Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

Before reading just know this whole post is my opinion.

So everyday before I play Diablo I check Battle.net because I like to see what people are saying in the popular topics. The only downside is that every single day there is a at least one thread about how bad this game is, or where the flaws are. Now i can appreciate that some of the posts are well written, literate and informative. I.e, posts about what the overall community would like to see added to the game from a census of the community and trying to get the word to a CM and hopefully eventually to a developer. BUT then we have the threads of people raging and QQing about every other aspect of the game. I.e NERF RD TOO HARD!!!!!! Or THIS GAME IS SO BAD I WANT THIS AND THAT. It's such a depressant to see this when I still manage to have fun with the game, there is nothing more of a buzzkill than seeing people point out all the things that may not be perfect. I understand Blizzard still has a ways to go with the game and who knows, these next few patches could prove to really turn the game around; PvP, new design features etc. All i'm saying is that there are still people out there who enjoy the game and all the people who !@#$% and complain about everything are not accomplishing anything but making other people feel worse about the game.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about this topic.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
The best advice I can give you is this:

1. Learn to read past all of the unimportant chatter and complaining. There ARE some good threads out there from time to time, and there are some good discussions going. Just make sure to seek out the viable stuff, and try very hard to pass by on the non important.... and it does help to try to develop a thick skin (not saying you don't have one... but if the forums bother you quite a bit, it could be that's one of the issues...).

2. Ignore the forums altogether. This option I only suggest for if you find yourself unable to wade past the useless stuff and find yourself mired in the negativity that does seem to be prevalent on the forums.

So there you go... at least a few options to chew on.
Reply Quote
average game, dissapointed community
Reply Quote
All the thoughtful people left in June.
Reply Quote
All the crybabies think that if they repeat the same old tired mantra (ie. "this game is dead") that it will make it true.

The reality is I find games filled with people constantly and my friends list is active and alive.

Granted there are some in my friends list that no longer play and that's OK. Not everyone will continue to play.
In addition, I find the HC community is smaller however, the HC economy is more stable (since no RMAH I believe) and tends to be more helpful. I've received a full Aughild's and legendary fist all gratis from random pub games.

In the end OP, the title post pretty well sums it up.
Reply Quote
The best advice I can give you is this:

1. Learn to read past all of the unimportant chatter and complaining. There ARE some good threads out there from time to time, and there are some good discussions going. Just make sure to seek out the viable stuff, and try very hard to pass by on the non important.... and it does help to try to develop a thick skin (not saying you don't have one... but if the forums bother you quite a bit, it could be that's one of the issues...).

2. Ignore the forums altogether. This option I only suggest for if you find yourself unable to wade past the useless stuff and find yourself mired in the negativity that does seem to be prevalent on the forums.

So there you go... at least a few options to chew on.

You seem to have misunderstood my post, I acknowledged the fast that there are good posts and I love to read them as well as the fact that i love the forum section, it's great to see other peoples opinions and ideas but its just so stupid that people bother posting at all with such idiotic topics at times.
Reply Quote
If you really like the games, just play it. The forum in Battle.net reach the point where the support/bug section which filled by people having problemis actually more positive than the general discussions.

Once more, avoid general discussions. Specially after any announcement about patch or new feature, because all those hordes of disappointed people that claimed they have quit suddenly reappear in forum. Either bashing D3, bashing Jay Wilson or lifting PoE as the D3 killer, or what D3 should become, which considering it's still in beta, really doubtful.

It's weird how these people claimed that they hate being disappointed but they seems to be addicted to disappointment.
Reply Quote
All i'm saying is that there are still people out there who enjoy the game and all the people who and complain about everything are not accomplishing anything but making other people feel worse about the game.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about this topic.

Thank you.

The italicized quote is their intention. Some people think that because they don't like something anyone who might like that something is, well, not quite up to speed. You see it everywhere. When big change happens in life or at work, the folks who abhor change come out of the woodwork to criticize the changes.

If you have a job, talk to your boss about getting your department to participate in a group exercise on change styles. If you are in school, talk to your instructor / teacher / professor. If you have never done something like that it will open your eyes and I think you will find it a beneficial experience.
Reply Quote
Posting similar sentiments myself about how this community can seem quite toxic at times. It's just a matter of sifting the idle chatter and unbridled emotion from posts of actual substance.

It's really a wonderful game IMO with so much room to grow it's insane.

Grow grow GROW!!! I'll be here to see it!
Reply Quote
A game 10 years in the making that turned out to be problably the biggest disappointment in gaming history, created all of the negativity that you're seeing here.

Blame Activision for their short sightedness and greed, not the community. People are right to be as pissed off as they are.
Reply Quote
+1
game needs work but insulting blizzard/devs/game isn't helping. anyways, good luck convincing the internet to share your opinion...
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:28 PMPosted by iwonsch

+1
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:39 PMPosted by DeMasked

+1

+1
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:45 PMPosted by LordVellius

+1

+1

+1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]