Diablo® III

Full System crash w/pixeled screen

Of late, after patch (1.0.6a), I am experiencing full system crashes requiring me to hard restart my computer; this happen once or twice a gaming session <2 hours. I do not have any repro for theses crashes. A crash can happen as soon as the game is loaded or during play. During play crashes have happened with different classes in varies game environments in both sp and mp game types.

What happens when the game crashes?
Both of my monitors become pixeled. My computer is no longer responsive, no input is read from mouse or keyboard.

On Startup crash
---------------
REPRO
1. Load the game (I do not have a repro for this)

Before the game reaches the battlenet logon the crash occurs; this kind of crash is infrequent (only happened three times so far)

Crash during gameplay
---------------
NO REPRO

As stated early this crash has happen with different classes (Wizard, witch doctor and monk). These crashes happen during regular play in both solo (sp) and multiple player (mp) gaming sessions. The crashes happen in different areas (acts) and even during a inferno machine boss fight. This crash as resulted in 2 hardcore character deaths.

Note: I have not sent in a crash before and an automate report in not possible do to a full system crash

Note2: In case it matters, I am a professional video game designer and thus can work with a QA represent more closely if needed.

Attempted solutions
- I have the latest drivers for my video card
- I have rebooted several times after a crash with no improvement
- I have uninstall and reinstalled Diablo 3 with no improvement
- This crash as not happen on my secondary computer (my work place computer), which is a iMac running Windows.

The following is my system specs
---------------------------------------------
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.120824-0336)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: G31M-ES2L
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 2831MB used, 5553MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 280
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2796 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver Version: 9.18.0013.0697 (English)
Reply Quote
UPDATE (2 new notes)

On 1/3/2013 new video drivers were available and after installing there as been no change in the D3 crashing. Furthermore, the game now (it did before the driver update) crashes consistently the first time I load it. In other words to play the game, I assume it will crash after pressing the play button, but before the battlenet logon appears. After my computer recovers from a hard reboot, the game will load after that, until it crashes during gameplay.
Reply Quote
I think the problem might be with your firewall, corrupted diablo 3 files, or with the battlenet cache folders. Disabling firewall, using repair on launcher, deleting cache folders, or reinstalling diablo 3 might fix it. Try the list below to narrow down your problem, so others can help you if you cannot fix your problem.

The list below will fix most installing, patching update, game loading, login, or crashing errors:

1) Disable or turn off your firewall, sometimes even if disable the firewall still works and need to be uninstalled. (Do not uninstall firewall/antivirus yet)

2) Run the repair tool on the launcher, see if it fix your problem.

3) Go into internet explorer, go tools, internet options, lan settings, check automatically detect settings and uncheck use automatic config scrip/use a proxy server. If above does not work, go advanced in tool options, reset internet explorer settings, sometimes spyware change your settings.

4) Go microsoft website and update your windows and internet explorer, found out battlenet update use internet explorer for patch download.

5) For Streaming Failure error, Go C:\Program Files\Diablo III or similar one in your windows, delete Diablo III.mfil (when you run launcher they reinstall these and make a backup copy in case)

6) Deleting Battle.net Cache folders: Go C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data or similar one in your windows, delete battlenet and blizzard entertainment folder (when you run launcher they reinstall these and make a backup copy in case) If you cannot see this Application Data folder, go C:\Documents and Settings, go tools, folder options, view, check view hidden files and folders. For Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\ is the same as Application Data for windows xp.

7) Go Start menu, run, type in msconfig for windows xp or similar one in windows 7/8, go general, set selective startup, disable all items in start up. Go services, hide all microsoft services, disable all others (remember your settings here change back to it later) Restart your windows. Try install diablo 3 or patch up date with launcher again, and try repair tool in launcher.

8) If none of the above works, uninstall your firewall and antivirus. Restart computer, try install diablo 3, patch update, repair tool, and load the game.

9) Uninstall diablo 3 and reinstall diablo 3 trying everything listed above.

Source for more info with forum links:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4904620655
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926594436
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Your copy paste is for patching issues, not disconnection issues and throwing it out there as a blanket solution is not helpful. Try reading the actual problem the OP has and what he has done first. If you still want to help..then post something relevant.

1. Not applicable to his issue
2. He already re-installed so need to repair
3. Not relevant to his issue
4. He already updated the PC and drivers
5. Not relevant to his issue
6. Cache data deletion is needed for update issues, not disconnects
7. Selective start up might be useful. Why is it that after a reboot it works but not before hand? This could rule out other programs running in the background and causing issues.
8. Not for this issue
9. He already did it.

Would it have been so hard to narrow it down to the ONE relevant option based off what the OP already said?
Reply Quote
This is most likely hardware related.

1) Post your d3debug.txt (\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\D3Debug.txt -remove email from it)

2) Check event viewer after a crash and post any reports that are warning/error/critical.

3) Try another game for an hour or run a game benchmark and see if it crashes.
Reply Quote
Your copy paste is for patching issues, not disconnection issues and throwing it out there as a blanket solution is not helpful. Try reading the actual problem the OP has and what he has done first. If you still want to help..then post something relevant.

I do not think you understand how this works, reinstalling the diablo 3 and deleting battlenet cache folders will fix most errors. Going down step by step will narrow down his problem and see what is causing the crash unless you want him to waste several hours to reformat harddrive and install things again. He did half of the steps in the list already, now he can follow a format to see what he missed and do it in order. After he does all the steps, he can post feedback, so others can figure out how to fix his problem if the list does not work.

(This is most likely hardware related.)
I do not think it is the hardware since he was playing the game fine before the patch without crash. His issue is most likely caused by a corrupted diablo 3 files if not video card, direct x, etc.

1. Not applicable to his issue
Disable firewall when running game or uninstalling the firewall, if a firewall allow/block request come out sometimes diablo 3 can crash, then you can cross out this as a problem.
2. He already re-installed so need to repair
He can try this but he did not say he deleted the battlenet cache folders when he uninstalled.
3. Not relevant to his issue
He will need to change his ie settings to get windows update if it does not work and for patching when he reinstall the game.
4. He already updated the PC and drivers
He can cross out this problem then.
5. Not relevant to his issue
This is mainly for the streaming error that might come out when he hit play on his launcher and he gets stuck.
6. Cache data deletion is needed for update issues, not disconnects
Your wrong about this, you need to delete the application data folders when you uninstall then reinstall.
7. Selective start up might be useful. Why is it that after a reboot it works but not before hand? This could rule out other programs running in the background and causing issues.
This one probably most useful to cross out and see what programs might be causing crash.
8. Not for this issue
With selective start up and firewall uninstalled, he can see if his diablo 3 is still crashing, if it does now you uninstall diablo 3 and delete battlenet cache folders, then install diablo 3 again.
9. He already did it.
But he did not delete battlenet cache folders be4 reinstalling. I try not to ask people to reinstall diablo 3 right away since reinstalling and then patching update take several hours.

Would it have been so hard to narrow it down to the ONE relevant option based off what the OP already said?
He said he reinstalled diablo 3 already, but he still crashed, so he needs to use the steps above to try again to see if still error.

Did he try creating a new admin account --> restarting --> Installing D3 with the new account and see if he still crash?

Are you running the Installation/Patching with

Run as administrator

Make sure you are logged on an administrator account on your computer when installing or patching the game. If the game is not installed using an administrator account, computer permissions can prevent the installation or patch from completing.

Note: We cannot support the game on a non-administrator account.

When running the installer or patch, we recommend opening using the ‘Run as administrator’ feature.
Right-Click the Diablo III Installer or Diablo III Launcher icon and select “Run as Administrator”.

(maybe i need to add this new admin user and run admin in my copy and paste)
Edited by Laine#1880 on 1/6/2013 12:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]