Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

Wait !! let me get this straight ...Smartguy and others are scamming the players. It reported thru various means, including this forum, and you do NOTHING..

But Player A calls Player B a name ( not necessarily a vile one) and you READY TO JUMP IN!!!

Can you explain to me why name calling is more "CRITICAL" then scamming your subscribers?? hmmm
Reply Quote
As someone who’s been browsing these forums daily since their inception, I not only understand your eagerness to check up on the buzz surrounding the Diablo III community, but also the frustration you feel whenever you see complaints from players who are sometimes being less than constructive.

Here’s the thing: there are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III, and I’d wager that the majority of players posting here are doing so because they are passionate about the game and want to offer insight to make it even better. But there are also some players that simply like to stir the pot. My best suggestion for the latter is to down-vote their posts and take advantage of the “Ignore” feature if you feel they are being detrimental to the community -- and to use the “Report” function if they are outright breaching the forum’s [url="http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct "]Code of Conduct[/url] or[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2 "] Posting Guidelines[/url]. Using inappropriate language or harassing other players or employees is never okay, and we do our best to weed out such behavior from our forums.

As we’ve said many times before, we do appreciate feedback and constructive discussions, and we try our best to cultivate an environment where players feel comfortable discussing all things Diablo III. We realize the forums aren’t always going to be overflowing with rainbow unicorns and fluffy teddy bears, but that’s to be expected, and we truly do appreciate the continued passion of the Diablo III community.

I've refrained myself from posting in the Diablo forum as I am normally here to just check on the updates, and the direction of the franchise, (also, you must admit some of the rants are quite entertaining), but the bolded statement above really makes me want to say something.

I think Blizzard is only deluding themselves if they think that majority of the players who bought the game consider Diablo 3 as a enjoyable game. Statements such as this implies that Blizzard is satisfied with their effort with Diablo 3 and that no improvements are necessary to improve the player's experience with the game which some people may interpret as arrogance, and that in turn "encourages" the vocal detractors to voice out their frustrations even more. It really works both ways... if the developers are open with their development goals and feature schedules, the community will give their feedback on the direction, and the developers can explain why some of the feedbacks cannot be implemented. Of course there may be backlashes (eg. PVP blog update), but to be honest most of the backlash stems from 7 months of no updates and their frustration on removal of the arena. (which was demoed previously).

Blizzard has made many gems in the past... and many of us ordered this game just because it's a Diablo and it came from Blizzard. Give us a reason to show that our faith in Blizzard was not misplaced. I really want to know Kerrigan's story in HOTS, but i am refraining from pre-ordering HOTS because of Diablo.
Reply Quote
For pvp.. I would like Blizzard to force the players to use "house" armor/weapons. As the player wins matches the armor/weapons gets better. Till they are super GM's. At which point they are anointed/crowned and can only play other super GM's. Let see whose has better "skills" instead of whose credit card has a higher limit.
Reply Quote
As someone who’s been browsing these forums daily since their inception, I not only understand your eagerness to check up on the buzz surrounding the Diablo III community, but also the frustration you feel whenever you see complaints from players who are sometimes being less than constructive.

Here’s the thing: there are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III, and I’d wager that the majority of players posting here are doing so because they are passionate about the game and want to offer insight to make it even better. But there are also some players that simply like to stir the pot. My best suggestion for the latter is to down-vote their posts and take advantage of the “Ignore” feature if you feel they are being detrimental to the community -- and to use the “Report” function if they are outright breaching the forum’s [url="http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct "]Code of Conduct[/url] or[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2 "] Posting Guidelines[/url]. Using inappropriate language or harassing other players or employees is never okay, and we do our best to weed out such behavior from our forums.

As we’ve said many times before, we do appreciate feedback and constructive discussions, and we try our best to cultivate an environment where players feel comfortable discussing all things Diablo III. We realize the forums aren’t always going to be overflowing with rainbow unicorns and fluffy teddy bears, but that’s to be expected, and we truly do appreciate the continued passion of the Diablo III community.

I've refrained myself from posting in the Diablo forum as I am normally here to just check on the updates, and the direction of the franchise, (also, you must admit some of the rants are quite entertaining), but the bolded statement above really makes me want to say something.

I think Blizzard is only deluding themselves if they think that majority of the players who bought the game consider Diablo 3 as a enjoyable game. Statements such as this implies that Blizzard is satisfied with their effort with Diablo 3 and that no improvements are necessary to improve the player's experience with the game which some people may interpret as arrogance, and that in turn "encourages" the vocal detractors to voice out their frustrations even more. It really works both ways... if the developers are open with their development goals and feature schedules, the community will give their feedback on the direction, and the developers can explain why some of the feedbacks cannot be implemented. Of course there may be backlashes (eg. PVP blog update), but to be honest most of the backlash stems from 7 months of no updates and their frustration on removal of the arena. (which was demoed previously).

Blizzard has made many gems in the past... and many of us ordered this game just because it's a Diablo and it came from Blizzard. Give us a reason to show that our faith in Blizzard was not misplaced. I really want to know Kerrigan's story in HOTS, but i am refraining from pre-ordering HOTS because of Diablo.

Umm, did you bother reading what you quoted AND bolded? The only delusional one here is you, perhaps it is better if you had not posted on the forum. I'll make it easy for you.

• There are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III.
  • I'd (Vaelflare) wager that the majority of players posting here are doing so because they are passionate about the game and want to offer insight to make it even better.
  • Now, it is pretty simple to see what was stated. The "majority" aspect pertains to those passionate and wish for it to be improved. He did not state that the "majority" enjoyed the game (which at least to mine or anyone's ability seems incredibly difficult to prove regardless).

So, this statement here:

• I think Blizzard is only deluding themselves if they think that majority of the players who bought the game consider Diablo 3 as a enjoyable game.
  • Your very first sentence, which is the crutch of your argument is misrepresenting what was stated and wrong. Which also makes what you said afterwards (such as the delusional part, which is based on your first sentence, to be faulty).

Next time you use your "rare" posts, you might want to stick with what was actually stated and not a misrepresentation of what was state to suit your needs.
    Reply Quote
    Empty sense maybe for you. I liked being able to create a ice orb sork for fun and then creating another firewall sork for mephesto runs. And then another lightning nova sork for cows. Replay-ability goes a long way.

As soon as that turns into just change skills in less than a minute the challenge of creating your own custom char is gone. Yes i said char.

Also low level hardcore duels were a major part of this game. Please bring it back.

Sorry, it's all empty.
    Here's the sequence that you described in D2:
    1. Level up Sorceress. Dump points in Ice Orb + Synergies. Kill one set of mobs ('cuz that's all you could really do).
    2. Level up Sorceress again. Dump points in Firewall + Synergies. Kill one boss mob ('cuz that's all you could really do).
    3. Level up Sorceress a third time. Dump points in Lightning Nova + Synergies. Kill one set of mobs ('cuz that's all you could really do).

Here's the sequence in D3:
    1. Level up Wizard. Take skills to fit your current play needs. Kill mobs. Re-tool skills to fit another set of play needs. Kill mobs.

D3 is vastly superior there. You don't need to level up 3 different versions of the same character. Especially given Paragon, would you REALLY want to play through every act 12-16 times plus level to 100 Paragon just to have one complete character?

What you meant to say is this:
    "I miss D2 because I could rush through things. Act 2 was as simple as MapHack and moving to the end with Teleport. I could join Hell games and leech in cows all day. I had no real challenge, and my days were spent levelling extraneous characters rather than trying to avoid dying"

There ya go. Enjoy.
    Reply Quote
    Actually i used all 3 of those sorks to pvp/mf to find good uniques like shakos/storm shields so that i could trade for 15% max damage jewels so i could make an insane level 14 hardcore low level dueling assassin. I am not delusional whatsoever and as a true gamer i know whats fun to me.

D2 had a ton more stuff that d3 is just lacking. And i might have agreed with you about the paragon leveling but thats just added junk since i never cared much for getting to level 99 since i played hardcore and would rather spend my time dueling not zombie rolling packs of waste my time.

taking the time to form an input is greatly appreciated. No trollmo.
    Reply Quote
    1. Level up Sorceress. Dump points in Ice Orb + Synergies. Kill one set of mobs ('cuz that's all you could really do).
    2. Level up Sorceress again. Dump points in Firewall + Synergies. Kill one boss mob ('cuz that's all you could really do).
    3. Level up Sorceress a third time. Dump points in Lightning Nova + Synergies. Kill one set of mobs ('cuz that's all you could really do)

No. You could assemble a token and reskill as often as you want, so its basically:
    1. Level up Sorceress and dump points in skills

Here's the sequence in D3:
    1. Level up Wizard. Take skills to fit your current play needs. Kill mobs. Re-tool skills to fit another set of play needs. Kill mobs.

No. There are only like two builds (one for ubers and one for farming), so its basically:
    1. Level up Sorceress and change skills

cant see much difference here....

Lets just hope for the best and stop fighting <3

EDIT: inb4 HURR DURR sorc haz maaany buildz where you change one skill and turn it into another completely different build

the game is as good as the community

/thread
    Edited by Imperial#2358 on 1/2/2013 7:02 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    In my opinion, I think and feel that this thread is starting to get derailed from the original topic. I suggest that if those want to continue their conversation that is not on the topic of this thread, either make a new thread to continue your conversation or do it on the chat server.

This is not my thread, but it is a kind request in respects of the original maker of this thread. Thank you.
    Reply Quote
    Oh yeah! Vaeflare! CM, you guys controll everything from the posting of legit players and member. You guys have the options to delete post that is good for the game in the long run. But yet your CM delete cause some topics are too bad for publicity of the game. Andthe worst part is you guys use code of conduct and code of the forum to delete based on your decision of that topic if it says bad things about D3. most of the posting you guys delete has no profanity or harrasing others players yet, you delete it cause it says bad things d3 and you silently delete. Where's that proper code of conduct that says by you guys that we all have a difference of opinions and that all what the forums is for.. Well we are talking constructively about D3 and what can we and how we can make it better for the community but you guys have lately been using yourcode of conduct very childessly. Delete topics that you guys interprate as a violation of code of conduct. Your CM should take a lesson from othermajor corporation how to treat your fanbase , even if they are horrible to the community. Let them talk to their heart content, if it is not a real threadto a players or others let them create any topics or discussion theywant. Be polite to your fanbase even if they are creating a topics that belittle d3. They arenot hurting anyone, or thegame itself.
    Reply Quote
    01/02/2013 06:48 PMPosted by D3ALLDAY
    so i could make an insane level 14 hardcore low level dueling assassin.

Hardcore low level duels were very time consuming. i also had an assassin, charge pally and elite throwing barb.
    Reply Quote
    01/02/2013 07:08 PMPosted by CentaurusXVI
    Oh yeah! Vaeflare! CM, you guys controll everything from the posting of legit players and member. You guys have the options to delete post that is good for the game in the long run. But yet your CM delete cause some topics are too bad for publicity of the game. Andthe worst part is you guys use code of conduct and code of the forum to delete based on your decision of that topic if it says bad things about D3. most of the posting you guys delete has no profanity or harrasing others players yet, you delete it cause it says bad things d3 and you silently delete. Where's that proper code of conduct that says by you guys that we all have a difference of opinions and that all what the forums is for.. Well we are talking constructively about D3 and what can we and how we can make it better for the community but you guys have lately been using yourcode of conduct very childessly. Delete topics that you guys interprate as a violation of code of conduct. Your CM should take a lesson from othermajor corporation how to treat your fanbase , even if they are horrible to the community. Let them talk to their heart content, if it is not a real threadto a players or others let them create any topics or discussion theywant. Be polite to your fanbase even if they are creating a topics that belittle d3. They arenot hurting anyone, or thegame itself.

Post that criticize Diablo III are just fine and do not get deleted. This whole view of, "it is all censorship" is pretty naive. All this ideology does is act as a form of self justification and self-perseverance. It is easier to blame Blizzard for taking action than accepting accountability for the lacking and often pitiful threads that go on.

If one criticizes, objects, or disagrees with Diablo III in a civilized and constructive manner, than it will be fine. But when one just throws out post saying X is dumb, Y is trash, Z is garbage, of course it serves no place on the forum since it adds nothing. When people stop being driven by their emotional state and think for a second, "what is really wrong with X and what could be done to fix it" instead of the aforementioned way, the forums will be much better.

Hell, I even go so far as to say those that "try" to help in uncivilized manner are actually hindering the progress and potential to make the game better. Who knows, their ideas may actually be good; but if one does it in a manner that gets it deleted, than of course it wont get heard. In all honesty, if someone really wishes to help the game, they would do it in such a manner that wont result in a ban, deletion, or lock. Since feelings (like being disgruntlement) can be mentioned, the advice or recommendation will just be drowned out by the noise of complaints.

Most communities were considered dead long before DIII was released. I'm ready to move on.

No. You could assemble a token and reskill as often as you want

"fyi Ders." That token was implemented almost a decade after the game was released.

If not mistaken, it was like patch 1.13 in 2010. Which although was late, was still implemented. And I think we should view Diablo II in its current state and not its length of implement X. But, what I will point out is that, although it does reset, it also requires farming. It is like farming the wardens; going to the bosses and having a chance to drop but not guaranteed. So, if not able to willing to farm, than can't really use reset. So with that regard, it is different from Diablo III.
    Edited by Nilrem#1603 on 1/2/2013 7:24 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/02/2013 06:37 PMPosted by CyberGoat
    D3 is vastly superior there. You don't need to level up 3 different versions of the same character. Especially given Paragon, would you REALLY want to play through every act 12-16 times plus level to 100 Paragon just to have one complete character?

You don't have to because you don't really have the space to create a bunch of characters. And yea you have access to all skills/runes all the time with unlimited respecs, oh and monsters don't really have fire resistance, it's all damage vs. life... simple and yet kinda boring.

And funnily enough Blizzard first planned not to include anything like level 99 (or paragon 100) because they wanted everyone to easily get to level 60 and then focus on inferno.
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/24271-bashiok-on-the-level-cap/

Also when it comes to skill design let's look at the Wizard's skill. Since their is no difference when it comes to elemental damage (except supposedly elite affixes gives them slight resistance...), their is no point in making a fire build or ice build or lightning build. Fire build? Limited, you have the one charged bolt rune that can change to fire damage but the skill itself sucks if all the bolts hit walls/obstructions and hardly go far at all.

I was a bit disappointed that their isn't something like a fire/ice/lightning/arcane primary skill, and then the same for more damaging yet more costing skill with each having runes that would deal fire/ice/lightning/arcane damage differently or say if a arcane skill had a rune that could then deal fire damage instead.

But... their is no point in the end due to monsters not having any resistances...

Bah humbug to an oversimplified game... makes me feel like I wasted a ton of time before this game came out figuring out different builds to deal with different resistances...

Yeesh.

Edit: Also we lost + skills on items and are stuck with a very limited skill affix system which doesn't help people feel like their build is significant beyond clicking a few buttons...
    Reply Quote
    Despite the feeling of something important missing from this game,
    D3 is still a very enjoyable game and
    I can still find a lot of fun in it.

You can grind for over and over
    trying out new builds and specs

Plus, this game subscription free which allows me to enjoy the game without pressure.
    :D

Sorry for my bad english cos it's not my language
    Reply Quote
    Honestly, the worst threads I've witnessed in forums are mainly from fanboys name calling anyone who the criticizes the game. What is the point of having forums if one cannot express honest opinions and is only allowed to talk good things about the game?
    Edited by warmonger#1566 on 1/2/2013 8:13 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    I still find the game fun. Played all the classes to lvl 60 except Monk.

Bad community I can agree with.
    Reply Quote
    A good game wouldn't generate bad community...

01/02/2013 07:08 PMPosted by CentaurusXVI

Agree, i have seen a lot Critical questions on D3 being deleted one by one.
    Edited by WhiteBootz#6395 on 1/2/2013 8:33 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    MHO...

If they would just RE-release Diablo 2 but give them these graphics... i would be in heaven.

In every which way this game makes me sad. i read earlier that someone could only play for 30 mins at a time. thats alot like me BUT only once every 2 weeks if that. Kill a boss then log off.
    All my friends i played D2 with... DAY IN AND DAY OUT! TILL ALL I COULD SEE IN MY DREAMS WERE SWARMS OF PIT LORDS AND GOATMEN AND TAINTED BEAST!!!
    we started opening night. 200+ hours, now almost all havent been on in 150 days.
    Sad. :'(

People say that the items in this game are endless. that was one of blizzards BIG things. Nice to pair with the RMAH.
    that aside... it creates too much chaos. People use to have something to strive for. a build. a HOLY GRAIL of things to get if you will. Now? I havent changed my gear in forever, I survive just as good now as ever. and do heavy dmg. the game was figured out the first week. how to build. what to stack. any item will do with close to these stats.
    so you play and get it... then what?
    i remember i used to be so dedicated to key runs... then body parts... then a torch... then either sell unid torch for High Rune OOOORRR take a gamble and hope you get that pali torch!
    because the community set up the economy in game. it was not blizzard who told us... we figured it out. with other items before hand such as soj... then ladders changed it all as well
    HOLY crap i could go for days.
    Now i hear you people who say that yeah its a different game.
    what if starcraft was different... (other than "ZERO" but not even in the same category.)
    or what about WOW?

it wouldnt work.
    pigs dont fly

all im saying is... fail. step up. even if you announced(start a signup sheet BLIZZARD!!!) that you were gonna change the game.... like quest selection( make open lobby style more like Diablo 2)... chat lobbies thats a small start... ALSO holy crap why cant we have 8 people like the last game? with in game on the fly pvp. that was awesome!
    I remember ear hunts!
    in D2 if someone had beef with another char you would search different games for the said player kill him and bring his ear to the person who started the bounty... you got something cool like a rune, rune word, or soj.

anybody else see or feel the way i do?
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]