Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

The best advice I can give you is this:

1. Learn to read past all of the unimportant chatter and complaining. There ARE some good threads out there from time to time, and there are some good discussions going. Just make sure to seek out the viable stuff, and try very hard to pass by on the non important.... and it does help to try to develop a thick skin (not saying you don't have one... but if the forums bother you quite a bit, it could be that's one of the issues...).

2. Ignore the forums altogether. This option I only suggest for if you find yourself unable to wade past the useless stuff and find yourself mired in the negativity that does seem to be prevalent on the forums.

So there you go... at least a few options to chew on.

You seem to have misunderstood my post, I acknowledged the fast that there are good posts and I love to read them as well as the fact that i love the forum section, it's great to see other peoples opinions and ideas but its just so stupid that people bother posting at all with such idiotic topics at times.

if you like the game you shouldn't let other peoples thoughts change your enjoyment. but i think you are being unfair also. these so called idiotic topics have had a great impact on the game. has the game improved to you from the launch? it was these QQ threads that made that change happen. if everyone just sat there an just accepted the game as it was they would never of made changes it.

try to remember the people qq are not here cuz they hate diablo. they are here because they love diablo an looked forward to this game for 10 yrs. this game has been a total failure so it has people upset. but those people are still here qq to try an hope the game still gets fixed. if these qq threads didn't get made pointing out the problems nothing would ever get fixed. there qq is a effort to make this game you enjoy better
Reply Quote
View profile
This section of the forums has negativity that is like a virus. The power of suggestion is really strong in people that are extremely impressionable and just trying to belong and fit in with everybody else.

Sheep. Hive mind. Monkey see monkey do. All that jazz. Playing the exact same way, with the exact same builds and items, as if it were the only way to play(at gunpoint), too.

How there's simply arguments on both sides, for and against what direction the game is headed and where it is now, just goes to show that it's all based on opinions and our own self entitlement.

If more players had an open mind about this game, and understood that the game is in attempts to redefine the genre and series, and take it into a new and different direction of its own... while trying to keep many familiar things, then it would be appreciated much more.

Personally, I don't want Diablo 3 to be just like Diablo 2. Want to know why? Because Diablo 2 is still here, and all of us can play it at any time. It isn't gone, it's still available. I don't want more of the same. This game is trying to go into a different direction and shape its own path, as it should. If it tried to be just like Diablo 2 but better, it would fail in some form or another, even just based on the idea of it being more of the same that was around 10 years prior.

It's just like how the student would never surpass the teacher, if all they wanted to do was be just like the teacher and not who they could be themselves.

Do you want to see reboots of the same movies and tv shows? Things that came out 20 years ago all of a sudden being thrown in your face in some brand new package, instead of taking the risk for something new? Do you want to see sequels for games that do the exact same !@#$ they did the last time or the year prior?(call of duty, etc.)

I'd wager that if this game was exactly like Diablo 2, people would still find reasons to complain, anyway.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 12/31/2012 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Ender
How credible is your opinion, again? I'll let you think about that.

how credible is yours? let's hear it if you can claim such a thing.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:51 PMPosted by drunkie
it was these QQ threads that made that change happen. if everyone just sat there an just accepted the game as it was they would never of made changes it.

I have to disagree on this. Even if everyone like this game, there will still be changes and expansion because well, it keep the revenue coming. QQ are QQ, they did it not to improve the game, they did it because they dislike some part of the game, they want D3 to be other game, etc. Or simply because so much people bashing blizzard and they want to be part of it, hordes are cool.
Reply Quote

game. has the game improved to you from the launch? it was these QQ threads that made that change happen. if everyone just sat there an just accepted the game as it was they would never of made changes it.

This is the worst misconception on these forums, even worse than not understanding probability. Your pure QQ "game is dead" threads didn't do jack squat for making the game better. What made it better were the people making constructive arguments about stuff that needed to be changed.

The pure QQ threads definitely had an impact too, but those made the game WORSE in some ways. Inferno going from brutally hard to laughably easy is one of those ways.
Reply Quote

Anyone with a clue would know, I told you to think about it.

oh ok so no credibilty at all np. we all knew it.

Kradisz and Ender - You both are like a couple of kids. Your argument has literally been reduced to two kids saying...
"nuh uh! You"
"no, YOU!"
"no no, YOU!"
"uh uhh YOU!"

Seriously guys how old are you?
Reply Quote

game. has the game improved to you from the launch? it was these QQ threads that made that change happen. if everyone just sat there an just accepted the game as it was they would never of made changes it.

This is the worst misconception on these forums, even worse than not understanding probability. Your pure QQ "game is dead" threads didn't do jack squat for making the game better. What made it better were the people making constructive arguments about stuff that needed to be changed.

The pure QQ threads definitely had an impact too, but those made the game WORSE in some ways. Inferno going from brutally hard to laughably easy is one of those ways.

problem here is people called any thread that didn't think d3 was perfect qq threads. that is kinda what i was pointing out that these threads wasn't just qq threads as they helped improve the game. most threads that are called qq threads really are not that. you have some troll threads but they are just failed attempts to be funny not really qq threads
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Zebulun
Seriously guys how old are you?

old enough to not call everyone's opinion that's against D3 unimportant or irrelevant like Ender here.

proof.
12/31/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Ender
Attempting to join the party? I wouldn't consider myself moronic.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 12/31/2012 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Are we in the same thread? I was referring to your opinions of me.
Your comprehension is the epitome of irrelevance.

^
more proof.
Reply Quote
there should be a complaints forum for all the whiners and haters. this gets really annoying for me too.
Reply Quote

problem here is people called any thread that didn't think d3 was perfect qq threads. that is kinda what i was pointing out that these threads wasn't just qq threads as they helped improve the game. most threads that are called qq threads really are not that. you have some troll threads but they are just failed attempts to be funny not really qq threads

I refer to QQ threads as the posts of people complaining about an aspect og the game as overall just fine but because they lack the skill/gear to overcome it, it is automatically bad and should be removed; Reflect damage, invulnerable minions, having inferno difficulty actually be difficult. etc.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:28 PMPosted by iwonsch
average game, dissapointed community
Reply Quote
Before reading just know this whole post is my opinion.

So everyday before I play Diablo I check Battle.net because I like to see what people are saying in the popular topics. The only downside is that every single day there is a at least one thread about how bad this game is, or where the flaws are. Now i can appreciate that some of the posts are well written, literate and informative. I.e, posts about what the overall community would like to see added to the game from a census of the community and trying to get the word to a CM and hopefully eventually to a developer. BUT then we have the threads of people raging and QQing about every other aspect of the game. I.e NERF RD TOO HARD!!!!!! Or THIS GAME IS SO BAD I WANT THIS AND THAT. It's such a depressant to see this when I still manage to have fun with the game, there is nothing more of a buzzkill than seeing people point out all the things that may not be perfect. I understand Blizzard still has a ways to go with the game and who knows, these next few patches could prove to really turn the game around; PvP, new design features etc. All i'm saying is that there are still people out there who enjoy the game and all the people who !@#$% and complain about everything are not accomplishing anything but making other people feel worse about the game.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about this topic.

Thank you.

Well put ,I farm and love doing so...
Reply Quote
I refer to QQ threads as the posts of people complaining about an aspect og the game as overall just fine but because they lack the skill/gear to overcome it, it is automatically bad and should be removed; Reflect damage, invulnerable minions, having inferno difficulty actually be difficult. etc.

Skill was never a requirement to beat your mentioned issues.

They were simply flawed implementations of difficulty that blizzard agreed needed to be addressed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]