Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

Before reading just know this whole post is my opinion.

So everyday before I play Diablo I check Battle.net because I like to see what people are saying in the popular topics. The only downside is that every single day there is a at least one thread about how bad this game is, or where the flaws are. Now i can appreciate that some of the posts are well written, literate and informative. I.e, posts about what the overall community would like to see added to the game from a census of the community and trying to get the word to a CM and hopefully eventually to a developer. BUT then we have the threads of people raging and QQing about every other aspect of the game. I.e NERF RD TOO HARD!!!!!! Or THIS GAME IS SO BAD I WANT THIS AND THAT. It's such a depressant to see this when I still manage to have fun with the game, there is nothing more of a buzzkill than seeing people point out all the things that may not be perfect. I understand Blizzard still has a ways to go with the game and who knows, these next few patches could prove to really turn the game around; PvP, new design features etc. All i'm saying is that there are still people out there who enjoy the game and all the people who !@#$% and complain about everything are not accomplishing anything but making other people feel worse about the game.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback about this topic.

Thank you.

of course, everyone on this site feels like blizzard owes them something.....

the true diablo community is on d2jsp....
Reply Quote
I myself personally enjoy this game as I have enjoyed its predecessors since D1 first came out. I also do skim the forums for the occasional read when I'm taking a break from the game and have seen a lot of negative postings about the game itself. I do agree that some negative posts are good positive feedback to the developers in ways that it can be improved and enhanced. I also agree that there are a lot of negative posts that in truth should be tossed into the trash cause all they are doing is spawning more negativity and feeding attention to those that are crying out for it due to their unhappiness.

No game is ever perfect, and there will always be some that will disapprove about aspects and features. With technology and life, their will always be bugs and drawbacks, even to improvements made to correct bugs and glitches, and to help satisfy people. Some people have to learn to adapt and work with it, its just the way how it goes.

For those that are screaming complete failure and disappointment, you don't need to continue playing nor coming back to the forums to make constant posts. For those that are doing that and looking for improvements, please come back and watch for the improvements, but you don't need to be screaming the same negative comments repeatedly.

Everyone has their own opinion, and how everyone feels about the game is their own personal opinion. Its good to voice your opinion in whatever aspect, but its also wise to be voicing it in positive means.

To the OP, I do agree that it is a good game but the forums are filled with a lot of negative postings by many. In truth, that is life in general for there will always be someone negative about something. For those that continue to enjoy the game and continue to post positive and/or helpful information and posts, lets continue to do so and just ignore the flamers.
Reply Quote
bad game, awesome community; these forums are funny
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Sylak
The people that try to manage this community do a terrible job too.

The community, the game devs, and everyone else involved in diablo 3 are in the same boat.

Some people are trying to do you a favor, don't be too quick to speak my friend, think first.
Reply Quote
I'm with the OP on this one. I still enjoy the game, have what I feel are crazy hours logged and feel it has tons of room for potential. I am eagerly awaiting new PvE content/expansions.

I work in IT and interact with Development from time to time. I think a large part of the community has no idea the amount of work that goes into a patch release, even a "small" one, and feel ignored by Blizz because change isn't coming fast enough. People, change has to be managed or things break in very unexpected ways. I understand why the community is frustrated, even when I don't agree. I'd just like to see them be a bit more patient and understanding with the people (who happen to work for what I think is an awful corporation) who are working to improve the game.

we waited 10 years.. almost 11 now. how much time do they need. They had it right with diablo 2.. no need for all this extra work for nothing.. They fix things that don't make a bit of difference. patients is for hours and minutes/ weeks/ months not decades. the game looks like it was made in a year. They didn't think things through. bad leadership

I thinks it's obvious now that with the new dev team, there was just a lack of vision or direction. 2+ years and they scraped Team Deathmatch. How does it take that long to figure out something isn't working right?

They didn't take pvp balance into account when making diablo 3, pvp was going to be a fun little add-on. Okay fair enough so why now is balance an issue for blizzard when their first intent wasn't to balance for pvp?

In my opinion, PVP has to be balanced in order for it to be fun and competitive. So from the get go they didn't even take pvp balance into account. Lack of foresight and just flip flopping around important parts of the game.

the game was rushed out, and i am sorry they don't deserve any credit for (as some would call it) "improving" (more like completing) the game. I wish i could do half my job and then get credit for finishing it 8 months later.
Reply Quote
+1

Of course different beings all together without any organization are a bad community!

I actually have often no fun playing, because either no one talks or just flames because i talk. no respect, and you can't find a community because there are no channels and custom games. For example organize runs? I want to find my-language-runs for mp2. how?? everyone get's stuck into the same !@#$in lfg-channel. and there exist thousands of them of the same name... lol?

It is actually not possible to find My-community.

Also dps-failures often destroy groups. because what you see at the dps is not your actual dps and by far not your value to a group...
Edited by ffFiend#2900 on 1/1/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
+1

Of course different beings all together without any organization are a bad community!

I actually have often no fun playing, because either no one talks or just flames because i talk. no respect, and you can't find a community because there are no channels and custom games. For example organize runs? I want to find my-language-runs for mp2. how?? everyone get's stuck into the same !@#$in lfg-channel. and there exist thousands of them of the same name... lol?

It is actually not possible to find My-community.

Also dps-failures often destroy groups. because what you see at the dps is not your actual dps and by far not your value to a group...

You should play more dude, you haven't seen anything until you hit level 60.

dps isn't of your concern, experience is what you need man.

Honestly, from re-reading your post, I'm not sure if I can help you ..... LOL?
Edited by Timception#6905 on 1/1/2013 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Timception
Some people are trying to do you a favor, don't be too quick to speak my friend, think first

Ya, by replying to posts about pets and random !@#$s leaving constructive posts without any attention like simple "noted" comments? I've read good posts in the past but these CMs opted to reply about "cats" or some stuff instead to boosts the community's morale. Doing a favor my a$$!
Edited by izztickie#6669 on 1/1/2013 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 11:37 AMPosted by izztickie
Some people are trying to do you a favor, don't be too quick to speak my friend, think first

Ya, by replying to posts about pets and random !@#$s leaving constructive posts without any attention like simple "noted" comments? I've read good posts in the past but these CMs opted to reply about "cats" or some stuff instead to boosts the community's morale. Doing a favor my a$$!

lawl.....
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
It started off as bad game, good community. The good in the community has bled out over time, so that even though many, many changes have been made to improve it, the damage has already been done. Those who did manage to hang around are typically so jaded that it's hard to get through a thread without spite.

The community isn't an entity that can make a rational decision, it is a generalised response to a set of conditions. The community is defined by the properties of the collective interest.
Reply Quote

lawl.....

I have to say.... I understand many of these posts...

clearly, we are an angry group of gamers.

hopefully, things will get better, not the game in particular because that's a tough one to crack. I mean life in general will get better. Cya later guys.
Edited by Timception#6905 on 1/1/2013 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
First, its no need to go into the name calling, especially referring to me as a moron. Second, just because no-one has responded to your posts it does not mean that they are not listening. Remember there are hundreds of people on these forums and all making posts. You are not the only one that is being listened to, and they honestly can not respond to every single one.

I don't skim the forums that much and I don't read every post nor every thread, I'm mostly playing the game itself or living outside the computer. I also pick and choose which topics and posts that I read.

We all personally know what fun is, what we ourselves consider fun. We don't need anyone else to tell us what is fun to us. We make that decision ourselves. For these companies that are making the games, including Blizzard with D3, they are trying to make a fun experience and run a business. It is our choice to decide if its fun for ourselves with what they have provided. I myself am having fun with the game. Its sad to see and hear that others are not, but that is their choice and it no way impacts my own personal opinion of the game and my experience with it.

Please remember, your voice is not the only one on these boards, and what you have stated may not be the only time that its been stated. It could have been stated by someone else, and/or even responded to already. Remember that the CM's are people too with real lives and there is only a small amount of them to go through the vast amounts of postings by the hundreds that occupy these forums.

Edit: My post was reply to one that was just deleted, but it still holds merit.
Edited by DarkScorpion#1181 on 1/1/2013 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
How do you have a bad community. That is like saying I'm sorry but the customer is wrong! lol People are disappointed for a reason, people are leaving the game everyday for a reason, and that reason is the game hasn't met expectations. It is actually going the opposite direction, especially with that recent post by Jay Wilson.
Reply Quote
It's an internet based community. Therefore, there will be those that complain all the time like a little kid in the store when they don't get the toy they want. Weather it is an MF buff an item buff or whatever buff/nerf they want. When someone does that it is because they are not satisfied with their "accomplishments" in the game. Once they reach a ceiling and cant break it due to not enough funds/brains/patience.

For a gamer that sets a high expectation for him(her)self it is important to not loose what the game is all about, whatever game it is. And the games are there for fun, for enjoyment. Those that are disappointed in D3 are at that point because they forgot how to enjoy the game and appreciate it. High expectations for their game lead them to disappointment not because the game is bad or flawed, but because they realize that once they hit their goal in the end it is just a game, and they forgot how to play it for fun, so they complain about the game as a whole.

There will always be those that know how to have fun with the game and advocate it and those that complain about it. There is no perfect community filled with sunshine and rainbows. This game will be pvp centered around the dedicated/hardcore players and pvp scene is always a ruthless, rude, competitive grinder. It will help people grow a thicker skin in the end, so it is a good thing in it's own way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]