Diablo® III

Message Tabs

Didn't think of this until I started having trouble figuring out what people were saying to me without mixing them up. Put tabs above the chat that disappear when you aren't typing or scrolling. For instance, hit the scroll button then click a tab or enter then click a tab. Also, there could be a button that switches to the last message sent to you, this way you don't have to hit enter or whatever.

It will automatically be ready to type in said channel or person. This can be optional as well. The tabs compress the more there are. Not sure if there should be a limit or anything though. There is also an option of closing the tab by right clicking it, not an X because you'd accidentally close them to easily. This would separate general chat and people who PM you ect. The tab that has a msg you haven't read would glow as well.
Reply Quote
Bump, chat really needs some looking into. The game needs the feature to create different chat tabs.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Mage
I like how in WoW, you can make whispers appear in a new message box so it doesn't get lost in the flood of garbage being spewed in the general or trade chat channels.
Reply Quote
Now here's a thing you can inherit from WoW and it will actually improve the game! Bump!

I find the chat box too convoluted! Tabs should keep things clearer.
Reply Quote
Bump!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]