Diablo® III

Login Issue, in a loop

My friend account was locked and try to retrive it via password reset, done everything and asking for code from phone. Her phone was stolen so will not be able to receive any message. Try to change the phone attached but login required. Basically she is in a loop.

What is the best alternative? Call customer support to assist? The support form doesn't help at all, so basically if anyone of us attached our phone to the account and if our phone is stolen basically we will not be able to access it anymore. I assume this would be the same as authenticator.

Please advise on the next best course of action.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
She will need to go through Account Recovery for her account if she can https://us.battle.net/account/support/account-recovery.html

Or she can navigate the new Ticket System to get to the Support Phone number (if they are open). Go to New Ticket --> Product Battle.net --> Choose from a list of predefined topics --> Topic "I can't log in" --> Topic Details "I have an issue not listed here". If they are open, the phone button will light up at the bottom of the screen and you can click it to get the number. It lights up for me right now on the US site when I take those steps.

Some tips for calling if you get the option:

1. The phone lines are always full these days (They support all of D3, WoW, and Starcraft). Spam re-dial immediately when you hear the queue full message until you get in queue and then stay there!
2. Cell phones hate being on hold and can disconnect. Use a land line (free in the US) or Skype (free to download and call them with anywhere in the world).
3. Be prepared for a 45 min + wait on hold (sometimes shorter)
4. Be prepared to prove your identity by answering questions or giving Battle.net game keys
5. If you get it resolved on the phone, remember to cancel any tickets you have in the system to reduce the backlog there.

P.S. If the phone option is open to you, I would suggest taking it as it is faster than a ticket!
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 12/29/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]