Diablo® III

D3 revised Battlenet Screenshots! Must See!

(Locked)

View profile
I love the atmosphere of the little characters at the bottom of chat and would love to see my friends in the chat channel "WITHOUT" them being in my party. That would come later and they could join and pop up large on the screen next to me. I like the idea here though... it was always neat to see all the beefcakes down below the chat log. Love it!
12/18/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Loki
approximately 1% of d3 players roam the forum and the rest doesn't exist.

12/18/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Loki
i dont even look at these forums,

So you admit that you don't even follow the forums but somehow you think that you know how many people post on them and how many D3 players there are...

Well I do follow them and have since before this game launched. This is quite possibly the most agreed upon thread in the history of these forums.

You're wrong. Go ahead and give your opinion, but stop talking out of your a5s.

Battle.net 2.0 is lacking needed features and there is certainly room for them on the barren menu screen that we currently have. Version 4 is not cluttered.

" the rest doesn't exist."
lol, what?
I was commenting on the design, just like I said on my first post. Please consider!!!

The very first sentence is, "I don't like the design." We all know d3 battlenet is lacking, and its been said and again that some functions could be addeed, with an actual list. But ehre, I see an image, that goes to say, we are looking at something far more than just functionality. comments like looks great and design repeated in this thread just really validates that I was correct in what I was commenting on.

Thats what I was talking about. This is so typical of these forums... But anyways, hopefully this realization that A. forum goers are a small percentage of actual community, and B. most forum goers like to jump to conclusions and don't read.. will open some eyes

With that, I leave u guys with thoughts of love and understanding. People are people, and I respect your opinion. But when misunderstandinsg occur that are so outright obvious, it goes into unnecessary assertions that waste time. Go ahead and sharpen those horns, cuz all we doin is making an example of what a joke everything is around here

Yes, it is typical of the forums.

Someone posts some crap that isn't true and that they have no way of knowing like "These people have no idea what they want and remain the 1%." and "1% of d3 players roam the forum and the rest doesn't exist." and then proceed to pretend like they didn't say such a thing and were only "commenting on the design".

Actually, the forums are close to 100% of the community because there is none in-game. That's the point of this thread.

And these people clearly do know what they want.
Something about this thread seems familiar........

Oh wait, we had this discussion ad nauseum in BETA about this exact mock-up and how awesome it is. Then as now, over 90% of the feedback was very positive, if not for the exact mock-up, at least for the spirit of the mock-up.

Blizzard ignored that thread and ignored the userbase who supported the spirit of that mock-up, because THEY decided to dictate what people want and what will be successful. How'd that work out btw?

For any Blues reading this thread, don't you think it's funny that this EXACT screenshot was the subject of a very large discussion on this very forum a few short months ago, yet most of the replies in this thread are from people who apparently are seeing it for the first time? I wonder what happened to all those hardcore veteran D3 fans who were hell bent on playing D3 and crying out for this type of UI back then and didn't get it. Where do you suppose those people are now?

What do you suppose will happen to the current forum participants who see this mock-up, ask to have something like it implemented, and are refused/ignored? Where will those people be in a few months?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda huh Blizz......
this is awesome. free bump and will bump it again and again.
12/16/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Zaino
so thats what creativity looks like.

12/16/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Dirtpoor
Blizzard. Please hire this person or at least reverse engineer all his great ideas and deny him credit.

well it looks like d2 ? maybe u cant really steal somethin that was made by ur company several years ago, im thinking they gonna make it better than these sloppy screenshots
NOICE !!!!!!
These are not really very useful. Or at all a web friendly design. The current design is much much better.

People are too easily impressed by large background pictures. Only after using it for a few days would you realize how tiring it is to look at this design. And that it would not look at all like this on a browser.
wow! if blizzard said this was patch 1.07 i'd consider it a major upgrade for diablo!
These are not really very useful. Or at all a web friendly design. The current design is much much better.

People are too easily impressed by large background pictures. Only after using it for a few days would you realize how tiring it is to look at this design. And that it would not look at all like this on a browser.

no people want to see things a little more the way d2 was. and that looks more like d2 with avatars and everything else.
they do care . blizz just dont change thing because u think it's a good idea
Blizz didn't listen to that guy (or the people who supported him) during the beta, what makes you think they'll listen now?
I'm a little puzzled by the enthusiasm regarding these screen shots. I much prefer the current UI that Blizzard has provided. It looks simpler and more elegant.

Definitely don't want this new look to be put into the game.
Nicely done! I would definitively like to see something like that!
Was extremely disappointed with new bnet on D3. Some cool crazy fun was had in d1 and d2 in chat and getting some chat friends in games.

The "regulars" channel ruled! ;)
I wonder what happened to all those hardcore veteran D3 fans who were hell bent on playing D3 and crying out for this type of UI back then and didn't get it. Where do you suppose those people are now?

This!!!
WTFGFF.. 2 ubgrades that change abselutely nothing in 3 days .. someone got some information?
+1
Omfg +1. I have NEVER seen those screens before. DO IT BLIZZ!
Actually, the bnet team is at fault in this area. That's why the social aspects of SC2 and D3 was so awful.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]