Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

what about calling the anonymous people that just run around blatantly reporting anyone that has anything at all bad to say about the game "slack jawed mouth breathers?" might as well hand me my ban now i can cunderstand and i apologize.

but seriously i am getting sick of seeing post after post after post being reported for no reason other than someone doesnt like something about D3.

how about giving people making needless reports a ban?

i understand the reports for name calling, insults, threats, or anything along those lines but it gets ridiculous when i see posts being reported left and right just because someone made a comment about an aspect they didnt like with D3.

how does that encourage a constructive discussion?

All reports are handled on an individual basis, so having another player "Report" one of your posts won’t necessarily lead to an account action, so there’s nothing to fear if you didn’t do anything wrong.

In terms of players who chose to intentionally submit false reports: they are liable to receive account actions for abusing the “Report” function.

Perfect exmple of what I am pointing out look at posts #276 and #282 Nothing foul in either one, nothing calling anyone out really just the use of the word "fanboy" and they have been flagged as reported..

seriously..

But anyways, Thank you Vaeflare for responding to me, was not expecting a response and was pleasantly surprised to get one from you.. greatly appreciated. :-D
Edited by Nec#1797 on 1/3/2013 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Perfect exmple of what I am pointing out look at posts #276 and #282 Nothing foul in either one, nothing calling anyone out really just the use of the word "fanboy" and they have been flagged as reported..
seriously..

So "fanboy" is not name calling ?
Edited by Squeal#1221 on 1/3/2013 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
People don't like opinions so it's reported... Many people in real life don't like other peoples opinions.. Ever worked in a office when So and So said something and someone said something behind someones back??

Same goes here..

Sadly It's NOT the NA Forums fault or the players Fault..

Look at Eu Forums, Diablofans forums plus other games as you want..

Dislike and opinion of Diablo is all over the place..

However It is silly we as a group can't come together to get bliz to fix the game..
Reply Quote

seriously..

I don't and never would consider it deragatory, heard it used for years over various games and basically just (to me anyways) refers to someone thats a hardcore (sometimes oblivious) fan.

I have never used it to describe anyone or "call out" anyone, would even go so far as to put it in a category of geek, nerd, or redneck.
Reply Quote

I don't and never would consider it deragatory, heard it used for years over various games and basically just (to me anyways) refers to someone thats a hardcore (sometimes oblivious) fan.

I have never used it to describe anyone or "call out" anyone, would even go so far as to put it in a category of geek, nerd, or redneck.

Some people take offense to it... Label is a label.. Labeling is bad...

We might be labeled as Necro lovers...
Reply Quote

true i guess.. my "Nec" comes from years in FF11 as "Necross", in D2 account and character names were "Necross", and before that years and years of pen and paper D&D where I first started usin the character name "Necross".

hit FF11 and using skype people shortened my name to Nec and it kinda stuck, even real life friends refer to me using it.

I have been asked over the years if it originated from the greek version, or if I was some weirdo into nec ro philia, and couple others..

lol I can't believe nec ro philia got censored.
Edited by Nec#1797 on 1/3/2013 6:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

true i guess.. my "Nec" comes from years in FF11 as "Necross", in D2 account and character names were "Necross", and before that years and years of pen and paper D&D where I first started usin the character name "Necross".

hit FF11 and using skype people shortened my name to Nec and it kinda stuck, even real life friends refer to me using it.

I have been asked over the years if it originated from the greek version, or if I was some weirdo into !@#$%^-*!ia, and couple others..

Mine comes from my Everquest Iksar Necromancer.. :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
It's not just the D3 community. It is the entire generation of "new" gamers. They're disrespectful, selfish, extremely immature and suffer from temper tantrums. It's sad, and it has caused me to stray from the gaming community quite a bit.

Rage less, enjoy more.
Edited by Perphection#1885 on 1/3/2013 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's not just the D3 community. It is the entire generation of "new" gamers. They're disrespectful, selfish, extremely immature and suffer from temper tantrums. It's sad, and it has caused me to stray from the gaming community quite a bit.

Rage less, enjoy more.

Didn't people demand refunds because they didn't like the way that Mass Effect 3 ended or something. Because of that, I think that the Mass Effect community, if there is one, is even worse than this one.

I agree, i think it is the new generation of gamers. I'm pretty sure that people are just as bad complaining about whatever the latest Call of Duty is out. Are the Madden and FIFA players all whiners now too? How widespread is this epidemic?
Reply Quote
Good game, bad community?
I would say:
Average game, disappointed community.
Reply Quote
I would say:

Didn't someone already posted this before? Credit the OP for that lol.
Reply Quote
I would say:

amazing game, dumb community
Reply Quote
I would say:

lol i just read the main post. This mean someone think alike to me.
Reply Quote

lol i just read the main post. This mean someone think alike to me.

Apparently, they do.
Reply Quote
When the community is so harsh it is so difficult for developers to work for you guys...

You just don't fill with optimism and fun to do something for you. In this way you insult people who works for Blizzard and people who enjoys the game.

Be nice, be fun and you would see nice changes instantly :)
Reply Quote
weird game, weirder community
Reply Quote
Good Game, Needs A lot of new stuff

(Gear, Gear drops, Classes, Skills/Runes, Quests, New part to storyline, and New areas to play in.)

Community | I've never worried about it.

Sure there are complainers and whiners about difficulty, but still the game is kinda boring lately.

I'm not mad or complaining about the grinding for gear at all, I'm just bored that this is all there is.

The same thing I've been playing, basically, since it's came out.

You can say and point out SOME new things, but there only a few big things like Monster Power and Paragon System, but that's about IT.

There really isn't any new solid material added yet at all.

I love playing lately, but I've been really itching to see something COMPLETELY new.

That itch hasn't been scratched since a few months after it launched.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]