Diablo® III

Game Direction: my two cents

Hello everybody.

I would like to express my opinion regarding the PvP Update. I've been a big fan all the Blizzard titles realized til now, but I need to say that I am very disappointed about the whole management of the actual state of Diablo 3.

What I mean is that the game has a great, awesome potential. All I see is that in the phase of direction and development you there are "afraid" to add something at the game, and here we go: the scrolls go away in beta, legendaries get revolting, the third artisan is now just a walk on in the main quest, the other two artisans are made almost totally useless, runes, that would have been a great thing to find and improve our abilities, are now gone, maybe forever. But we got the AH, oh joy!

And all this is just about the beta version.

After this, we got an Inferno difficulty completely unbalanced and frustrating, that required a sequence of fixes, which made me wonder why you maybe didn't test what would have been the endgame. But this is an old story, and what i mean is: maybe you could acknowledge you could have been wrong in some choices, and learn from them.

We've seen various patches that fixed errors in primis, and then added something to fight the boredom the whole community was starting to feel. I appreciated many of your efforts, I went on playing, I go on and will go on playing with my friends because in the end the game is now relaxing and I enjoy to talk and joke with my friends over voice chat apart the game, but...

But... What I read in the PvP update last december 28th let me really disappointed. I need to say, I'm not the PvP kind of player. Not at all. Nontheless, though... I mean, I feel like you don't know how to deal with the needs of players, and like you aren't learning anything from your failures. Because let's be honest, we all are humans, and all of us can fail. Even you, and not only in my opinion, you failed in more than one of the features starting Diablo 3. The whole community is waiting for something, and we want to know and see your ideas, we have been for a month (since Jay Wilson announced the PvP Update) til the end of December waiting to know something encouraging us to go further in our farming, knowing that you're determined to do something and you actually know what to do. All we got, at my eyes is "we developed something that was pretty good but our testers said it was boring if you play it 24/7, so we're taking time and time again". That wasn't what we expected after a month of waiting. We wanted to know something concrete about it, not that you've now to redesign all the whole system after we saw the first PvP fight at least 3 years and a half ago.

Let me be a little more explicit: we've past a month and a half, maybe, in the months of July and August, wondering what would you have done, why you weren't answering to ANY of our questions, and what were your ideas about how to change the game. You did a good job with 1.0.4 in my opinion, but it was just a little patch in a big breach, and the game needs more features. What I see now is that no one opinion, no one idea, nothing is leaking from your juicy table. And this is a bad, bad thing for us players. We want to know something. We want to know what is the future of the game.

I really enjoyed the idea of a PTR for patch 1.0.5, I downloaded it and tried it a bit, but, like me, many of the players did. Now... Why don't you try and make a PTR about PvP? I mean, there are a million of developable features, which you could do listening not only to the close beta testers, but the whole community. We saw PvP, we know your development is not just in the start, and we would like to help you. Really. We love this game. So, what I would love to ask you, Blizzard, is: why you don't? Don't you think we could help you with this? Players are the end of the whole chain and who best than players could say what is the best for them? So, let us be part of it. Please.

I defended this game, seeing its potential since last june, when the first discontents were cropping out, but at this time I can say I would have expected more from you, and with this i mean both development and game direction.

To the date of May 14th, 2012, I would have bought any Blizzard game without even think about it. Today, I definitely would. I wanted a game of a better quality, and all I've got til now is a game with an awesome potential, for which I thank you, but no more.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt to write my feelings about it.
Reply Quote
Let me add a little suggestion, if I can.

I am following the development of the game since 2011, and was craving for a beta key, which I didn't get, but it was okay since I kept reading about the beta state.

I don't like to read "we added this feature but we don't feel it was adding anything to the game".
ALL you add, adds something to the game. Players don't like just riding up and down the layers and beat monster over monsters. Maybe some of them do, but not all of them. Many of them would have loved finding scrolls, dealing with the Mystic, playing in sterile PvP Arenas, even, waiting for you to add something which was adding MORE to the game. Nothing is nothing, so don't be afraid to add something to the game. Again, please :)
Reply Quote
Good idea, imo.
Reply Quote
the direction is......

into the ground
Reply Quote
The worst thing, is no one single true sorry for the delay.

I totally agree with Marvin985
Reply Quote
But... What I read in the PvP update last december 28th let me really disappointed. I need to say, I'm not the PvP kind of player. Not at all. Nontheless, though... I mean, I feel like you don't know how to deal with the needs of players, and like you aren't learning anything from your failures. Because let's be honest, we all are humans, and all of us can fail. Even you, and not only in my opinion, you failed in more than one of the features starting Diablo 3. The whole community is waiting for something, and we want to know and see your ideas, we have been for a month (since Jay Wilson announced the PvP Update) til the end of December waiting to know something encouraging us to go further in our farming, knowing that you're determined to do something and you actually know what to do. All we got, at my eyes is "we developed something that was pretty good but our testers said it was boring if you play it 24/7, so we're taking time and time again". That wasn't what we expected after a month of waiting. We wanted to know something concrete about it, not that you've now to redesign all the whole system after we saw the first PvP fight at least 3 years and a half ago.

Let me be a little more explicit: we've past a month and a half, maybe, in the months of July and August, wondering what would you have done, why you weren't answering to ANY of our questions, and what were your ideas about how to change the game. You did a good job with 1.0.4 in my opinion, but it was just a little patch in a big breach, and the game needs more features. What I see now is that no one opinion, no one idea, nothing is leaking from your juicy table. And this is a bad, bad thing for us players. We want to know something. We want to know what is the future of the game.

I see the blog as this, Blizz cannot win with some players for trying. Here Jay tells us why he and his team feel that the team deathmatch is not gonna be fun for many hours. He says that it will only be fun for a little while. If they released it and it prove to be true. Then players would complain about another feature that they feel was useless and say we are still beta testing this game.

I am glad that the devs, mainly Jay had the balls to come out and tells us why the team deathmatch was scrapped, maybe not forever.

Also you no doubt know that Blizz has to stay hush, hush on what they are working on. If they talk about everything before they know for sure what will be in a patch or expansion. The when the patch hits and that feature is not there or changes drastically. Then the players will say that is another failure, a promise that was broken.

I do not blame them for wanting to be certain about what they are telling us. Only telling us things that they are thinking about, might be nice and give us some info. But it carries the danger above as I mentioned.
Reply Quote
They already broke alot of promises about d3 - features that were scrapped.
Reply Quote
my point is this:

Lets see Diablo 3 like a house to build. We've got a great, potentially breathtaking basement. All I see since last year is that the architect takes every single brick, looks at it and says:

"well this is a pretty much good brick, but doesn't add that much to the house"

and throws it away. So, 4 years after we saw the project, and 2 years after the basement was dug, we've got a nice pile of bricks thrown away, and a void basement.

What am I saying is that every single little tiny content could add something to the game, and every one of those little features, even if they're sterile, would make a game that is right now pretty empty full and worth to spend days after it. And who is saying it is an addicted of the game. We can have better, development can do better, we are not getting better. And I feel bad for it. And the dev team should feel bad for it.

This is exactly my point.

01/04/2013 07:14 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
I am glad that the devs, mainly Jay had the balls to come out and tells us why the team deathmatch was scrapped, maybe not forever.

Jay didn't have the balls to say anything, because if he wanted to write an update like the one we got on December 28th, he could have written it at the end of November, and wouldn't have waited a month to do it. Lets be honest people... I feel like there's a certain degree of insecurity in the whole management of the Diablo 3 thing. I know that the guys there in CA are worthy ones and capable to do great things, just I want to tell'em... Be determined in what you do, because even if I am far, I can smell insecurity in it, definitely. We appreciate EVERY thing you do, as long it is adding something to D3, so don't beat around the bush, and do something.

We are craving for contents!! :)
Reply Quote
Let me be more explicit:

not all the gamers out here are craving for PvP, many of them are doing, and we want it to be a great, great experience. I agree with the dev team telling us that it must be a great thing, but... I mean, as I read in the PvP update, Jay said that the team deathmatch was "good but boring after a few hours". That sounded to me like "this ice cream is great but if you eat some pounds of it you'll get nauseated." It's a perfectly normal thing, to be bored after some hours playing, I mean as long as you're not a drone. Games get boring after some time you play them, there's nothing you can do about it. So, when you're bored to play, turn off the computer and get a walk, and the will to play again. It will come back, it's sure.

So I can't get the reason for which it was scrapped right now, because many players would have enjoyed both the chance to fight in a 1vs1 duel in 1.0.7, and in a team deathmatch, even if it was an end to itself right now. It would have been okay, actually, it would have been awesome, for now to have both the PvP modes to play, scrapping maybe the extra content, which means ladder, PvP equipment, PvP prices and tokens for whatever they would have been used for the next patch. We love to see new things, we love to do different things in the game, and I expected the one I just showed you the way it would have been.

It has not, the thing stinks for me, and that's why I decided to write to you.

I hope someone there in CA answers me and tells us something about what do they think about the topic. I don't mean to be right, I would love to be contradicted. I love the game, I am appreciating much of the dev team work, but there's something I am not liking and as a customer I think it's a good thing to talk about it.
Edited by Marvin985#1739 on 1/4/2013 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
I agree with the post by marvin, I am a player blizzard recently. Although I keep the good name that characterizes the soul of this game, in the meantime many of my friends migrate from titles such as Wow to play something else. The player tries innovation, entertainment and awareness of being in a game that is worth to be played for long hours.
I am at paragon level 91 and now I do not know how to break the usual monotony to be able to move forward with a minimum of fun. It 'necessary to improve this experience, rather than the pvp, as an optional mode can never, ever get tired.
I talk with a quote from the great success: "from great power comes great responsibility" Long years of work experience in the field and seriousness of which you have given us to expect so much from you.
Please try to maintain this beautiful this game what it is: A wonder!

ps. I apologize for the English but it is not my mother tongue: P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]