Diablo® III

DH- confused on gearing follower

So when playing solo, i've really been solo. lol..

What i was wondering, what follower is best, and how should i gear them?

- for magic/gold find?

and if i dont gear myself for it, is it worth it or should i just gear them for dmg?
Reply Quote
Gear them for crowd control and survivability; unless you need the extra MF/GF. Their damage is nerfed down to 20% by default, I think; so not really a good idea to gear for DPS.

So far, I've found a Windforce or Buriza Scoundrel to be pretty effective at crowd control. An Azurewrath or Maximus Enchantress would be a different alternative.
Reply Quote
My Scroudel.
I gave him

Windforce + 49.2% knock back.
stone of jordan w/ cold damage which gives 30% slow movement.
Star of Azkaranth 4.8% knock back.

he's combo will make you almost untouchable during AFK mp 0-3.

Scroundel and I are the wind-force crew.
Edited by FrozenArrow#1722 on 1/4/2013 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 11:16 PMPosted by LethalHawk
Their damage is nerfed down to 20% by default, I think; so not really a good idea to gear for DPS.

Not if you need magic find and crowd control first, but high dps followers are great for picking off stragglers and killing !@#$ not in your immediate range.

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten my Scoundrel to 25k dps before quitting, and I have heard of players who had theirs over 30-35k, which is like having another player with you.
Reply Quote
Not if you need magic find and crowd control first, but high dps followers are great for picking off stragglers and killing !@#$ not in your immediate range.

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten my Scoundrel to 25k dps before quitting, and I have heard of players who had theirs over 30-35k, which is like having another player with you.

Lol, are you dense or something, his first line that you cut off to quote says to gear with MF or CC.

25k-35k dps is worthless in the higher MP levels. Don't waste a ton of $ gearing them with dps unless you're rich.
Edited by HellCrow#1787 on 1/4/2013 12:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 12:55 PMPosted by HellCrow
Lol, are you dense or something, his first line that you cut off to quote says to gear with MF or CC.

You have no reason to even be responding to me about high MPs and how to play them. I have way more hours and mp levels played than you do.

Secundo, I wasn't addressing his first line, now was I? Your reading comprehension is just awful, simply awful.

Because your reading comprehension is so terrible, I will spell out the nuances for you: I was agreeing with him about gearing for magic find; however, I was later expanding on what he said about gearing followers for dps.
Reply Quote
with Buriza-Do Kyanon build for Scroudel, very nice for crowd control.
add ias and vit plus loh/lg item, I solo mp10 nicely for mf/kf.
Reply Quote
I use a Templar with crowd control skills and high vit shield, rings, ammy, and relic. I use a crappy Azurewrath as his weapon. The Azurewrath lets him push undead away from him, and it gives him 7.9% chance to freeze on hit at 1.73 attack speed. I cannot remember all his exact specs but he is at about 57k hp and I have never had him die on me. Although most of the time he is useless as are all followers, he can pull through and take the argo of mobs when I need him too. On my Monk I use a scoundrel with high dex/crit rings and ammy with a utility token and a crappy Manticore. He does near 10k dmg (x3) and crits fairly often, I also use a hellfire ring on all my followers because those random fireballs help a lot.
Reply Quote
DPS is useful for followers when leveling up at low levels 2 lvl 60 the DPS is almost irrelevant. I play my WD mostly and use an azurewrath and IAS jewelry for my enchantress and she is doing >2aps, for the scoundrel the same using a Buriza.

Freezing especially elites is useful to allow me to do the damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]