Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

The forums of a popular game is like watching the news.

There are both bad and good things to take in, but at the end of the day it's up to you whether you want to get involved in a negative topic.

The bottom line is that there are so many players posting various things so there are bound to be negative posts and a lot of them just as there are bound to be many positive threads.
Reply Quote
(In response to earlier posts about how we should be nice and show our gratitude...etc etc.)

The point is... the game isn't fabulous... it never was... and we all showed our appreciation for the Diablo franchise and Blizzard by paying them money... yes, that green stuff that people use to buy things in modern society.... this and this alone is why the game was a financial success, because based on what we know now... It would have sold maybe half if not less than what it did based on it's current interation. Stop bringing stupid analogies to bear... I know what I wanted from this game... and I've certainly gone out of my way to help it improve by suggestions and posting in these forums.

If you like the game as is... you really are short sighted... because those of us who understand Diablo as a game and what made it fun, are laughing our asses off at your stupidity... why you ask? Because you love something that is "Fools Gold"... not real Gold... now, Blizzard is trying like mad to turn Lead into gold in some kind of !@#$ed up alchemy... but the people know better and we know the difference. So stop pissing up our collective asses here and just fix the game.

And, for those of you on "their" side... just remember you aren't a bigger fan or more loyal than those of us "glory days" fans... you're just happy with much less and are fine with mediocrity...

I put this up earlier, but it was the last response on page 16.... so no one saw it.
If it let you down then go play something else! Why stick around these forums or play the game? I have been playing video games my whole life and I'm 27... lots of franchises from the past aren't as good as the older games... you know what I do? Stop playing it and I don't buy the next game in that franchise unless I read up on it. Loved the older Silent Hill games but guess what? They suck now so I don't freakin buy them unless it hits under 10 bucks. Same goes for this or any other game. You aren't entitled to anything outside of what was on the disk and most other companies wouldn't stick around and try to make you people happy by giving you free updates and added content. If this had a monthly fee then yes I would understand why people feel that they deserve more... but it doesn't. I'm not just defending Blizzard as this goes for any other game where I see people cryin on the sites and forums about how they are owed this and that lol Mass Effect 3's ending comes to mind.
Reply Quote

I realized you were kind of right about this. Why am I still playing this? It's pure nostalgia for d2. I want this to be the sequel it just isn't. So I just bought TL2. Fingers crossed it will be the true successor I'm hoping for.

Sadly, it's not. Tl2 is ok, but for all the hype that people gave it (especially on these forums), it ended up being a letdown. for me, it was fun but I lost interest or the desire to play pretty damn quick.
If torchlight 2 wasn't that good... then what makes you think that D3 would have been better with them still at Blizzard?
Reply Quote

Sadly, it's not. Tl2 is ok, but for all the hype that people gave it (especially on these forums), it ended up being a letdown. for me, it was fun but I lost interest or the desire to play pretty damn quick.
If torchlight 2 wasn't that good... then what makes you think that D3 would have been better with them still at Blizzard?

Well, I do not say it would have been better with them still at Blizzard. I actually do not have an opinion on it as a whole; I cannot say with certainty whether Diablo III would be for the better or worse with them there. Although I am sure many would say it would be better, but that be just a guess.
Reply Quote
Before reading just know this whole post is my opinion.

So everyday before I play Diablo I check Battle.net because I like to see what people are saying in the popular topics. The only downside is that every single day there is a at least one thread about how bad this game is, or where the flaws are. Now i can appreciate that some of the posts are well written, literate and informative. I.e, posts about what the overall community would like to see added to the game from a census of the community and trying to get the word to a CM and hopefully eventually to a developer. BUT then we have the threads of people raging and QQing about every other aspect of the game. I.e NERF RD TOO HARD!!!!!! Or THIS GAME IS SO BAD I WANT THIS AND THAT. It's such a depressant to see this when I still manage to have fun with the game, there is nothing more of a buzzkill than seeing people point out all the things that may not be perfect. I understand Blizzard still has a ways to go with the game and who knows, these next few patches could prove to really turn the game around; PvP, new design features etc. All i'm saying is that there are still people out there who enjoy the game and all the people who !@#$% and complain about everything are not accomplishing anything but making other people feel worse about the game.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about this topic.

Thank you.

You Sir, have spoken the absolute truth. But allow me to digress. People often forget how much time, effort, and excruciatingly hard work goes into making a game of this scope. Sleepless nights, feelings of worthlessness, lack of appetite and extreme anxiety are all part of the creative process. Most people would crack under these dire situations. And sadly, some do. I should know, I was one of them. But, whether it's music, film, TV or video games, you have to give up everything to be the best in what you want to do.

The point I'm trying to make is this: Jay Wilson, the Developers and everyone at Blizzard have worked extremely hard to get where they are. And their products speak for themselves. Every single product they've ever released to the has been critically acclaimed and innovative. Furthermore, they have never put out a public inferior product. Ever. Diablo III is not a failure. And I seriously doubt that anyone could possibly deny that.

So, c'mon people! Show a little respect for Blizzard, Jay Wilson and his entire crew by giving them a little praise on the forums here and there. Sometimes a little kindness goes a long way. And besides, you met Jay and his crew in Development Hell! How cool was that?!

In the future, we'll all get along. There won't be any trolls. We'll all be respectful, outgoing, friendly people who share class builds, gems and loot.

amicable. gregarious. esteem.
Edited by jclaxon#1552 on 1/7/2013 12:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We realize the forums aren’t always going to be overflowing with rainbow unicorns and fluffy teddy bears

Can find this in game .... O.o

Rediculous.
Reply Quote
OP i think you meant BAD GAME, GOOD COMMUNITY.
Reply Quote
You Sir, have spoken the absolute truth. But allow me to digress. People often forget how much time, effort, and excruciatingly hard work goes into making a game of this scope. Sleepless nights, feelings of worthlessness, lack of appetite and extreme anxiety are all part of the creative process. Most people would crack under these dire situations. And sadly, some do. I should know, I was one of them. But, whether it's music, film, TV or video games, you have to give up everything to be the best in what you want to do.

The point I'm trying to make is this: Jay Wilson, the Developers and everyone at Blizzard have worked extremely hard to get where they are. And their products speak for themselves. Every single product they've ever released to the has been critically acclaimed and innovative. Furthermore, they have never put out a public inferior product. Ever. Diablo III is not a failure. And I seriously doubt that anyone could possibly deny that.

So, c'mon people! Show a little respect for Blizzard, Jay Wilson and his entire crew by giving them a little praise on the forums here and there. Sometimes a little kindness goes a long way. And besides, you met Jay and his crew in Development Hell! How cool was that?!

In the future, we'll all get along. There won't be any trolls. We'll all be respectful, outgoing, friendly people who share class builds, gems and loot.

amicable. gregarious. esteem.

+1000 I was saying the same thing. Respect for Blizzard , Mr.Wilson all the dev team and the Cm`s. You are doing great job guys , keep up the good work . Thank you
Reply Quote
Yeh I agree. All the friendly players all left a long time ago and now its mainly just scum left. Was playing public game just then, and had the obligatory rusher (this time a WD and not a WW barb) ... so to keep pace with him I had to kill real fast... usually I like to see if the enemies are reflecting, but I didnt have time so I quickly went BAM BAM... 2 shots , dead. Then the rushing hero said "How does a lvl80 paragon die on mp0".... pffttttt i admit im a noob, and i have a poor DH build... but i play public for the fun ... not to get into petty arguments with lame rushers (which might i add even rush past elites sometimes)

the "non revivers" have well and truly taken over too... they see you die but they never revive, just walk straight past. Struggling to find the motivation to continue the grind... i mean its pretty obvious that i'll never find a "godly" item worth 100mil or more (hasnt happened in 800 hrs so why would it happen anytime soon)... and the community HAS gotten bad, REAL bad over the past few months...

p.s. if anyone is reading this can you please tell me just one good item needed to help survive reflect damage. Ive played for a long time but im still kind of noob :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]