Diablo® III

How to Fix the Economy and Botting with PVP

Here is how I feel Diablo 3 can fix its economy (Gold, and real money) when pvp comes out.

1. Players drop some or all of their gear upon dying, which can be picked up by the opposing team. This creates incentive to win, and most people will not be fighting in their top tier gear. This should theoretically raise the price of mid level legendaries, meaning that you will not have to roll perfectly in order to get an item worth something. Also, this forces the losing team/player to go to the auction house and buy a new set of gear, and the winning team to (probably) sell the gear they found. As we all know, there is simply too much gold in the game right now, and every transaction in the AH takes out 15% of the gold in the transaction. The more players are forced to make AH transactions, the better this moneysink will work. This will also allow for people to not be able to "buy" victories, since they will have to risk what they are wearing.

2. (Winning) in Pvp MUST be by far the most rewarding (not necessarily profitable) way of playing Diablo 3. Perhaps there should be gear or rewards which only can be obtained through Pvp against randomly selected opponents.
Botters are able to run scripts because they are up against a computer generated system, and not humans. I feel it would be almost impossible to make a bot that would be any good at pvp, without substantial risk. If players have access gear that is considered top tier, and can only have access it through randomized pvp, bots should in the long run be eliminated, or at least the value of the gold they are generating will become insignificant.

My analysis of what would occur if these are implemented (this is all theory, not yet backed by numbers, mind you):

-Top tier gear would remain expensive for those who wish to continue play the game as it is, but depending on the popularity of PvP, the price could go down.

-Middle tier gear would become more popular, and remain the same price, or increase in price. If a player loses his or her gear for pvp, they must go buy a new set via the AH. The winners will most likely sell their gear via the AH. Each time there is a buyer for the lost gear, the moneysink will effectively take away 15% of the purchase.

-Low end gear will remain unsellable / cheap.

-Non-Pvp Gameplay will become more fun. A player will now no longer need to roll incredibly well in order to profit from legendaries. A player who DOES well incredibly well may still receive a good amount, but hopefully their find sells for less, in order to keep the amount of gold generated equal.

-As long as the rewards from Pvp are highly sought after, bots should not be able to infiltrate that market (bots can't win pvp versus humans). In order for these new rewards to be dropped, the opponent must be randomly selected (so that a bot cannot constantly pvp against another bot over and over).

Please let me know what you think!

-Exmigrant#1825
Reply Quote
Don't rely on PVP coming out.. Cuz ive been waiting 7months.

and if the drop all gear is what you want.. Some uber nerd will wreck you with 1 of his 5 top .005 percentile DPS and destroy you.
Edited by Dread#1308 on 12/22/2012 5:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
2. (Winning) in Pvp MUST be by far the most rewarding (not necessarily profitable) way of playing Diablo 3. Perhaps there should be gear or rewards which only can be obtained through Pvp against randomly selected opponents.
Botters are able to run scripts because they are up against a computer generated system, and not humans. I feel it would be almost impossible to make a bot that would be any good at pvp, without substantial risk. If players have access gear that is considered top tier, and can only have access it through randomized pvp, bots should in the long run be eliminated, or at least the value of the gold they are generating will become insignificant.

Look I disagree with you on this point. If PvP is better than the PvE. That would mean that Blizz's stance has changed Diablo from being a PvE focused game with PvP as the afterthought. Into PvP focused with PvE as an afterthought. Thus ruining D3 as a game
Reply Quote
@ Dread of course some people will be better than others, but they are also risking all of their gear. I personally would like to be an underdog if I have a chance to win 100s of millions!

@ShadowAegis thats a good point. I feel the game does need to change direction though... I agree that PvE should still remain a big part of the game, but I'm not sure as to how to balance both
Reply Quote
Disagree. Player with credit card will not hesitate to use best gear as it can be replaced if lost. Players who spent months farming for pretty good gear will have no chance.

The solution to PVP gear is that it can only be crafted using blacksmith designs. As long as the item was crafted it can be used for PVP, exception is rings and amulet.
Reply Quote
If someone wants to drop 100s everyday on pvp, let em!
Reply Quote
Anyone else have ideas?
Reply Quote
Are you joking? This idea is absolutely awful
Reply Quote
i waited for pvp since may... and where is it??? hahaha... i bet u gonna wait till 2014 for new "expansion" with pvp
and since they dont wanna balance gear.. people who got superior gear (we all know how) will farm u with eyes closed.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 04:33 PMPosted by exmigrant
1. Players drop some or all of their gear upon dying, which can be picked up by the opposing team. This creates incentive to win, and most people will not be

... playing.
Reply Quote
I could really care less about PvP, but I won't even attempt to give it a try if my hard earned gear is going to be in jeopardy.

PvP should be strictly optional and it should not affect PvE in any fashion. Some players want PvP and I want them to have PvP if it will make them happy. But my happyness should not be penalize for the wants of a few.

I think your ideas are self serving and not in the best interest of everyone.
Reply Quote
Nice Idea but pvp will just increase Botting lol
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 05:55 AMPosted by DeadRu
There have been games that allowed this. I don't think any are around anymore.

Im guessing too much QQ? If this was allowed, I would only PVP with vendor junk rares and worthless brimstone legendary items. So would most others. If someone risked their godly gear, he could risk dying from lag or a DC to a noob. If he won, the loser's gear would be worthless to the winner anyway.
Reply Quote
Also people here are assuming PVP will be in any way shape or form balanced and bug free.

Loot on death to some bug, or extremely unbalanced or unintended game mechanic will not be fun. Imagine how overpower was proccing LOH for barbs before it was nerfed when they stood in an affix that ticked a lot. Took months to fix.

I can see something like a DH that fires 5 bolas before accepting the duel request and then you blow up instantly (or a pierce hungering arrow), or a skill that makes you immune to player damage in an unintended way.

If/when PVP is released it will be just like PVE is now, a cat and mouse game of nerf whatever is the most OP at the time while players constantly invent new ways to break the treadmill.

Risking gear worth billions will not be an option for non credit card warriors or people who bot. The ones that do, its all easily replaceable and worth the risk, and they will be the ones most likely to cheat or abuse a known mechanics issue.
Reply Quote
Hopefully pvp will come out without too many bugs (unlikely, but hopefully there will be careful quality control). Another idea is that players could agree on a "stake" prior to dueling.

The item loss idea is what is being used in runescape-- and it actually has worked extraordinarily well. What ends up happening is that you get a very interesting spread of gear, some people use vendor junk, some use the 1-2m, some use the godly gear.

I do not, however think that anyone will use godly gear, lose it and constantly rebuy it. Nobody has unlimited funds... And if they do, I'm all for them losing it to other players who out skill them in pvp.
Reply Quote
just saw a thread and i thought to myself one of the worst ideas ive ever heard but this one is even worst
Edited by erosinnin#1834 on 12/24/2012 10:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Edited by obijonkenobi#1850 on 10/28/2013 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

1. Players drop some or all of their gear upon dying, which can be picked up by the opposing team.

Ok, time to get a team of throwing barbs to camp the arena.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]