Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

Or the chat atleast in eu. When i say WTS (item) 30m they start to whine and cry because of the price they cry and they rage typ that it's 600k worth or nothing and in the end i sold it for 26m. Hope blizzard will do somthing about it after the bots of Wow has been removed then D3 bots amd the chat.
Reply Quote
I have only had one real complaint from the start which is that drops are so bad that you have to buy everything from the AH. I have over 1000 hours and am still waiting for my first item that I can put on my character as they are all now purchased from the AH to get me by. Drops should be able to get you to the next area without a big investment in the AH. Blizzards answer to the problem was to dumb and water down the game so you don't need good gear to not die. Resistance, armor, and vitality is really not much needed any more as all you need is a big high dps stick. All the great attributes that eletes had don't even really hurt you any more. One of the best things about the Diablo series has been about planning a balanced character that can survive a really hard game. Real Diablo fans should have an area where fighting is again tough but the drop rewards are really worth it. That would put this game back on the map again like it should be. And monster power is not the answer as all it does is add hit points to everything. Monster elete battles need to be hard, tough, and fast and not slow and boring like monster power.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Stryker
The only downside is that every single day there is a at least one thread about how bad this game is, or where the flaws are

The fact that you see these on a daily basis should tell you something.

If they were few and far between, the opinions of it being a bad game can be truly subjective. The fact that the board is littered with these topics day in and day out, and over 90% of the posts basically state the same thing.. there is a really good chance that the game is bad and heavily flawed.

It's far more likely for a few individuals to be wrong, rather than millions... Something to think about.
Reply Quote
The moderation is terrible on these forums- people who continually troll and insult (on both sides) should be given a few chances and then permabanned. It's up to the mods to keep control of these forums and they're doing a horrible job. Of course you'd likely have to ban a ton of people at first but eventually the message would get through and we could start to have some civil, constructive debate about the game.
Reply Quote
My advice to OP, switch to HC and ignore general discussion forums then you have even better game and great community.
Reply Quote
It's been almost 8 months, and the haters still playing the game... that says so much more about them than all the crap they write on the forums! The people who really didn't like the game that much just went and did something else.

What so many of these people need to understand, is that although it looks so obvious and easy to them, there's SO much they don't know and understand. In sports, they're called the 'armchair quarterbacks'... never played serious football, but they know more than the professional coaches and players. I bet none of the haters have ever created or accomplished anything meaningful in their lives. At least not yet... and when they do, they'll see things differently. I've owned a business and am raising kids, and I can tell you know that what I thought I knew going into all that is totally different from what I know now. Humility. Seriously, you're free to make suggestions to Jay Wilson, but don't you dare tell somebody like that how to do their jobs, because you have no idea!

There are plenty of people playing Diablo 3 who're having a lot of success and fun. Notice that the losers always point fingers at somebody else? Try looking in the mirror. Work harder, work smarter, work more! Or just leave already, and play some other game... which I guarantee you'll suck at and hate as much as D3.
Reply Quote
It's been almost 8 months, and the haters still playing the game... that says so much more about them than all the crap they write on the forums! The people who really didn't like the game that much just went and did something else.

What so many of these people need to understand, is that although it looks so obvious and easy to them, there's SO much they don't know and understand. In sports, they're called the 'armchair quarterbacks'... never played serious football, but they know more than the professional coaches and players. I bet none of the haters have ever created or accomplished anything meaningful in their lives. At least not yet... and when they do, they'll see things differently. I've owned a business and am raising kids, and I can tell you know that what I thought I knew going into all that is totally different from what I know now. Humility. Seriously, you're free to make suggestions to Jay Wilson, but don't you dare tell somebody like that how to do their jobs, because you have no idea!

There are plenty of people playing Diablo 3 who're having a lot of success and fun. Notice that the losers always point fingers at somebody else? Try looking in the mirror. Work harder, work smarter, work more! Or just leave already, and play some other game... which I guarantee you'll suck at and hate as much as D3.

You shouldn't make such large assumptions.

Oh how dare I say that! D:<
also i doubt the game i'm playing you'll ever do any good at, with a 0.3 second dodge frame i doubt you could even handle that alone, you'd probably ragequit the moment you couldn't beat any bosses anymore because you'd fail at having the aptitude to be proficient at having "skills"
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/1/2013 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think you like feeding the trolls. Rather odd I do say.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Deadlysynz
The only downside is that every single day there is a at least one thread about how bad this game is, or where the flaws are

The fact that you see these on a daily basis should tell you something.

If they were few and far between, the opinions of it being a bad game can be truly subjective. The fact that the board is littered with these topics day in and day out, and over 90% of the posts basically state the same thing.. there is a really good chance that the game is bad and heavily flawed.

It's far more likely for a few individuals to be wrong, rather than millions... Something to think about.

I said the game was flawed, i'm just not being a child and accepting the flaws and playing the game for what it is. Every game has flaws but thousands of people still play them.
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 02:30 PMPosted by SpArTaNBeAsT
My advice to OP, switch to HC and ignore general discussion forums then you have even better game and great community.

I loved hardcore, except my level 52 monk died yesterday.. It'll be a while till i get the will power to try again.
Reply Quote
It's simple, the norm in D3 forms is 'hate D3, or you're a fanboy" created by the self-entitle trolls that lurk the forms on a daily basis looking for a sheep to convert, now their are people who truly care for this series and has provided many great suggestions that I agree on, but seeing those are rare these days when all you see in the community are a bunch of spoiled crybabies with the "I want this right now attitude," with no constructive criticism and disagreeing with them in the slightest way you will be judge and be labeled as a "fanboy".
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Stryker
raging and QQing

I would like to see examples of raging and qqing as defined by you. Prove me wrong that what you think is rage or qq is actually good criticism and I will be on your side. If not then you need your $5 so we can all move on.
Reply Quote
I started ignoring the community a while ago. Overall, it's the most hateful, biased, and rage-filled community I've ever seen. I understand the game was a flop compared to the expectations we all had for it, but why are people still raging this hard 7 months later if the game is that bad? Wouldn't those people have quit and moved on?

Well, they haven't. For all this game's flaws and despite the rotten taste it left in all of our mouths, we're still playing it, 800 hours, 24000 elite kills, and 7 months later.

What really disappoints me is how many people only want to rage, !@#$%, and criticize people that do anything constructive. I've seen countless helpful threads derailed by people that want nothing more than to vent.

On the bright side, the Starcraft II forums are better than ever and the community over there is at an all-time high, IMO.

Hopefully we will get a Diablo III expansion sometime in the next 2 years that will fix itemization, add meaningful PvP, fix underpowered skills, and just make this game the game we all expected it to be.

All the half-assed and passive aggressive complaints I just made about this game aside, I think that the thing I most appreciate about the game is the incredible devotion the developers had to perfecting the combat system, because this game plays better than any game I've ever played, for all of its other flaws.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]