Diablo® III

Good game, bad community.

I think a lot of people are getting upset because they have placed those civil threads and have not been heard. The CMs do a really good job of ignoring these threads and speaking on other topics that really have no bearing on the game. I have seen after 2 patches very positive trends in comments. Mainly because they released content (quality drops) and once they saw that the AH was becoming useless they backed it off. Blizzard patches busy work and that upsets the community because they would like to work towards something rather to be directed to quit complaining and go buy more items at the AH.
Reply Quote
D3 as a product is very mediocre when compared against the other quality games Blizzard has published.

The frustration and number of players quitting, comes down from having a very high expectation of the game, both from the success of the previous one and the hype Blizzard has placed into it (pre-launch).
Reply Quote
Agree with the op completely.
Reply Quote
I would say decent game, new community.

Game is decent at best, but has amazing potential.

The general consensus from d2 vets is that this game is terrible when compared to d2. Those who continue play are either in it for the profitability, or most likely are hoping for change (fingers crossed for the correct change)

Everyone else that plays is likely from a new community.
Reply Quote
Lame game, angry or fanboy community --> bad community.
Reply Quote
It's an internet based community. Therefore, there will be those that complain all the time like a little kid in the store when they don't get the toy they want. Weather it is an MF buff an item buff or whatever buff/nerf they want. When someone does that it is because they are not satisfied with their "accomplishments" in the game. Once they reach a ceiling and cant break it due to not enough funds/brains/patience.

For a gamer that sets a high expectation for him(her)self it is important to not loose what the game is all about, whatever game it is. And the games are there for fun, for enjoyment. Those that are disappointed in D3 are at that point because they forgot how to enjoy the game and appreciate it. High expectations for their game lead them to disappointment not because the game is bad or flawed, but because they realize that once they hit their goal in the end it is just a game, and they forgot how to play it for fun, so they complain about the game as a whole.

There will always be those that know how to have fun with the game and advocate it and those that complain about it. There is no perfect community filled with sunshine and rainbows. This game will be pvp centered around the dedicated/hardcore players and pvp scene is always a ruthless, rude, competitive grinder. It will help people grow a thicker skin in the end, so it is a good thing in it's own way.

sorry to go off topic, your starcraft achievements are mouth dropping! @NikFalcon
Edited by Timception#6905 on 1/1/2013 8:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
If this game was called 'Anything But Diablo' people would be going apepoop over it.
Reply Quote
I want my own chat channel or a better chat channel like diablo 2. no community cause farming is better on your own and you can have only 4 ppl. Maybe if we could do boss runs like diablo 2 and get good drops we would have a better community.
Reply Quote
Good god the amount of people who view this game with rose tinted glasses is staggering.Would someone care to explain where the "potential"in this game is.Character development is so bad it can't be fixed.They would need to introduce a whole new system of character development to save this train wreck.Leveling up is so lackluster and uninspiring it boggles the mind how the development team ever thought this was a good idea.And a lvl 60 cap is face palm material.

Runic did a far better job with build diversity.The Engineer is far more flexible than Diablo 3's list of shabby heroes.Stat points and skill trees allow for this to happen,not some tunnel vision approach where the community is treated as simpletons who can't grasp a rather familiar concept.

The community in my opinion deserved better than what we got.
Edited by Bluddflagg#6648 on 1/1/2013 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Prome
I started ignoring the community a while ago. Overall, it's the most hateful, biased, and rage-filled community I've ever seen. I understand the game was a flop compared to the expectations we all had for it, but why are people still raging this hard 7 months later if the game is that bad? Wouldn't those people have quit and moved o

Some of us are still waiting for the complete game that was advertised. I paid full price for a complete product and 8 months later i still don't have that. So yes some people are still upset. and they have every right to be upset.
Reply Quote
26 Gnome Rogue
01/01/2013 07:20 PMPosted by YouMIRINbrah
if ur wondering why i still play, if u must... i have hope that they will add more content thats why im playing right now.

LOL! Maybe in 2015 when the 40$ expansion hits...
Edited by Graysone on 1/1/2013 10:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
TL:DR

OP complains about complainers
Reply Quote
The forum community represents, in a microcosmic sense, the state of the game. If the game was more enjoyable, then there would be far less anger on the forums.

Bickering and epeen battles would still take place, (it is the internet afterall,) but the overall morale on the forums would be much brighter IF the game had a clear sense of direction and, equally, improvment. That being said, the resulting backlash is the outcome.

On one side, you have the die hard, ultra "fanboys" that are in complete denial of how bad things actually are. On the other, you have the ultra "hater" "crybabies" who wait for any kind of flaw to throw them into a frenzy. Then there's everything else inbetween.

Shortly after launch, there were MANY... I mean ALOT of "constructive criticism" threads that had logical, easy to understand, and easy to implement ideas that most could agree, would've been great additions. As time went on, it became clear to most that Blizz/dev's just didn't or could'nt care less... which resulted in player drop offs and subsequently, fiery vengeance on the forums.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 01:40 AMPosted by YouMIRINbrah
i blame blizzard for helping these complainers, OMFG NERF INFERNO TOO HARD, i remember when it was a challenge just to complete inferno now i can just play it with 1 hand. I mean blizzard you improved the items and nerfed the game too hard that the game is dependent on items. What happened to kiting, now everyone is just standing there tanking a sht load of damage all because of the oped items and the nerfing of the game difficulty. so ye i blame blizzard for letting their game get fked by the QQers within the community.

So I guess you can run MP10 no problem right?

Yeah they nerfed Inferno... and then just added 10 MP levels, so I'm missing your point.

'I mean blizzard you improved the items and nerfed the game too hard that the game is dependent on items.'

Items have NOT improved... this game was ALWAYS dependent on gear...
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 01:40 AMPosted by YouMIRINbrah
i blame blizzard for helping these complainers, OMFG NERF INFERNO TOO HARD, i remember when it was a challenge just to complete inferno now i can just play it with 1 hand. I mean blizzard you improved the items and nerfed the game too hard that the game is dependent on items. What happened to kiting, now everyone is just standing there tanking a sht load of damage all because of the oped items and the nerfing of the game difficulty. so ye i blame blizzard for letting their game get fked by the QQers within the community.

improved what items exactly, if you're speaking of legendaries that wasn't an improvement that was a correction to it's intended purpose. sheesh. blues & yellows > oranges by a MILE anyone? remember that?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/2/2013 2:13 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]