Diablo® III

Frame Stuttering - Again....

Just recently I have started playing public games. Before this past week, I played strictly solo. Now that I am in public games, I am getting 5-8 second screen jumps (screen freezes and then picks up 5-8 seconds later).

It always comes back. However, it is becoming increasly annoying. I read this has been an issue in the past and I tried all the fixes recommended in the stickies with no luck.

I am curious is any progress has been made on this issue or if maybe there is something I did not try.

My system specs are below and I have no heating issues that can be detected.

i7-2700K @ 3.5Ghz
16GB RAM
Win7 64 SP1
NVIDIA GTX560 Ti
OCZ Vortex 4 SSD

UPDATED: Corrected this issue by enabling VSync and unchecking both boxes that limited frame rates in the fore/background.

UPDATED: Still happening, just less frequent but longer lock ups.
Edited by Bludkraze#1953 on 12/24/2012 5:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My god I am having this same problem... Up to 15-20 seconds especially when I first enter an area... Going into boss fights is just making me go insane

Usually gets better after a bit but it happenes through every doorway I take so it gets VERY annoying VERY fast

Win7x64
i7-3930k
16gb ddr3
GTX580
Crucial SSD

I was playing just fine last night so idk what happened
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wow... I just went into act3 and the problem is massively worse... I cant even fight a small pack of mobs without freezing for 3/4 of the fight
Reply Quote
Only thing I have noticed is Diablo 3 seems to be eating up a single ciore. I see another user posted the same thing and said it fixed itself... mine has been ongoing for days now.
Edited by Bludkraze#1953 on 12/23/2012 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ok, so I think I got it. Just ran Act 3 in public games without incident.

Uncheck both boxes limiting FPS (back and fore ground). Also got rid of my micro stuttering.
Reply Quote
I lied. Started again this morning. This time it happened for longer and only one time during an Act 3 public game. It was more like 20 seconds this time.

To test, I did several solo Alk runs and nothing. Not one lock up. Overall, the unchecking of limiting the frames in fore/background have gotten rid of the micro stuttering but the game still seems to lock up and then catch up seconds later.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]