Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

12/31/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Stryker
I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about this topic.

Much of the blame lies with Blizzard simply for not communicating well. Blue posts in the forums are limited to trivial threads like "What's your favorite game quote?" Save the occasional announcement of some big change (like the recent "no PvP yet" post) there is nothing from Blizzard about the gameplay itself. Certainly no conversations with players about what they don't like or want to see added.

The players feel ignored. After that, normal human behavior takes over and people complain louder and more frequently in the hopes that NOW Blizzard will stop ignoring them. So, lots of complaint threads. If Blizzard would display the common courtesy of acknowledging complaints it could go a long way towards reducing that nonsense.

Rude, disrespectful behavior always leads to more of the same. Learned that in preschool.
Reply Quote
i agree. great game, terrible community.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Necromantik

Much of the blame lies with Blizzard simply for not communicating well. Blue posts in the forums are limited to trivial threads like "What's your favorite game quote?" Save the occasional announcement of some big change (like the recent "no PvP yet" post) there is nothing from Blizzard about the gameplay itself. Certainly no conversations with players about what they don't like or want to see added.

The players feel ignored. After that, normal human behavior takes over and people complain louder and more frequently in the hopes that NOW Blizzard will stop ignoring them. So, lots of complaint threads. If Blizzard would display the common courtesy of acknowledging complaints it could go a long way towards reducing that nonsense.

Rude, disrespectful behavior always leads to more of the same. Learned that in preschool.

I definitely concur, if the CM's were more involved with this community giving us answers and updates than i believe the majority of cry threads would be silenced.
Reply Quote
Well, I agree, OP.

I hate pretty much everyone on this forum. I love how people make fun of WoW players on this portion of B.net like they are some kind of inferior race of human beings:

Lemme tell 'ya, not even the WoW community is this bad. It's miles better I'd say. The D3 forums are on the level of the Mos Eisely that is League and DotA.

A cesspool of vapid minds attached to whining mouths. At least it makes me feel better about myself.

The devs didn't ruin D3, these people on the forums who live in 2000 ruined it for themselves. Point blank. That goes for EVERYONE who was expecting the second coming of Christ with this game. "Most disappointing game of 2012"? Give me a break. Maybe if you hung on every word that Blizzard said about D3 for the last couple of years, put all your eggs in one basket, and went into the game thinking "IT BETTAH BE MAH WAY OR DA HIGHWAY OR IT SUCKS!"

Too bad even people like IGN did the same thing. Most disappointing? Laughable. More like "oops, we were stupid and got our hopes up and went into the game close minded and now we're disappointed game of 2012."

People are stupid!
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Necromantik

Pre-school huh? Did you also learn in pre-school that whining and complaining generally gets no where in big people world?

Probably not. Who am I kidding?

Don't even pretend like Blizzard threw some kind of "first punch" they released the game then immediately had to start pulling graveyard shifts in order to iron out all the bugs and issues that come with launching a project of this magnitude. That STILL wasn't good enough. It will NEVER be good enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if the CM's have been told "Look, that community is just too unreasonable. Interact with them as little as possible. In the meantime, work on this project on the side."

You honestly think the CM's just get paid to watch this forum and cater to the whiney little nerds on it? Give me a break. If they did, Blizzard would probably be sued for negligence because if that was MY job I'd be a pill popping, self mutilating psychopath in about 1 week due to how much abusive drivel I'd be dealing with.

So, again, what exactly did you learn in pre-school? Blizzard has never acted negatively towards US, they have done what you love, that is, "normal human behavior": to ignore the whiny animals in the other room and continue on with adult life. Adult life being developing the game more for said whiny animals. You couldn't pay me enough to work on this dev team. I feel sorry for them.

How Jay Wilson hasn't gone off the deep end I will never know.
Reply Quote

Happy New Years
Edited by CompleatWych#1423 on 12/31/2012 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
A lot of people are really weird in this forum.

"The game is awful". So you just spend a couple of hundred hours playing it.

"There is no customization". Yeah, d2 head a brilliant system: If you wanted to use a different spell, you would have to level the same class agian.
Reply Quote
I don't think community is the problem here....It seems like everyone except the die hard fans have rejected this game.

Just look at how many "Most disappointing game of the year" awards this game has won. When was the last time a Blizzard game was even nominated for this award?

Look, I know some people enjoy the game and that's great but at it's core this game has really failed at being a Diablo game and that's the biggest problem.
Reply Quote
View profile
Do you think the community will come back when we get an expansion?
Do you think a monthly subscription like wow would bring intelligent conversation?
Is the barb overpowered or everyone needs to be buffed?
Should we have an endless dungeon?
I say yes to all of these...lol
Edited by sonoranranch#1216 on 12/31/2012 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do you think the community will come back when we get an expansion?
Do you think a monthly subscription like wow would bring intelligent conversation?
Is the barb overpowered or everyone needs to be buffed?
Should we have an endless dungeon?
I say yes to all of these...lol

in respective order
- no
- kills the rest of remaining players off from the game
- yes to all of these means which one? barb overpowered or every1 to be buffed? or both? either way if both then game needs dto be redesigned.
- endless dungeon uh.. let's change this game into a me-too game right. We ought to just start a company make a new ARPG call it The Devil and copy and paste everythign cut out some more features make it black and white rather than this colorful type and sell it for 40$ and yeah that'll show 'im!
Reply Quote
A lot of people are really weird in this forum.

"The game is awful". So you just spend a couple of hundred hours playing it.

"There is no customization". Yeah, d2 head a brilliant system: If you wanted to use a different spell, you would have to level the same class agian.

+1
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:28 PMPosted by iwonsch
average game, dissapointed community

AH game, greedy community
Reply Quote
This is why 90% of my Diablo discussions take place on a forum that is generally game based. Not Diablo specific. Sucks sometimes, but with official forums.. It's a given :P

Although these forums give me a good laugh and cure the boredom when reading!
Reply Quote
we like the diablo franchise, so it annoys us how they have completely dumbed down and monetized up D3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]