Diablo® III

Is there any point to farming higher mp?

ias too low 2.73 is entry level IME for doing that and with 50CC. Try cold snap.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/5/2013 4:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
new data point:

157k dps sns mp8:

core, damned,skycrown, keeps2,rakkis, fos

playing like !@#$ this time, got hit too many times by maniacs + i got stuck on an elite pack that spread out with rd + mortar. also a lot of extra life elites :(.

time: 45 min

elite kills: 48
whites kills: 1154

4 legs: 3 brimstones and some decent innas pants.

run 2:

157k dps sns mp8

core, damned, skycrown,keeps2,rakkis, fos

much better clear time this time, smoother run but not so much on the rare and leg drops.

time: 32 mins

elite kills: 38
white kills: 1122

legs: 1 brimstone

edit: !@#$ yeah actually the innas pants are pretty damn good, 172 dex, 66 vit, 9 ias. So if the ah aint foolin me those are worth like 300 mil!
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/5/2013 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 04:16 PMPosted by TekkZero
@LordSandwich: I might kindly point on that you're at 2.51aps, while everyone else discussing this is at 2.73+aps. And that's a huge difference! You can't really permafreeze yellows at 2.51aps without using Cold Snap.

When I put on Lacunis and hit a frenzy shrine I'm over 3 aps. My lock becomes a little better on yellows but they can still manage to wiggle out of the tornadoes after a few seconds.

I dont think cold snap is ever worth it for farming. If your tornadoes are hitting at least 3 targets then everything is locked down. How much of your farming time do you spend killing a single target? 5-10 seconds here and there on yellows.

To be honest Deep Freeze seems like it should be the best. It's active most of the time. The extra CC gives me close to 15% more sheet dps, but it felt like I was killing way slower with it the last time I tried. I'll test it again later.
Reply Quote
new data point:

157k dps sns mp8:

core, damned,skycrown, keeps2,rakkis, fos

playing like !@#$ this time, got hit too many times by maniacs + i got stuck on an elite pack that spread out with rd + mortar. also a lot of extra life elites :(.

time: 45 min

elite kills: 48
whites kills: 1154

4 legs: 3 brimstones and some decent innas pants.

run 2:

157k dps sns mp8

core, damned, skycrown,keeps2,rakkis, fos

much better clear time this time, smoother run but not so much on the rare and leg drops.

time: 32 mins

elite kills: 38
white kills: 1122

legs: 1 brimstone

edit: !@#$ yeah actually the innas pants are pretty damn good, 172 dex, 66 vit, 9 ias. So if the ah aint foolin me those are worth like 300 mil!

Hey nice !

Ok i'l use this as point of reference:

Just did the same route core, damned,skycrown, keeps2,rakkis, fos.

Died twice cause i'm mortal. Some back tracking, meh.

Some lag isues with recording software. Wil upload run when sleeping.

Here are the numbers:

39 Elites
909 Whites

21 mins game time

EDIT: I'll post video later on this. Wll try more thorough clear as well in terms of killing whites.
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 1/5/2013 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 06:47 PMPosted by Boozor

grats to you. now i feel extremely bad for being reminded of an inna's pants that dropped for me in a1/mp3 back then. 196 dex, 90 vit. will not tell you how much i sold it for but it was enough for my mind to dissociate from it ._.
Reply Quote
I dont see any reason to do skycrown. I've been doing stonefort for keys and a boss kill (8x drop) but thats prolly not super efficient. Just enjoy linking my 100+ terrors lol.

Is skycrown actually high end enough even with the requirement to walk over to the entrance?
Reply Quote
well the innas dropped in skycrown so im happy im doin the area. It is pretty densely packed, specially with elites u can get ur 5 stack there... which has made me think many times of just starting the run there and skipping core.

@boozor i died plenty more times than that in my first run, such a !@#$ time with all the backtracking. Thue smooth runs are when i die 1 or 2 times heh... i think im gona need to get back the loh i lost in exchange for the cd.
Reply Quote
I dont see any reason to do skycrown. I've been doing stonefort for keys and a boss kill (8x drop) but thats prolly not super efficient. Just enjoy linking my 100+ terrors lol.

Is skycrown actually high end enough even with the requirement to walk over to the entrance?

I would say yes, either I'm lucky many times or there are many Elites there, good for NV stacking.
Reply Quote
this mornings run:

157k dps sns mp8

core, damned,skycrown, keeps2, rakkis, fos, crater2, cursed

time: 51

elite kills: 52
white kills: 1482

legs: 2, brimstone storm crow and sellable manticore.
Reply Quote
I think the shorter way to skycrown is to go by stone fort portal

I dont like the imagery of sky crown so i skip it thou unless proven effective haha
Reply Quote
meh the dps increase has only allowed me to get better clear times when ive been playing well enough to avoid more deaths, so i guess its time to push mitigation + loh a little bit further to compensate.

what would you guys recomend?

4.6k armour 850 ar (900 physical) and around 1000 loh

or

4.6k armour 800 ar (850 physical) and around 1200 loh

I just sniped a nice 260 int 175 str vit vile ward for 40 mill and will be getting an ar witching soon, the question really is keeping my 9 ias 50 ar wailing host and getting a higher loh bt ammy or changing the wailing host for an 8 ias 300 loh unity.
Reply Quote
Your runs are getting too long :p

The loh should be relative to your dps.

At 150k you might benefit from the extra 200.

It's hard to say but @800 AR it looks good to go.
Reply Quote
yeah yeah i was trying out doing a longer run, had spare time but not enough for 2 runs. so i added in 2 more areas to see how it panned out.

at 0,6 loh per dps, i should need like 960, im at 890 now after dropping some in my nats, so i def need to pump it more than my mitigation... i was feeling so comfy at 1050 with 145k dps that it makes me want to push it even further than that.

edit: lulz just sniped a bt ammy with 9.5cc with 610 loh for 15mil, im back to 1000loh.... that was quick n easy.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/7/2013 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
more data points with better mitigation and loh:

run 1:

sns 157k dps mp8

route: core, damned,skycrown,keeps2, rakkis, fos

time: 33 min

e kills: 44
w kills:1038

legs: 1 brimstone windforce

baller run 2:

sns 157k dps mp10

route: core, damned, keeps3, keeps2, keeps1, fos

time: 41 mins (can do much better really died alot very stupidly and killed a couple elites packs i really should have just wormholed over)

e kills: 26
w kills: 967

legs: 1 cc taskers
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/9/2013 4:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
@shand

with your model, what would the leg/hr rate be if at p100 and mp10 we were killing around 1700 whites and 40 elites per hour?

u could also might consider not doing "fluff" mobs besides the 5 stack phase of the run, so that it increases the chance to have a drop per mob kill.

say the run was something like: skycrown, keeps1, keeps 2, keeps 3, fos.

edit: forget it found this:

You are nuts.

A 'full clear' as you say would consist of roughly...

40 elite packs
2000 white mobs

So in MP1...

5 * 3.5 + 35 * 4.5 = 175 items from elites
2000 * 0.1 = 200 items from whites
2000 * 0.3 * 0.01 = 6 bonus items

381 items, with roughly a 1/200 chance for each to be legendary/set (although there are only really set pieces for the i63s, consisting of ~16% of them)

or MP10

Same 175 from elites
Same 200 from whites normally

but

2000 * 0.3 * 100% = 600 bonus items...

So instead of 375 drops at a 1/200 chance you have 975 drops at a 1/138 chance.

So its more like 377% improvement, not 45% improvement in drops between 1 and 10.

so i guess i can find out my self

edit 2:

my math seems off, anyone who sees where plz correct me. here it goes:

5 * 3.5 + 35 * 4.5 = 175 items from elites
1700 * 0.1 = 170 items from whites
1700 * 0.3 * 100% = 510 bonus items

175 + 170 + 510 = 855 items at 1/138 chance to be a leg.
855/138 = 6.19 legs/hr

seems an awfull lot for my real experience.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/9/2013 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm still on the fence. I did an mp10 run last night and got 5 legs, 3 brims and 2 on the AH
Reply Quote
I said I would come back with some data on comparing mp 1 to mp 10 and here it is. Though, I think a lot more testing needs to be done but it is a good starting point.

Mp 10

MF 614%
Time: 4 hours 20 mintues
total exp: 107m
Elite kills: 270
Trash kills: 6832
Legs/hour: 3

total Legendaries: 13

Ik Gloves
Storm Crow
Ik Boots
Firewalkers
Anadrial Visage
Sultan of the Burning Sand
Nat helm
Triumvirate
Firewalkers
Dawn
Cindercoat
The travelers Pledge
Tal Rasha Allegiance

MP 7

MF 539%
Time: 4 hours 22 mintues
total Exp: 140m
Elite kills: 407
Trash kills: 10429
Leg/hour: 1.6

Total LegendariesL: 7

Innas Reach
The sultand of the burning sand
Nat Embrace
Death watch mantle
IK boots
Lamention
Ik belt

MP 1

MF 400%
Time:4:20
Total exp:286m
Elite kills:857
Trash kills: 24658
Leg/hour: 1.6

Total legendaries: 7

The inquisitor
Won Kim Lau
Schaeffers Hammers
Wormwood
Sun Keeper
Andy helm
Andy Helm

I must admit, I think the amount of legendaries that I found on mp1 and mp7 does seem low. I have never kept track like this before, but I thought that 2.5/hour was going to be the norm across all mp's with the slower time on mp 10 being made up for by the extra mf. My farming route was also a bit different on mp 7 and 10.

My run consisted of the following for mp 1

Core of Arreat
Tower level 1
Crater 2
Keep depths 2
Rakkis Crossing
Fields of Slaughter
Skycrown

On mp 7 and 10 I did:

Core of Arreat
Tower 1
Crater 2(to finish 5 stacks only if needed)
Fields of slaughter
keep 1,2,3

I left the remainder of crater 2, skycrown and rakkis crossing out of my mp 7 and 10 runs because there are too many monsters like the scorpions and fallen that do not seem to drop very much at all. Those monsters are great for exp but that is about it. On mp 10 areas like the keep depths with a room full of skeletons it was the norm to see 2, 3 or even 4 rares drop from a pack of 25 skeletons.

Overall, the loot quality and amount looked to be better on mp 10. On mp 1 I would finish a run with few rares to id and on mp 10 I always had a full pack of ilvl 62 and 63 items many of which had 6 affix's. I am sure it is just RNG but the quality of legendaries on mp 10 looked a lot better.
Reply Quote
ever since dwelling into aimless' meteor build, i've been traversing mp5 and above and truly i must say loots are better in terms of affixes and quantity. legs/sets are still hit and misses though sometimes it makes me wonder if it was worth the time spent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]