Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

When the community is so harsh it is so difficult for developers to work for you guys...

You just don't fill with optimism and fun to do something for you. In this way you insult people who works for Blizzard and people who enjoys the game.

Be nice, be fun and you would see nice changes instantly :)

No you won't. Instantly I doubt that because it's 2013 and even this year blizzard has nothing new in store for diablo 3.

I Have been nice and easy to get along with, but all I have asked, just recently, is FOR SOMETHING NEW.

That's it.
Edited by Koitakunai#1985 on 1/4/2013 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
With all due respect. Grossing failure? DIII was a financial success, everyone knows this.
As for your expectations for the game.. You'll get over it, somehow.

Do you think it would have become such a success if the people had known how bad the game really is?
Reply Quote
Riding coattails on the series = profits.. On it's own I doubt it would have got 1/8 of that without bliz logo or diablo name on it...
Edited by Necx#1387 on 1/4/2013 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
A game 10 years in the making that turned out to be problably the biggest disappointment in gaming history, created all of the negativity that you're seeing here.

Blame Activision for their short sightedness and greed, not the community. People are right to be as pissed off as they are.
Really? If this game is the biggest disappointment is gaming history then why are you still here? Activision still pumps out a solid game packed full of on disk content and MP pass free every year. Hate Activision/blizzard all you want... but put that blind gamer hate aside for a second and you will see that they are one of the few companies left that put out solid games every year packed full of content that don't nickel and dime you to death.
Reply Quote
View profile
A game 10 years in the making that turned out to be problably the biggest disappointment in gaming history, created all of the negativity that you're seeing here.

Blame Activision for their short sightedness and greed, not the community. People are right to be as pissed off as they are.
Really? If this game is the biggest disappointment is gaming history then why are you still here? Activision still pumps out a solid game packed full of on disk content and MP pass free every year. Hate Activision/blizzard all you want... but put that blind gamer hate aside for a second and you will see that they are one of the few companies left that put out solid games every year packed full of content that don't nickel and dime you to death.

best and worst is equal in response
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Ender
With all due respect. Grossing failure? DIII was a financial success, everyone knows this.

I think you missed the irony in "highest grossing failure". Nevermind, you'll get it. Sooner or later (though evidence points at later).
Reply Quote
When the community is so harsh it is so difficult for developers to work for you guys...

You just don't fill with optimism and fun to do something for you. In this way you insult people who works for Blizzard and people who enjoys the game.

Be nice, be fun and you would see nice changes instantly :)

The community already made Diablo the highest grossing computer game in history.

Whatever criticisms thrown in at D3 is certainly well deserved. It is a disappointment that you see regularly in comic books and movie franchises often as a result of producers, directors, writers and developers misjudging the balance between legacy and commercial interests.

So just chill, the angst against D3 is not really unique as many people like to think it is.

But you will be surprised that you don't see the community lash back at Starcraft the same way they do in D3.

There is a difference between the developer-gamer and the developer-in-a-bubble.
Reply Quote
OP, if Diablo 3 is such an amazing game, then why didnt it get even close to any Game of The year awards? At gamespot, D3 didnt even make it to the top 16, and it didnt even receive Editors choise. The only award I can recall D3 getting is Dissapointment of the year at IGN awards.

Just face it, we expected the Game of the year, and ended up with an average game built around milking the playerbase of as much money as possible, so ofc we are angry and "whines" at these forums.

Please remember that is their own personal opinion. If they feel the game is amazing, then that is their choice.

We all have our opinions, and some of us won't change that opinion even when the masses state different. I myself personally enjoy this game. I do agree it has a lot of work left to go with it, and I look forward to fixes to glitches that I have noticed. I'm not holding my breath about when the fixes and changes are going to happen, but I personally feel that they will in time.

I personally continue to play due to my opinion of D3 and the franchise, I love playing it. I'll continue playing it. If I get bored of it, I'll put it aside for the time till I get the urge to play it again. I'm not scrapping it, ever. I still have my original D1 and D2 that I head back and play countless hours on, and D3 has joined those two in my collection.

The community I personally feel does need a lot of work as well. What I've stated about the community and negative responses can be read in my earlier posts of this thread.
Reply Quote
Blizzard took a !@#$ on d1 + d2, in creating D3. There should be a D4 and cain wakes up from a bad dream. I understand the game is improving slowly. Although I will admit truthfully, unlike the rest of you. My expectations have gone down, + I have lost interest in this game, over time solely because of the lack of content + co-op experience. I'm not leaving this post to hate on this game, since every d1 fan that has been insulted by this game is pretty much considered a "Hater " or Troll. Due to the faliure of this game. Anyways i'm not gonna stick around and bash on this game. But even I disagree w/ " a " monthly subscription that someone else posted, that would be the end of this game. Pvp sounds good though.
Edited by Crom#1836 on 1/4/2013 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Truth is that none of you are owed anything else other then what came with the game. Look back 10 years and it was rare that you got anything added past what was already on the disk... but these days everyone expects them to patch this, add this or change this. You should be happy that they are still updating and added anything for free. I payed 60 bucks and got more then enough hours out of this game to make up for that price along with free updates and added content. That is what is wrong with "gamers" these days you expect the freaking world of these people for nothing. You don't like Diablo 3? Then go play something else. You felt ripped off? Should have waited longer and did research on the game before buying it. Your fault not Blizzards. I played the hell out of D1&2 and I'm sorry but those games were far from perfect. I also love the people that have 1000000 hours put in and 6000000 elite kills... and still complain that they feel so ripped off because the end game sucks! Really? LMFAO at you.
Reply Quote
I don't disagree the D3 community is full of *@#hats.

However, just because you are disappointed, upset, angry, whatever other adjective that corresponds negatively to their D3 experience, doesn't make them a part of the bad portion of the community. It's those who can't help but to include insults in every post they make, rather than construe their opinion in a constructive manner. Be it from calling someone a "fanboy", saying someone is "wrong" (opinions are wrong?), trolling ($5, anyone?) or just some downright nasty comments. Those come from both D3 supporters and D3 haters alike.

Unfortunately, those people are all over the place on these forums and it's hard to not get drawn into their negativity.

That being said, I'm pretty sure it's a majority of people who agree this game is not nearly as good as it could and should have been. Six million people bought it and I highly doubt three million still play on a regular basis. I stuck it out as long as I could (up until October and I'm a highly patient person), but the flaws in this game are far too great to look past. It greatly effects the fun for me and a majority of the people who bought it. I really don't see a way to make this game fun for myself unless they do a total overhaul of a few aspects of the game, which is not going to happen.
Reply Quote
Truth is that none of you are owed anything else other then what came with the game. Look back 10 years and it was rare that you got anything added past what was already on the disk... but these days everyone expects them to patch this, add this or change this. You should be happy that they are still updating and added anything for free. I payed 60 bucks and got more then enough hours out of this game to make up for that price along with free updates and added content. That is what is wrong with "gamers" these days you expect the freaking world of these people for nothing. You don't like Diablo 3? Then go play something else. You felt ripped off? Should have waited longer and did research on the game before buying it. Your fault not Blizzards. I played the hell out of D1&2 and I'm sorry but those games were far from perfect. I also love the people that have 1000000 hours put in and 6000000 elite kills... and still complain that they feel so ripped off because the end game sucks! Really? LMFAO at you.

I believe since people spent countless hours over a decade playing D1 and D2, that D3 would provide the same quality of entertainment.

It did not, not even close.

I'm a highly patient and easily entertained person/gamer and this game lost my interest after five months. That's a huge disappointment. I was expecting to play D3 off and on for years to come, but as it stands, I will probably never touch this game again. The glaring flaws just ruin the experience for me.

As for research, I was in the first wave of beta invites and was on top of any D3 news for years. So clearly, research wasn't my issue.
Reply Quote

I believe since people spent countless hours over a decade playing D1 and D2, that D3 would provide the same quality of entertainment.

I'm a highly patient and easily entertained person/gamer and this game lost my interest after five months. That's a huge disappointment. I was expecting to play D3 off and on for years to come, but as it stands, I will probably never touch this game again. The glaring flaws just ruin the experience for me.

As for research, I was in the first wave of beta invites and was on top of any D3 news for years. So clearly, research wasn't my issue.
Here is the fix... go play something else and don't buy the next game. Follow the original D2 team and play Torchlight. My point is why do people still put 10000's of hours into a game that they hate sooooo much? I understand asking for changes and being civil but most gamers demand, insult and expect everything. You should be thankful that they are willing to try and make you people happy through free updates and added content.
Reply Quote
Blizzard cant win. I agree that this game may have been rushed out but so what? The game can be updated and patched.
People are entitled to their opinions but the problem comes with a lot of gamers being very unreasonable in their demands. A lot of gamers beleive they are right about everything they say and do not understand they are only opinions. What one person dislikes another may like it.
It baffles my mind that people will take such time to play a game they hate or troll a game they hate so much. Some people just hate for no reason than they want everything their way. I do work in a field that is basically customer service. The way people treat others sometimes as customers is just crazy. Some people just cannot understand that something may not be right about something yet thats just how it is. Your standards of perfection are completely unreasonable and unattainable. Unless you make a game just for yourself.
---
I do not disagree this game is not perfect. I dont even beleive its the best game ever. Its okay. Its good enough for me to waste some time and try to get some loot. Thats all I expected really. I didnt expect a game that would change my life or involve me so much that Id forget to go to work in the morning.
---
either way, folks, everything is better when you have a reasonable expectation. And just because someone says something will happen doesnt mean it will. PvP is something that might or might not be coming. Blizz says it will ... I personally dont care but whats the big deal. If you bought it up front... it was already known no PvP was released and Blizz offered people their money back... what really have they done so awful? Not met your unreasonable standards. I played D1 and D2... this game is better. Maybe I am not Goth enough to understand but to me its an RPG loot game... and thats what it is... Im happy.
Edited by Claimguy#1853 on 1/4/2013 10:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is a good game, and I've even thought of ideas coming from D2. What always got me excited when playing D2 was seeing "Diablo Walks the Earth". Would be even cooler, is if they were able to create events like that, just my thoughts.
Reply Quote

Here is the fix... go play something else and don't buy the next game. Follow the original D2 team and play Torchlight. My point is why do people still put 10000's of hours into a game that they hate sooooo much? I understand asking for changes and being civil but most gamers demand, insult and expect everything. You should be thankful that they are willing to try and make you people happy through free updates and added content.

I realized you were kind of right about this. Why am I still playing this? It's pure nostalgia for d2. I want this to be the sequel it just isn't. So I just bought TL2. Fingers crossed it will be the true successor I'm hoping for.
Reply Quote

I realized you were kind of right about this. Why am I still playing this? It's pure nostalgia for d2. I want this to be the sequel it just isn't. So I just bought TL2. Fingers crossed it will be the true successor I'm hoping for.

Sadly, it's not. Tl2 is ok, but for all the hype that people gave it (especially on these forums), it ended up being a letdown. for me, it was fun but I lost interest or the desire to play pretty damn quick.
Reply Quote
View profile
(In response to earlier posts about how we should be nice and show our gratitude...etc etc.)

The point is... the game isn't fabulous... it never was... and we all showed our appreciation for the Diablo franchise and Blizzard by paying them money... yes, that green stuff that people use to buy things in modern society.... this and this alone is why the game was a financial success, because based on what we know now... It would have sold maybe half if not less than what it did based on it's current interation. Stop bringing stupid analogies to bear... I know what I wanted from this game... and I've certainly gone out of my way to help it improve by suggestions and posting in these forums.

If you like the game as is... you really are short sighted... because those of us who understand Diablo as a game and what made it fun, are laughing our asses off at your stupidity... why you ask? Because you love something that is "Fools Gold"... not real Gold... now, Blizzard is trying like mad to turn Lead into gold in some kind of !@#$ed up alchemy... but the people know better and we know the difference. So stop pissing up our collective asses here and just fix the game.

And, for those of you on "their" side... just remember you aren't a bigger fan or more loyal than those of us "glory days" fans... you're just happy with much less and are fine with mediocrity...

I put this up earlier, but it was the last response on page 16.... so no one saw it.
Edited by TheOneRaven#1565 on 1/4/2013 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]