Diablo® III

BLUES RIDDLE ME THIS WHY THE LAG?

once again i tried to play some diablo today but the game was soooo laggy that i couldnt tell if i was hitting the enemy or if they were hitting me until the game server finally caught up with its crap self only to realize im dead before the game even comes back . i can run around and use skills but does nothing because wel its lagging beyond belief. before your STUPID 1.0.6a patch the game was completly fine with no lag what so ever. if they had the starter version and it wouldnt upgrade properly you should have told those Flippin MORONS TO HAVE BOUGHT THE GAME NOT GET A TRIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will continue to feed this thread until i get some REAL answers and to those of you that are having these issues i encourage you to do the same
Reply Quote
View profile
There could be several reasons for your lag (I don't even feel like listing them).

In any case; if your were playing solo, and this was happening, THEN I can raise a point as to why such an issue should even be allowed to occur (stupid always-online mode)
Reply Quote
I had a similar encounter, my monk was punching at mobs but nothing happened.

and....................... i died.
Reply Quote
the only lag i get is on diablo therefor i know that it is not on my end. diablo is the only game that sems to lag this bad i have no problem with any other game that i play. the fact that i play all my games on low graphics for ultimate performance(dont care for looks) is enough for me to believe thats its on diablo server. yes i do play solo because well i can only imagine how bad it would be if a barb and cm got in same game.
Reply Quote
I do not lag at all
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Buryit
I do not lag at all

you must live in cali
Reply Quote
Don't blame Blizzard for your lag issues. Turn down your settings or upgrade your computer...
Reply Quote
the asset loading is horrid in this game which leads to entry game lag and slowdowns/lockups in situations where there is a lot of info being rendered from the servers to your game. These issues are the result of poor programming and always on DRM. D3 notoriously has issues with multiple core processors as well. These facts are well documented and will remain a "hidden affix" as long as always on DRM remains "the valorous protector of the RMAH"
Reply Quote
Huh? I hardly ever lag. And it hasn't been as bad as you're describing since a couple weeks after release...
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Technoviking
the asset loading is horrid in this game which leads to entry game lag and slowdowns/lockups in situations where there is a lot of info being rendered from the servers to your game. These issues are the result of poor programming and always on DRM. D3 notoriously has issues with multiple core processors as well. These facts are well documented and will remain a "hidden affix" as long as always on DRM remains "the valorous protector of the RMAH"

I have a multi core processor, a lowish end graphics card, and live over 2000 miles from California and I seldom observe lag. Game performance on my machine has improved over the months. I had noticeable stutter and clutter enhanced slowdowns a few months ago, but I seldom have issues now. I see one or two cases of rubber banding on weekend evenings, that is about it though.

Your contention of widespread issues is not applicable to everyone it seems. Blizzard acknowledged asset loading issues, and they have addressed them partially, continued tuning is being done and over time they will release patches to do more.
Reply Quote

It's hilarious how people troll legit issues in this forum/game

Which posts would be trolls? The ones where we say we don't lag?
Reply Quote
No lag here, ever. Pennsylvania.
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Hamburglar
Coming to the forums for help is useless. You have so many blizzard fanboys lurking these forums with so much negativity.

Coming to gen chat and complaining about tech issues won't get you much help. The tech support forum is a much better place for these threads.

There are stickies over there with some ideas about solutions to some common issues. There are users over there who post helpful suggestions. They even have a tech support staff who will try to help!

Trolling gen chat might be fun for you guys, but if you have real technical issues there are better places to go with your questions and issues.
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Air
Don't blame Blizzard for your lag issues. Turn down your settings or upgrade your computer...

Don't blame Blizzard?..Turn down your settings or upgrade? I think you should go play snakes and ladders and stay away from all electronics because your an idiot.

It's hilarious how people troll legit issues in this forum/game

There is lag/server issues which has been ongoing. will Blue comment on this? Don't hold your breath.

no u
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]