Diablo® III

MH EF + Cold SOJ vs OH EH

Just wondering how well a main hand Echoing Fury works when paired with a cold SOJ.
Reply Quote
100% depends on the content you are playing. If you arent gibbing elites in under 10secs, you need a cold soj. If you are playing MP lvl higher than your dps dictates you need a cold soj.
Reply Quote
scoundrel with buriza works way better than a cold soj
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 04:12 PMPosted by JHarv

+1

everything gets slowed/frozen before you even touch it when you have multi shot + buriza
Edited by Aracknid#1574 on 1/3/2013 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would personally never use an EF as mh. cold soj is useful regardless of how fast youre killing elites - 30% dmg is unbeatable even vs the perfect rolled hellfire or trifecta assuming your dps is > 100k.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Aracknid

+1

everything gets slowed/frozen before you even touch it when you have multi shot + buriza

yep, the slow is ridiculous and the freeze is a huge plus. its like having a pocket wizard who uses frost nova every now and again. i cant believe i was using the enchantress for as long as i was. and i like the scoundrel's quirky humor. he keeps me entertained.
Reply Quote
EF MH with dagger OH and Cold SoJ is perfect for WW. It's easy to hit the 2.86 breakpoint while in WotB, which makes for insane fury gen and DPS.
Reply Quote
Why does my character screen show 1.80 aps when I have a 1.45 EF MH and 1.50 Dagger OH? When I have the Butcher's Sickle MH and the EF OH I get 1.96. Does the EF +aps work differently in the OH?
Reply Quote
Cold soj + OH EF.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 04:24 PMPosted by VeePow
EF MH with dagger OH and Cold SoJ is perfect for WW. It's easy to hit the 2.86 breakpoint while in WotB, which makes for insane fury gen and DPS.

Your main hand is going to be lower, so your RLTW will be switching between the 2, and you have to be very careful to start WW to get the 2.86.

Also, if you are only going to barely hit 2.86 with your OH, your MH likely will not even breaking 2.51.
Reply Quote
I used a MH Echoing Fury for a while (2 different ones actually, one 13.5% fear on hit, one 10.3%). If you're just doing MP0 alkaizer runs or something I wouldn't bother with an SOJ. Higher MP stuff, I'd use one. The only time the fear got annoying was when I was key farming on higher MPs, because the elites would actually last long enough to get feared a lot, and it would slow me down quite a bit trying to chase elite packs. On MP0 you kill them so fast that even if they do get feared you only have to chase them down once.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Rognar

Your main hand is going to be lower, so your RLTW will be switching between the 2, and you have to be very careful to start WW to get the 2.86.

Also, if you are only going to barely hit 2.86 with your OH, your MH likely will not even breaking 2.51.

My setup with SoJ is exactly 2.86 APS on OH with WotB. My MH is 2.25 or something, which is also right on the line of the higher breakpoint. 2.25 is fine for fury gen but 2.86 does ludicrous damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]