Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

As someone who’s been browsing these forums daily since their inception, I not only understand your eagerness to check up on the buzz surrounding the Diablo III community, but also the frustration you feel whenever you see complaints from players who are sometimes being less than constructive.
Here’s the thing: there are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III, and I’d wager that the majority of players posting here are doing so because they are passionate about the game and want to offer insight to make it even better. But there are also some players that simply like to stir the pot. My best suggestion for the latter is to down-vote their posts and take advantage of the “Ignore” feature if you feel they are being detrimental to the community -- and to use the “Report” function if they are outright breaching the forum’s [url="http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct "]Code of Conduct[/url] or[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2 "] Posting Guidelines[/url]. Using inappropriate language or harassing other players or employees is never okay, and we do our best to weed out such behavior from our forums.

As we’ve said many times before, we do appreciate feedback and constructive discussions, and we try our best to cultivate an environment where players feel comfortable discussing all things Diablo III. We realize the forums aren’t always going to be overflowing with rainbow unicorns and fluffy teddy bears, but that’s to be expected, and we truly do appreciate the continued passion of the Diablo III community.

You can never divorce the fact that D3 is a betrayal of the Diablo franchise.

How would you feel if after "Darknight Rises", a producer followed-up with "Batman & Robin" with George, Arnold and suits with nipples?

Outrage from fans is a natural phenomena when developers, producers, writers failed miserably to balance legacy with commercial interests.

There are dozens of examples from Superman to Star Wars...and D3 has never been an isolated case like many people think it is.

What you see in the forums is the unravelling of Blizzard's first ever disappointment.

But chill, Blizzard is not alone on this one ;)
Reply Quote
As someone who’s been browsing these forums daily since their inception, I not only understand your eagerness to check up on the buzz surrounding the Diablo III community, but also the frustration you feel whenever you see complaints from players who are sometimes being less than constructive.

Here’s the thing: there are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III, and I’d wager that the majority of players posting here are doing so because they are passionate about the game and want to offer insight to make it even better. But there are also some players that simply like to stir the pot. My best suggestion for the latter is to down-vote their posts and take advantage of the “Ignore” feature if you feel they are being detrimental to the community -- and to use the “Report” function if they are outright breaching the forum’s [url="http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct "]Code of Conduct[/url] or[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074647446#2 "] Posting Guidelines[/url]. Using inappropriate language or harassing other players or employees is never okay, and we do our best to weed out such behavior from our forums.

As we’ve said many times before, we do appreciate feedback and constructive discussions, and we try our best to cultivate an environment where players feel comfortable discussing all things Diablo III. We realize the forums aren’t always going to be overflowing with rainbow unicorns and fluffy teddy bears, but that’s to be expected, and we truly do appreciate the continued passion of the Diablo III community.

Yes beeing constructive helped us before (sarcasm) ...It seems that Blizzard has gone from the best to the worst...That's the most constructive post I could make...Nothing constructive to say about the game...because every sugestion you had was either not implemented either badly implemented...We need something more than remade ubers from diablo 2 and paragon levels that don't do anything but keep the endless farm on for nothing.

Uber and key runs was the best ideea since the lunch ...That's because it wasn't yours to start with...Was from the previous team...Paragon is another remake of the ladder...Just give us something to work with and we will try.
Edited by Vendetta#2202 on 1/3/2013 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I would enjoy it more if Blizzard would follow their own rules on scammers like Smartguy... But you do nothing .. blah blah blah...maybe you should run for office
Reply Quote

Here’s the thing: there are lots of people out there that enjoy Diablo III,

Note: This number declines daily.
Reply Quote
Cant really say its a "bad community".
I mean, Blizzard promised the blue from the sky...and they dont deliver.

Ofc people are angry about it.
Reply Quote
Too many people have left... Too many sites have posted negative.. Too many awards for most disappointing game of the year..

I see about 6-7 true die hards that defend the game as it is... however I see in other games other forums disappointed or just trash diablo...

As for anyone who say's other wise I say go to another game or forum and talk about diablo 3... Not Just TL2 or POE either...

Game needs fixed...
Edited by Necx#1387 on 1/3/2013 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Quickly glanced over at that forum.. looks like the game is doing fairly good and community doesn't look angry..

SC2 in much better shape then Diablo3..
Reply Quote
Well this has me thinking even more now...

Since blizzard owns both games... it is blizzards fault? mmm possible but why destroy one game not both?
Since Players here do play both games is it part of the players fault? Maybe but not likely
Since the only thing different is strategy and ARPG is that the fault? Other ARPG's do good No..
Since the Dev teams are only thing left that is not different is that the fault? Only thing that is left that makes any sense...
Reply Quote

Thanks for the insight, blue. Glad you see where i'm coming from.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Ender
All the upset fanboys wanted DII with better graphics. Sorry, not gonna happen.

Not particularly, no.

They wanted a game that was as rewarding as D2 was, in both character development and treasure finding.

D3 delivered neither. They built an okay template to do both, but miserably failed in implementing the necessary options to do so.

I used to defend D3 with the faint hope that Blizzard would realize they have a good base and make the necessary changes that would make this game fun. It's quite apparent after watching patch after patch come through that they just don't get it.

That is why people dislike D3.

Btw, using the word "fanboy" makes you look like an idiot.
Reply Quote

I EPICLY LOL'ED

vaeflare...im sure u say that to yourself every day and night when u see the player base dwindle in numbers

the statement is correct in context but u forgot the other part...how many people dislike/are unsatisfied/or even hate this game? oh righttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt u never take them into account...roflmao

It's their job to firmly focus on the single green tree, and ignore the forest fire all around.

That is amazing, lol
I'm remembering this one!
Reply Quote
D3 has no community because it encourages solo play

There is no public games list (creating games with titles, brings like-minded players together), and public chat is a joke. These are not complicated features, it's obvious that product management just decided they aren't important
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]