Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Fanboy plays TL2

85 Pandaren Shaman
One last thing, why is it that the world in TL2 feels so much more immersive and larger than the world in Diablo 3 when Blizzard had a budget 10x that of Runic games? The answer? Talent.
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 06:07 AMPosted by HamburgerBun
TL2 is dead which is why their forums are dead.

TL2 forums are dead because they're all having too much fun to post there. Instead, they come here to post.

Also, the OP neglected to mention enchanting items with elemental affixes, and adding sockets to items. Look at my Barb's weapon. Imagine being able to push that thing to 1100DPS and add a socket, all for a few thousand gold.

12/24/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Moanshadow
Taking you strictly by what you wrote, I doubt that the TL2 developers will read it here.

He's providing feedback to the D3 devs.
Reply Quote
After playing TL2 for a bit, I can truly say that I am amazed at the amazing variety within the game. Even playing at low levels, the differences in character build, itemization, and gameplay strategy are AMAZING.

The low level item drops are terrific and definitely add a great level of excitement/suspense while leveling. It also provides a terrific way to add "stakes" (i.e. weight/importance) to equipment choices and attribute allocation. You truly feel that you are playing/lvling towards a specific goal and that every choice you make with a character really matters. The fact that I can decide to give me engineer a specific identity that affects his future equipment, skill/attribute point, and combat strategy choices allows for a truly meaningful gameplay experience.

Heck, the fact that there is a monster called a "phase beast" that transports you to a random mini instance/event is pure genius.
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 06:49 AMPosted by raffleking
Interesting, thanks for the post. I've been debating picking up TL2 lately just out of boredom and being pretty much over D3. Does TL2 have any sort of endgame at all? Is there...you know...stuff to do aside from just grinding and vendoring the thousands of BS rares you pick up? Not trying to be snarky, I still like D3 (or maybe just the idea of it rather than the execution) and it'll probably get better eventually once the development teams starts shuffling around a bit, but I'm interested in what TL2 does better or worse and it's hard to get an unbiased, non-flame bait review around these parts...thanks!

Torchlight 2 is more than just griding. The sidequests and bosses and phase bosses alone are unique enough to keep things exciting.

Alot of things in there e.g. traps in certain dungeons, dangerous minions, spells, pets, fishes, etc all are very interesting to interact with.

It makes the game feels much more than just griding for better loot, beating the Acts, and the final boss... D3 is such a game, TL2 is not. Thus is why so many ppl say it's a way better game.

Manual stats and skillpoints are also a big plus - a big mistake D3 should not have meddle in.. Making everything Auto Allocation/Free for all Skills is just plain dumb and boring. It'll definitely reduce the replayability/achivement/uniqueness value.

TL2 does not have an AH/RMAH feature as well, and loots fall from heaven all the time making you get upgrades/new types of loots easier. It makes playing the game rewarding and an enriching experience. What is the point of creating AH if the game based itself alot from loot grinding? Wouldn't that make loots TOO EASILY AVAILABLE? Ok get it right, even if D3 doesn't have AH/RMAH, the game is still a wreck, why? Play TL2 till the end then you'll know how much awesomeness is D3 missing.

You'd definitely keep coming back at TL2 after stopping for a time - you'll be hard at quitting it completely once u know what the game is about (unless u had 4 characters, maxed out all the playability on the game - then yes maybe that time you'll wait for TL3 to come out - but isn't that a worthwhile experience compare to !@#$ty D3? - do u look forward to D3 expansion or D4 - bet probably more than half of u guys will say no)

get TL2, right now Steam keeps having sales for it. I got mine for USD9.99 50% off - what can you say about that? It's like literally robbing away! But the devs dont mind it selling cheap maybe quantity and quality in sales is what they're looking for! Kudos to them for that for not having insane greed that Blizzard has.

Stop supporting Blizzard for its BS games, and start getting real with great games. The now Blizzard is no longer like what they are in the past.

I'm currently playing KOTOR as I got it for USD2 on Steam - tho it's an old game but it's superb. Finished KOTOR2 years ago (like 3 times) however i find KOTOR way more better. Will come back to TL2 to finish it off once I'm done.

It's sometimes aint so much about graphics, but how a game present itself as a package. Get it right and real. Be a real gamer rather than a noob fanboy. It's the fun level/overall satisfaction that counts in the end.
Edited by MarkXKiller#6473 on 1/8/2013 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
POE>TL2>All other ARPG's besides D3>D3
Reply Quote
TL2 is not as good as TL1 or Titan Quest, D3 is the best out of the four.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 11:56 PMPosted by MarkXKiller
You'd definitely keep coming back at TL2 after stopping for a time - you'll be hard at quitting it completely once u know what the game is about (unless u had 4 characters, maxed out all the playability on the game - then yes maybe that time you'll wait for TL3 to come out - but isn't that a worthwhile experience compare to !@#$ty D3? - do u look forward to D3 expansion or D4 - bet probably more than half of u guys will say no)

There's probably not going to be a TL3 since Runic really wants to make the world of Torchlight into an MMORPG even before TL2 was made.. The only reason TL2 was even made was to make an RPG that actually had a full-fledged multi-player unlike TL1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]