Diablo® III

Can't invulnerable monsters return in MP5?

12/17/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We don’t have any current plans for the Invulnerable affix to rear its head and return. We felt it was a frustrating affix for many players, and that it was out of line with the other affixes, which is why we removed it. In a similar way, we feel that the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7349425431?page=2#39"]Reflects Damage affix[/url] isn’t quite where we want it to be, which is why we’re looking intomaking some adjustments to the mechanics of how it works, as well as fixing a related bug.

Please reconsider, Blizzard team. Invulnerable minions were actually fun and it was one of the few affixes where you actually had to use strategy to defeat the elites. Currently in the game, you don't even have to look at most affixes anymore when you farm as they hardly matter.

Or how about making it optional? I don't think I'm alone when I say I miss that affix.
Reply Quote
LOL unfortunately.

consider yourself lucky that you weren't here in the beginning. it was retarded.

I enjoyed invulnerable minions. I popped berserker, ran it chopped down the boss. EASY to handle. IT'S STILL STUPID.

imagine the meeting that took place dreaming up that type of enemy....

....Well Bob....we could just make the monsters unkillable. 100% immune to all damage.

whadd'ya think? lets try it!! great Idea!!!!

...........honestly
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net:80/d3/en/forum/topic/7416062560?page=1#3

I have made a suggestion thread for new elite prefixes. I have included a sort of reverse invulnerablity where the elite is immune until minions are killed.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 12/17/2012 5:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
It was only difficult for noobs. The noobs QQ'ed until Blizzard removed it.
Reply Quote
Just another who wants invulnerable affix back. I never had great gear when they existed and didn't have a problem with it.
Reply Quote
AWWW NOW EVERYONE IS STARTING TO WANT INVULNERABLE AFFIXES BACK? IT WAS JUST A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO U ALL WERE COMPLAINING " OMG I HATE INVULNERABLE QQ RAGEQUIT IF YOU DON'T TAKE IT OFF BLIZZ" AND NOW YOU'RE "I'M FINALLY STRONG NOW CAN WE HAZ IT BACK?" DAM FIRST GRADERS ONLY THINK ABOUT SHORT TERM GOALS.
Reply Quote
we feel that the Reflects Damage affix isn’t quite where we want it to be, which is why we’re looking intomaking some adjustments to the mechanics of how it works, as well as fixing a related bug.

It isnt buged, only one problem is, that value of taken damage from enemies in time is more than possible healing effect.... And you dont want understand that with usefull lifesteal you can make monsters hard with high damage...
Reply Quote
I don't know why these thread about invulnerable minions keep popping up, it was not making the game EFFICIENT. I farm MP10 and it feels sufficient enough where it's not too hard but efficient enough where you're not stuck fighting an elite mob >2min (it still take me 60-70 secs to kill a pack of elite)

With invulnerable, you only have to kill the one elite while the rest suck your HP away and it makes our gears unusable. Life steal, LoH, Froze novas are ineffective against these.

So those who are asking for this are trolling.
Edited by happynikon#1844 on 12/18/2012 1:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
It was a horrible experience.

Waller, Molten, Arcane, Invulnerable

Horde, Shielded, Arcane, Invulnerable

Vampiric, Health link, Sheilded, Invulnerable

The list goes on and on. 9/10 times you got a combo that you just couldnt kill in any reasonable amount of time. It was more beneficial to skip them completely or create a new game if you couldnt avoid them.

............................... wow..
Reply Quote
We don’t have any current plans for the Invulnerable affix to rear its head and return. We felt it was a frustrating affix for many players, and that it was out of line with the other affixes, which is why we removed it. In a similar way, we feel that the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7349425431?page=2#39"]Reflects Damage affix[/url] isn’t quite where we want it to be, which is why we’re looking intomaking some adjustments to the mechanics of how it works, as well as fixing a related bug.

Thanks for the feedback.
Reply Quote
Blizz will never bring back the legendary Invulnerable affix. This is against their noob-friendly policy.
Reply Quote
only speaking for myself - I loved the invulnerable affix. I really thought it was out of the box and showed some clearly exciting thought from the designers.

I'm sure that it only started appearing after I got to inferno level, so maybe bringing it back at MP5(ish) or higher wouldn't be the worst idea. It would provide an additional challenge
Reply Quote

Thanks.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 04:56 PMPosted by That

uhh where is pvp WTF?

On the back burner where it belongs brosef.

PvE game is .... PvE. I hope PvP sucks :D
Reply Quote
We don’t have any current plans for the Invulnerable affix to rear its head and return. We felt it was a frustrating affix for many players, and that it was out of line with the other affixes, which is why we removed it. In a similar way, we feel that the Reflects Damage affix isn’t quite where we want it to be, which is why we’re looking intomaking some adjustments to the mechanics of how it works, as well as fixing a related bug.

You mean, there is no need for LS?
Reply Quote
I actually liked invulnerable.
It was like an easier version of health link because you only needed to kill the champion and everything in the pack died.
Reply Quote
A barb is never convincing on this, as they can easily spin away..
Try imagine this affix on the Frogs and phase beasts.. Together with fast, molten and arcane..
It's just nightmare.. Besides, the landscape and AI will just outsmart u. Still remember back in old days, their minions block a narrow passage in the cave and the champ was hiding way back behind them.. Before u can get to the champ, u will be half dead..

Never, never bring back this affix unless it is modified to some playable standards
Reply Quote
Never had a problem with invulnerable minions, in fact I found them to be the easiest packs back in the day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]