Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

If not mistaken, it was like patch 1.13 in 2010. Which although was late, was still implemented. And I think we should view Diablo II in its current state and not its length of implement X. But, what I will point out is that, although it does reset, it also requires farming. It is like farming the wardens; going to the bosses and having a chance to drop but not guaranteed. So, if not able to willing to farm, than can't really use reset. So with that regard, it is different from Diablo III.

That is way after DII's prime. I came back in 2011 to play DII again. I still ended up leveling up multiple sorcs. Changing skills between many builds is a hassle in DII. The new system in D3 doesn't bother me enough to quit (quit awhile ago). My issue is that there isn't enough content. Where on Earth is the xpack? This game needed one fast. The game sucks, but it could be good.
Edited by Dulac#1509 on 1/2/2013 9:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
01/02/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Here’s the thing: there are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III

:D :D :D
Edited by Squamata#1416 on 1/2/2013 10:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I, and many people in the community have tried the "constructive criticism" route for a while, but now I just don't care.

IMHO the problem is that blizzard did not respond to, did not acknowledge, did not act, and continues to ignore the community.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that the role of CM's is NOT to relay info and suggestions onto devs, but instead to lie to us with "we're working really hard, promise!" and "please pipe down" replies.

Meanwhile - Jay Wilson says, "oops no pvp lawl!" and there are Gold Spam threads on the list of top topics on the front of the battle.net website.

Lets get real here. The entire paragon leveling system was made up by Kripparian in a 12 minute good-bye D3 youtube video. He has done more for the D3 community in 12 minutes than all the CMs combined could do in 6 months. In return, he was listed as a recipient of god knows how much D3 swag from their Christmas clear-out.
Reply Quote

"Silence, dog. Your only purpose is to die by my hand."

It feels good to have a purpose! Dying shall be GLORIOUS!

I lol'ed.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 11:28 PMPosted by hellsaura
so simply put in your terms, a SHORT RPG is a better RPG? last time i checked anyone that likes or is into RPG type games are looking for LONG play time (10k hours) and experiences, not a game that you can max out everything in a SHORT time(>1000hours). thats an action game not an RPG game...

10.000 hours of gameplay ? that's is how much a game must provide to be considered a good game ? seriously ?

Skyrim PC players average 75 hours of playtime

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/08/todd-howard-over-10-million-skyrim-players-average-pc-time-75/

I guess it's a bad game too..
Edited by Squeal#1221 on 1/2/2013 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Only idiots and egoists disregard good advice or feedback because their pride was hurt.

I wanted to jump in really quickly to say that this is the sort of exchange can lead to account actions. While players are welcome to disagree with each other, it is never acceptable on our forums to name-call or harass other players. It only hinders constructive conversation and makes those of us on this end ready our ban-hammers. Remember that discussing the game or one’s opinions of the game is okay, but attacking or belittling other players for their opinions isn’t.

I was respecting all you CM's until last week. I thought you were trying to do your best to keep the community in a good position. But you started to delete post without any reason and you ban me for 1 week because of asking the reason why you deleted that post. That post was 150% game related which was about efficient farming.

I am not some 16 year old kid trolling in the forums and insulting people. I asked a fair question and I received 1 week ban in the end without any explanation or notification. I checked CoC and there is not such ban reason for reposting a thread which was previously deleted by a CM. Unfortunately this showed me that you actually do not respect the people in these forums. At least you could be polite to give me a reason why you deleted the posts so I would gladly delete my own post to help you with your job. Instead you choose brute force. So miserable...
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:28 PMPosted by iwonsch
average game, dissapointed community

word
Reply Quote
i love diablo 3 and im really looking forward to pvp
i do really hate the community though, if you dont like the game, play something else
Reply Quote
I, and many people in the community have tried the "constructive criticism" route for a while, but now I just don't care.

IMHO the problem is that blizzard did not respond to, did not acknowledge, did not act, and continues to ignore the community.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that the role of CM's is NOT to relay info and suggestions onto devs, but instead to lie to us with "we're working really hard, promise!" and "please pipe down" replies.

Meanwhile - Jay Wilson says, "oops no pvp lawl!" and there are Gold Spam threads on the list of top topics on the front of the battle.net website.

Lets get real here. The entire paragon leveling system was made up by Kripparian in a 12 minute good-bye D3 youtube video. He has done more for the D3 community in 12 minutes than all the CMs combined could do in 6 months. In return, he was listed as a recipient of god knows how much D3 swag from their Christmas clear-out.

Very true, every word of it.

I know that the CMs have a strict guideline when it comes to the things that they can or cannot reply to, be a simple post along the line of 'This looks interesting, we'll pass it on' is already enough to calm the tide of the forum.

I've seen so many threads here that are fairly constructive, though lacking in the overall construct or context that at the very least could have been given that similar treatment which funnily, doesn't.

I'm sure most would disagree with me because I'm not in their position and would think that I've no experience as a Community Moderator but I have and know. It's a matter of how they take charge of the situation within a constraint.

They can, but they just don't.
Reply Quote
Hate the player not the game!
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Chromus
Here’s the thing: there are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III

:D :D :D

I EPICLY LOL'ED

vaeflare...im sure u say that to yourself every day and night when u see the player base dwindle in numbers

the statement is correct in context but u forgot the other part...how many people dislike/are unsatisfied/or even hate this game? oh righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt u never take them into account...roflmao
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]