Diablo® III

Is there any point to farming higher mp?

Well in that case Shandlar's math is correct, but you are still going to take 3 x the time to obtain the 3 x better loot, its still a wash in the end, and dont forget that you need to be way overgeared to do this.

Yes, but in the case of loot being about equal, it's worth remembering the XP rate. In that case lower MP will give you same loot/hour but much more XP per hour than higher MP. It seems the math at least partially supports switching to higher MP at max paragon, which is a bit of a surprise to me.

Yes I'm pretty surprised as well, never knew that the bonus item would always be "gear" because the blog wasnt clear about this. I've been alternating between MP5 and MP0 for my alkaizer runs because I've not actually noticed a huge difference in loot/hr, I only did MP5 out of boredom. I will however, only run MP5 now because I get a 36% chance of a bonus item (equates to 1.08 additional item per mob) and it only takes me 50% longer time to clear it.

I'm thinking MP5-7 should be where its optimal for loot, it takes a significantly longer time to run them but its not so bad as to negate the item drop bonus on those MPs.

Btw thanks to all the contributors of this thread, this has been very informative.
Reply Quote
redacted

Did real timing
Mp8 156K SNS CM
core, tower, crater 2, rakkis and loop feilds, keeps 2, sky.

Time 34:57

1307 whites
44 elites

zero legs lol (but thats not normal)

now time to do archon same route in mp 1 or 2

Mp 2 225K TP scramble archon

Time 18:08

1346 whites
46 elites

found a windforce

I have no idea whats best. Rulereric tells me they are same on elite proficiency and better rares with the archon spec/time

Just your luck. Try Glass Cannon in MP 8, you will cut your run time by half, stuff die instantly it's hillarious.

High MPs are more entertaining for sure, assuming you don't spend 2min per pack ofc.
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 05:05 PMPosted by KillerElite

Its probably the economy, nothing sells these days (unless its BIS), game is pretty dead now.

I've gotten items with top rolls on both low and high MPs, it has no effect on item types/rolls, its all RNG.

Economy aside, I was thinking more about he quality of the items dropped. My barb has found a total of 8 Mempos and my wiz has found zero. Same with lacuni, echoing fury, etc. barb has found many of these on mp 8 and wiz hasn't found anywhere near as many on mp 2.

Trust me, its all RNG. I've done over 100 MP10 uber runs, thats a ton of elites + whites + bosses + KWs but I've never found anything thats worth more than 20m in those runs.

You get an equal opportunity to loot ilvl63s on all MPs and the rolls are totally random.
Reply Quote
View profile
redacted

Did real timing
Mp8 156K SNS CM

Time 34:57

1307 whites
44 elites

zero legs lol (but thats not normal)

now time to do archon same route in mp 1 or 2

Mp 2 225K TP scramble archon

Time 18:08

1346 whites
46 elites

found a windforce

I have no idea whats best. Rulereric tells me they are same on elite proficiency and better rares with the archon spec/time

Just your luck. Try Glass Cannon in MP 8, you will cut your run time by half, stuff die instantly it's hillarious.

High MPs are more entertaining for sure, assuming you don't spend 2min per pack ofc.

I'm too sqiusy and singles can run without evo once i get mempo and 3.0 maybe. and don't be ridiculous 15% is 15% better kill times at best. still doesn't change travel time at all. I bet u shave off 10% at most from a full run using GC...assuming u dont die and arnt chasing single yellows around.

BTW did u see that sweet cd refelction on AH today? 37% cd 79 AR lol
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/29/2012 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
current loot model:
http://s13.postimage.org/g3k3pca1x/lootmodel2.png
i have more runs to complete so its a work in progress, once i find the best gear/skill/route/mp selection i can do many iterations and get averages. Had alot of deaths with dps sword that had no leech.

So far I think SNS mp6 act3 is the best.
mp3 spectral blade storm chaser is only good for rare farming act2 elite's.
If they changed extra drop to also apply to all guaranteed drops, act2 would be the best.

I suspect the best route might be
core->td1->ac2 backwards->rakkis backwards->fields->k2.
or
core->td1clock wise->ac1 backwards->ac2 backwards->rakkis backwards->fields->k2.
From my pov skycrown has too many small mobs that either run away or stay still :/
Reply Quote
current loot model:
http://s13.postimage.org/g3k3pca1x/lootmodel2.png
i have more runs to complete so its a work in progress, once i find the best gear/skill/route/mp selection i can do many iterations and get averages. Had alot of deaths with dps sword that had no leech.

So far I think SNS mp6 act3 is the best.
mp3 spectral blade storm chaser is only good for rare farming act2 elite's.
If they changed extra drop to also apply to all guaranteed drops, act2 would be the best.

I suspect the best route might be
core->td1->ac2 backwards->rakkis backwards->fields->k2.
or
core->td1clock wise->ac1 backwards->ac2 backwards->rakkis backwards->fields->k2.
From my pov skycrown has too many small mobs that either run away or stay still :/

printed
Reply Quote

I'm too sqiusy and singles can run without evo once i get mempo and 3.0 maybe. and don't be ridiculous 15% is 15% better kill times at best. still doesn't change travel time at all. I bet u shave off 10% at most from a full run using GC...assuming u dont die and arnt chasing single yellows around.

BTW did u see that sweet cd refelction on AH today? 37% cd 79 AR lol

Forget I'm using MW too lol nvm. I'm dropping Nats soon, will be staying at a healthy 50 CC with 10 CC Source and 6 CC Ring, so I don't search nats anymore. I will get like 200 more intel which will translate into high DPS from Zuni boots, and possibly intel from the 6 CC Ring too. I passed the hardest part, which was finding 6 CC LoH Pox. Lol I though it would take weeks to find one so I bought a Unity for temporary setup, but I guess I'm lucky =]
Edited by novice#1750 on 12/30/2012 12:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Eric i was at mp8 and ur showing 6...
Reply Quote
I love statistic and i love efficiency, i dunno if you are interested in some other datas but here we go :D

MP8
Alkaizer (core - damned 1 - AC2 - rakkis to bridge - Depths 2)
Time: 27:25 (profile says 28)
Whites: 1132
Elites: 32

Notes:
Very slow start for what concern elite, just 1 in both core and tower.
I have profile screenshots.

Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mrmorph-2705/hero/9490006

I'll edit later for a MP9 comparison

EDIT:
MP 9
Alka (same route as before)
Time: 36:29 (36 on profile)
Whites: 1334
Elites: 34
Notes:
1-2 minutes slower than my avg due to unusual concentration of double (and triple!) packs :P
Edited by Mrmorph#2705 on 12/30/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I love statistic and i love efficiency, i dunno if you are interested in some other datas but here we go :D

MP8
Alkaizer (core - damned 1 - AC2 - rakkis to bridge - Depths 2)
Time: 27:25 (profile says 28)
Whites: 1132
Elites: 32

Notes:
Very slow start for what concern elite, just 1 in both core and tower.
I have profile screenshots.

Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mrmorph-2705/hero/9490006

I'll edit later for a MP9 comparison

is that with ID time accounted for?
Reply Quote
Yes , ID time accounted for but i'm very picky on what to loot (Average of less than half inventory per alka run)
Edited by Mrmorph#2705 on 12/30/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Another data point
Mp8 156K SNS CM

Time 38:58

1388 whites
53 elites

Frostburns

I dont ID. just dump everything in box hafway right before entering fields then go to keeps and sky less maths this way
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/30/2012 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Farming only mp 7/8 with my barb, I took him up to paragon 57. I had numerous finds that made me lot's of gold. Some of the more notable ones included a decent EF with over 1k dps base crit and a socket, a mempo with 4% CC and 190 strength, 3 lacunis all with between 5 and 6% CC.

Well you pretty much answered your question right here. Had you done MP0-1 farming from 0 to 57 you probably would have got there 3x faster, but likely wouldn't have even seen those drops as anything below 60 paragon is terrible for MP0-2.

If you're not in a rush to 100 and you do really good sustained damage you should keep doing your thing..I'd say till about paragon 70ish. Once there you're gonna have enough natural MF to where mp0-2 (or 3 even) will be worth while in drops and of course much faster experience.

It all depends on what you think efficient is and what your build is like. If you're like OMG I gotta get to paragon 80 in like xx time then your way is not good. If you're like 'eh I'll take my time leveling, I really want to find some good items while I level' than your route is fine up till you reach about 200% natural MF (65ish) than it simply is too much exp needed per level to justify doing higher MP or higher quality rares / more leg. This of course is the case if you don't completely change to burst DPS (like HOTA) and do lower MP (or for me would be archon) - than of course that's going to be superior for lower MP.

Again this all depends on your sustained dps, you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot doing mp6-8. I'm probably gonna do an MP8 run tonight, did an MP6 run only found 2 legs. Insta brims of course..always is. With my luck def would have just done MP2 all the way. I just got excited since on PTR I was getting stupid amounts of Legs on MP8.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/30/2012 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
My DH friend had been running A3 MP1 alkaizer for the longest time, from plvl 50 all the way to plvl82 now. He seems to be getting better rolls at the rares and once a trifecta gloves 9, 9.5, 33 easily sold at 130m. Sometimes he gets like 2 to 3 legs a run.

I, on the other hand prefer MP6 as MP1 doesn't suit me that much I usually fall asleep melting mobs. But I have been getting 99.999999% vendor crap rares. In good times I get 2-3 legs a run, but I got into an unlucky streaks before so zero legs after 7-8 runs.

It's totally RNG.
Reply Quote
Currently a CM wizard seems best at
mode: MP5
route: act2 vota, mine, road
skills: wicked wind astral scramble chain shards worm deep, will have more data soon.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/30/2012 10:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
Currently a CM wizard seems best at
mode: MP5
route: act2 vota, mine, road
skills: wicked wind astral scramble chain shards worm deep, will have more data soon.

Astral Pressence is terrible for CMWW, considering you're regaining 60-100 APoC per second from APoC. Try GC if the MP is that low.
Reply Quote
My data is extremely preliminary so far but...

MP8
Route : Alkaiser + Rakkis Bridge + Stonefort/KB
Time (Including Inventory Management) : 34:10 per run on average
XP: ~19m per run (33.5m per hour) unbuffed, no ruby or hellfire.
Legendaries : 1.25 per run (2.20 per hour)

My MF is not quite maxed (34 below, or 5% relative effectiveness less), and my dps feels a little too low yet for MP8. Going to do 30-40 more runs to firm up my results then switch to MP7 and compare.
Edited by Shandlar#1961 on 12/30/2012 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
my last 2 runs data:

144k dps sns mp8

route: core, damned,rakkis, fos, keeps2, skycrown
time: 35 min

246k dps full mf archon mp2
route: core, damned, keeps 2, rakkis, fos, skycrown
time: 16 min

strangely enough no legs in either run, so today im goinrg dry since i dont think ill be playing more :(
Edited by ximae#1789 on 12/31/2012 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah low mp archon seems twice as fast and feels A LOT faster. dunno whats best... I will say at 156K dps mp6 feels about right as SNS and mp1-2 as 225K archon. I do what feels best. Legs will come.
Reply Quote
View profile
Whatever feels best, for sure, is the way to go. You have to have fun! Personally, I am going to start farming mp 7 or 8 with cm gear on as soon as I hit the 300% mf cap which will be when I hit paragon 80. My BT pants, templars gear and gloves are making up the extra to hit 300%. From my current paragon level of 72 it will take another 1,227,000,000 m exp points to hit 80. Currently, I am running blizzard in mp 0 with leorics, hellfire, ruby in helm and my templar also has a hellfire and leorics for another 8% exp gain. I am averaging 70m exp/hour so it should take another 18 hours of playing to hit 80. It will realistically take another 7 or 8 days for me to get that much play time in. In a few weeks if this thread is dead, I will revive it after I have spent 20 hours or so farming mp 8 and let you all know how it goes for me.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 12/31/2012 4:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]