Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

01/02/2013 04:55 PMPosted by RagingKoala
I will say the hostile button was great :D

Ironically, we need a un-hostile button for this forum.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare,

I see you mentioned the forum Code of conduct. Why mention it at all if it is clear that the team does selective moderation. Why are players allowed to advertise Stream links and spastically spam bump them in hopes of leeching viewers from here for blatant monetary gain or ego stoking? In today's youtube society we have enough ads forced upon us, can we at least keep these forums advertising free? It says right in your CoC that advertising a non battlenet website is prohibited- yet these forums are plastered with people advertising streams. This practice of spam bumping streams to grab viewers is a curse on gaming society and needs to be dealt with. From your own CoC link...

Advertising

This category includes advertisement of: Any non-beneficial, non-Battle.net related businesses, organizations, or websites

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will: Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Please pass this information on to the decision makers. I greatly appreciate your time! thanks!
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 1/2/2013 5:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Empty sense maybe for you. I liked being able to create a ice orb sork for fun and then creating another firewall sork for mephesto runs. And then another lightning nova sork for cows. Replay-ability goes a long way.

As soon as that turns into just change skills in less than a minute the challenge of creating your own custom char is gone. Yes i said char.

Also low level hardcore duels were a major part of this game. Please bring it back.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Only idiots and egoists disregard good advice or feedback because their pride was hurt.

I wanted to jump in really quickly to say that this is the sort of exchange can lead to account actions. While players are welcome to disagree with each other, it is never acceptable on our forums to name-call or harass other players. It only hinders constructive conversation and makes those of us on this end ready our ban-hammers. Remember that discussing the game or one’s opinions of the game is okay, but attacking or belittling other players for their opinions isn’t.

what about calling the anonymous people that just run around blatantly reporting anyone that has anything at all bad to say about the game "slack jawed mouth breathers?" might as well hand me my ban now i can cunderstand and i apologize.

but seriously i am getting sick of seeing post after post after post being reported for no reason other than someone doesnt like something about D3.

how about giving people making needless reports a ban?

i understand the reports for name calling, insults, threats, or anything along those lines but it gets ridiculous when i see posts being reported left and right just because someone made a comment about an aspect they didnt like with D3.

how does that encourage a constructive discussion?
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Stryker
I understand Blizzard still has a ways to go with the game and who knows, these next few patches could prove to really turn the game around; PvP, new design features etc.

lol you sounded like me around september/october with this one.

Understand that it's a lot to ask for if you want the majority of people that point out flaws in this game to not come off as qq. Like others have said, learn to read past those because there are many that have great ideas/points to make. In fact, I would rather have the forums the way it is now, flooded with the "haters" and "qq'ers". If they weren't around, all the people who are satisfied with this terrible excuse for a blizzard game would lower the bar for future games.
Reply Quote
Vaeflare,

I see you mentioned the forum Code of conduct. Why mention it at all if it is clear that the team does selective moderation. Why are players allowed to advertise Stream links and spastically spam bump them in hopes of leeching viewers from here for blatant monetary gain or ego stoking? In today's youtube society we have enough ads forced upon us, can we at least keep these forums advertising free? It says right in your CoC that advertising a non battlenet website is prohibited- yet these forums are plastered with people advertising streams. This practice of spam bumping streams to grab viewers is a curse on gaming society and needs to be dealt with. From your own CoC link...

Advertising

This category includes advertisement of: Any non-beneficial, non-Battle.net related businesses, organizations, or websites

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will: Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Please pass this information on to the decision makers. I greatly appreciate your time! thanks!

They do get punished but I am sure they look to the reports based on numbers or reports and the type reported. So, if there was someone giving out real-life threats and another what was advertising or bumping threads, priority would be on the real-life threats.

They are not like GM's, their sole duty is not restricted to moderation. So it does take time.
Reply Quote
I wanted to jump in really quickly to say that this is the sort of exchange can lead to account actions. While players are welcome to disagree with each other, it is never acceptable on our forums to name-call or harass other players. It only hinders constructive conversation and makes those of us on this end ready our ban-hammers. Remember that discussing the game or one’s opinions of the game is okay, but attacking or belittling other players for their opinions isn’t.

Thank you :)
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 05:01 PMPosted by ellisD

Ironically, we need a un-hostile button for this forum.

Naw, we need pvp so that people put up or shut up.

I see Ellis. I see Otis. I see a hostile button. Blood will be spilled this day. Much Blood!
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:52 PMPosted by D3ALLDAY
Constructive? has been overflowing these forums since day one. If you notice people are catapulting flaming piles of feces in your direction it's because your not doing something right. David B got it right. So here is constructive for ya. Bring back skill trees, remove auction house and add hostile button. Thank you.

yup
Reply Quote
forum loot duels would be a great start. forum pking would be great as well.
Reply Quote

I see Ellis. I see Otis. I see a hostile button. Blood will be spilled this day. Much Blood!

"Silence, dog. Your only purpose is to die by my hand."

Dueling will come in handy once it is released. there will be bickering and than settle it like men, fight to the death! Well, maybe not death, but gloating shall result.
Reply Quote

"Silence, dog. Your only purpose is to die by my hand."

It feels good to have a purpose! Dying shall be GLORIOUS!
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Only idiots and egoists disregard good advice or feedback because their pride was hurt.

this seems to be a 1-sided coin for your company... if someone says something negative about the game,even in a civilized way they get verbally assaulted by a select few on these forums. If someone states they dislike a feature of the game they get verbally assaulted again or players report the thread because they simply dont like the persons opinion and this has been happening more and more recently. The majority of this forum has become more and more negative for a reason. We got a empty promises game. We have little to no commication with the actual development team of this game. They post on twitter and facebook instead of there own games forums for news even? wth is with that. The RMAH/AH was suppose to make this game more enjoyable and safe; instead we now have RMT and "REAL PLAYERS" scamming people out of gold on a daily basis. We got accounts that have been reported to CMs, in-game and through the hack/scam e-mail multiple times and they are still running rampant. People that spam report threads/posts because they simply dont agree with someone(s) ideas/ opinions should be banned outright for harassment. And if you want to cut down on some of the negativ thread posting give people a reason not to and i dont mean start punishing them. Communicate more with your community it does wonders. Yoshi-p and his dev team for FF14 post on real accounts to there forums on a weekly basis. When has Jay Wilson ever posted on the Diablo 3 forums? I cant recall once.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee

what about calling the anonymous people that just run around blatantly reporting anyone that has anything at all bad to say about the game "slack jawed mouth breathers?" might as well hand me my ban now i can cunderstand and i apologize.

but seriously i am getting sick of seeing post after post after post being reported for no reason other than someone doesnt like something about D3.

i understand the reports for name calling, insults, threats, or anything along those lines but it gets ridiculous when i see posts being reported left and right just because someone made a comment about an aspect they didnt like with D3.

All reports are handled on an individual basis, so having another player "Report" one of your posts won’t necessarily lead to an account action, so there’s nothing to fear if you didn’t do anything wrong.

In terms of players who chose to intentionally submit false reports: they are liable to receive account actions for abusing the “Report” function.
Reply Quote

All reports are handled on an individual basis, so having another player "Report" one of your posts won’t necessarily lead to an account action, so there’s nothing to fear if you didn’t do anything wrong.

In terms of players who chose to intentionally submit false reports: they are liable to receive account actions for abusing the “Report” function.

Out of curiosity, have you witnessed any rather entertaining or fun Reports (in terms of wording). Like, when reporting, I always have an urge to make it comical so to make whom ever reads it day a little brighter. But same time, if I remember correctly, there can be repercussion for what one actually writes in the report.

Would be just fun to see some of the more entertaining reports. Sort of like a compilation of the funniest or most clever reports (if any eve exist).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]