Diablo® III

cm/ww, are we stuck with EB/chain reaction?

so i was playing around with EB runes and found obliteration/short fuse/time bomb to be exceptionally good but alas only time bomb can imitate chain reaction's 3-hit combo while obliteration and short fuse can't even hold a candle to the two but pretty strong still (215% wp dmg for short fuse while obliteration has bigger radius)

personally, i found short fuse to be good. feels weird though
Reply Quote
Time bomb is only other viable one. Hits hard.

But CB I think was proven to be stronger on longer fights.

On shorter fights 1-2 blasts, time bomb wins.
Reply Quote
315% wp dmg is awesome. the 2.5 delay can match nova's 3 second freeze but it does feel weird planting time bomb in places.
Reply Quote
Its the procs of Chain Reaction that make it the best.

Each EB has a chance to Crit Hit. It is 3 versus 1 for all other EB Rune Options

Also APoC, basically if you have decent APoC and CC, every EB will give you back plus some of the AP you used to cast the spell.

My maths could be completely stuffed, but for me, with 54% CC, each EB-CR there is only a 3.77% chance I won't get a Crit Hit. (the cube root of 54, right?) My maths could be completely wrong, I just know the chances of not getting a Crit is low.
Reply Quote
CMIW, but each hit of chain reaction has a 1/3 of proc coefficient of time bomb. So proc is the same. The only thing that makes chain reaction better is it has less wasted damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
Chain reaction is best because it's like all Cm spells, fast ticks and low damage, which is best cos we use loh. With my LS weapon molten meteor Cm build i use obliterate. you'll get wrecked quick by reflect if you try and use that in CM/WW spec.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/29/2012 6:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Idk but for me, no lag TB does more damage and same proc rate, with lag CR does more damage and higher proc rate, so I switch accordingly. The mechanic of TB also helps me progress a bit faster, so normally I use TB.
Reply Quote
No, you should be doing time bomb if your CC / APS is high enough and you're running MP0-1 speed runs. Which if you're running MP0-1 speed runs you probably should just turn archon so that's why you see so few use it.
Reply Quote
I love time bomb for MP7. In keeps 2 with those huge packs of skeletons I teleport into the first glob, freeze, set up 3-4 time bombs, and by then I have teleport back. Move on to the next while your bombs kills that pack.

I honestly feel it saves me time, and against extra health yellows it is a bit more damage compared to CR, just need a fight >15 seconds long.
Reply Quote
Has anyone tried unleashed? I found it good for wind-up and the damage is surprisingly good.

Also, to me it seems all the non cr runes are better at locking. or am i seeing things?
Reply Quote
Has anyone tried unleashed? I found it good for wind-up and the damage is surprisingly good.

Also, to me it seems all the non cr runes are better at locking. or am i seeing things?

It's decent if you're at a low APS or low APoC. Otherwise, once you become AP saturated the other runes are better (particularly CR and TB).
Reply Quote
ok thanks for the inputs
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]