Diablo® III

Is there any point to farming higher mp?

144k dps sns mp8

route: core, damned,rakkis, fos, keeps2, skycrown
time: 35 min

At the risk of sounding arrogant, how !@#$ty am I? lol.

40% more dps nets me 1 minute faster run time? I must be terribad.
Reply Quote
mp8
35 mins run
deprecation
lulz
Reply Quote
@shand, naw man u had 1 more area and id-vendoring time, that should translate to +5-6 or so minutes on my time.

Thing is i also have +4% to elites so my dps is more like 150k vs them, and its those where the dps diff would be noticeable as whites melt with just 140k dps. I also tend to keep a bit on the moove with higher hp elites to keep luring them into more trash packs, specially benefiting deep freeze.
Reply Quote
View profile
144k dps sns mp8

route: core, damned,rakkis, fos, keeps2, skycrown
time: 35 min

At the risk of sounding arrogant, how !@#$ty am I? lol.

40% more dps nets me 1 minute faster run time? I must be terribad.

maybe u pick up more who knows in 40-50 elites and 1300 whites i do a character sheet and a half....

jewelry gloves pants weapons and legs thats it
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/31/2012 4:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
maybe u pick up more who knows in 40-50 elites and 1300 whites i do a character sheet and a half....

jewelry gloves pants weapons and legs thats it

yeah my runs are exactly that, 50 elites, 1270 whites per run. I never fill an invo, not even close.
Reply Quote
View profile
well he didnt do crater 2
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/31/2012 4:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Aimless

exactly.
Reply Quote
Last timed run of the year
MP 8
Alka (core, damned, AC2, from rakkis to bridge, depths2)
Time: 25:04 (25 on profile)
Whites: 864
Elites: 31

Notes:
A deserted run but with 7 leg so i spent near a minute at the end ID'ing stuff (so more like 24' +1)
Reply Quote
7 legends in 25 minutes of of that few enemies show me the video or it did not happen.

If someone would post a few vids it would really help credibility as you are saying you are doing this faster MP 8 then I can clear mp 2 archon when everything melts instantly when I bump my Dps to 500 no deaths.
Edited by Lilspark#1868 on 12/31/2012 8:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well i was surprised as well but no vid and the purpouse of my remark was just to take the added ID time into account.

If you are taking 25 mins to clear core, damned, AC2, fields+bridge and depths 2 at MP2 in archon you are doing somthing wrong as it shouldnt take more than 15-17 minutes even with unlucky depth 2 map
Reply Quote
View profile
7 legs in 25 min....thats some luck.
Reply Quote
My best so far was 2 sets and 2 legends from one run. I've had a 6 legend clear in the past however.

I've also had four 0 legend runs in a row before, so its all even in the end.

Posted by Aimless

exactly.

How douche of it of me to feel better about myself lol.

7 legends in 25 minutes of of that few enemies show me the video or it did not happen.

If someone would post a few vids it would really help credibility as you are saying you are doing this faster MP 8 then I can clear mp 2 archon when everything melts instantly when I bump my Dps to 500 no deaths.

Gonna attempt to start vidding, If I see no degredation of game play I may vid everything just in case something phenomenal occurs
Reply Quote
View profile
Luckiest guy playing diablo with 7 legs in one run. Time for the run sounds about right based on the areas and if you skip past single monsters and teleport the !@#$ out of the map and get a few 25% MS shrines. I've done many timed runs in archon mp 2 with 290k dps and clearing the core of arreat, tower level 1, crater level 2, rakkis crossing, fields of slaughter keep depths level 2 and skycrown takes 18 minutes. skycrown typically takes 3 and a half minutes so now we are down to the 14.5 minute range for the same area. It also looks as though he was very unlucky with monster density or skipped past some of the content based on the number of kills.
Reply Quote
It was surely an unusual, mob scarce, lucky run :P avg i dare say it's about 1.5/run or 3/hour
And sure i skip lone mobs.

I tried recording one run but my FPS drops below 20 too often resulting in drop of DPS and deaths as mobs simply refuse to stay there.

This is the next attempt but as i said recording drastically affected my performances.

MP 8

Same route
Time: 32 mins with 2 deaths
Whites: 1246
Elites: 40
Link to vid: http://youtu.be/bHqMsXXgIt0 (still processing)

Notes:
Terribad experience but it's not the perfect spec to run with 19-25fps :P also no fleeting shrines whatsoever.

Happy 2013 everyone cu next year :)
Reply Quote
Mp8 runs seem to grant way more legs than Mp7 however I die too much on MP8 cuz of my low AR (by too much I mean 3x on average) and for whatever reason MP8 seems to spawn some really nasty affix elites on average compared to MP7 (Hi RD, extra health succubus!). My time was in access of 50 minutes doing similar routes so it's definitely too long for me yet. Mp5 is seeming pretty perfect for me though with time and leg amounts. I really dont' care too much about paragoning or I'd be doing MP2 with a hellfire like last month.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/31/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
The title of the thread should have been is there any point to farming lower mp.

Here is what I am experiencing on mp 0 with 350% mf

The route I take is:

Core of Arreat
Tower level 1
Arreat crater level 2
Rakkis crossing
Fields of Slaughter
Keep depths level2
skyrcrown

With blizzard and 284k dps buffed, here are my last two runs

Run 1
Time 15:26 Total exp 18.3m
Elite kills 48
Trash kills 1352
0 Legendaries

Run 2
Time 15:11 Total exp 18.1m
Elite kills 54
Trash 1373
1 legendary at the end of the run

My dps is OP for mp 0 even running a blizzard build but I don't want trash dying when I am still running 3 screen lengths way since the legendary ping on the mini map appears to disappear if the legendary is further than the screen you are looking at plus one screen which you cannot see. Most trash dies as I am running past them before they ever get off the screen so I am fairly certain that I am not missing any legendaries. It is typical that I find only one legendary in 3 runs or one about every 50m exp. That works out to about one very 45 minutes. Definitely only doing these low level runs until I hit paragon 80 and max my mf. Even the rares are aweful. If I manage to find any ilvl 63, it is almost a certainty that it will not have 6 affix's. Most I pick up only have 4.
Reply Quote
My data is extremely preliminary so far but...

MP8
Route : Alkaiser + Rakkis Bridge + Stonefort/KB
Time (Including Inventory Management) : 34:10 per run on average
XP: ~19m per run (33.5m per hour) unbuffed, no ruby or hellfire.
Legendaries : 1.25 per run (2.20 per hour)

My MF is not quite maxed (34 below, or 5% relative effectiveness less), and my dps feels a little too low yet for MP8. Going to do 30-40 more runs to firm up my results then switch to MP7 and compare.

do you have white/elite counts?
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 12:14 PMPosted by KillerElite
The title of the thread should have been is there any point to farming lower mp.

I don't run fraps so take this as a grain of salt but I simply find MP10 to be just terrible. MP8 should be the max farm. This much is obvious but I thought because of the guaranteed bonus item it would provide at least some benefit but it really just doesn't seem to be there. I got 1 leg after 50 minutes (my run was 53 minutes) and 3 deaths doing MP10 alakiezer + keeps 3, course it was a lvl 60 baelfire caster auto brim.

so 53.76 minutes MP10 core > tod1 > crater 2 > Keeps 3 > Keeps 1 (for elite), to Keeps 2 > fields. 3 deaths and only 1 leg. Ran with Deep Freeze instead of Bone Chill because my AR is too low for MP10, without it I woulda had 8+ deaths, I get 84% ET CC so nothing does anything, complete permafreeze and it's far easier to get 5 mobs on MP10 than any other MP. 90% of my elites were with DF..if I didn't have DF on I'd just advance ahead and chain more, had to go kill em anyway mine as well break even on killing elite time or even gain.

I don't have elite kills or trash kills but I cleared all of crater 2, keeps 2&3 and fields where trash bonus should have kicked in. I might experiment with it again with a MF gem on instead of exp (since I really don't care about exp doing these type of runs/ experiments , just items). That would give me 11% off max MF (289% before MP/stacks, 614% after).
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/31/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Shand - I'd be really curious to know your MP10 experience doing a similar run and using electrify and enchantress to hit 3 aps. If I had your gear I'd probably just do MP10 lol. But the smarter way is probably going to be sticking with your MP8..just curious. One run can't hurt and might get lucky! Max luck = max possibilities..efficiency =/= luck.

Aww damn n/m, you already geared aps down..still with much more CC nowadays you should still get good results I'd imagine - better than everyone here!
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 12/31/2012 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Masterjay, you have inspired me to farm nothing but mp10 after I hit the MF cap in the next 7.2 paragon levels. I already know mp 0 sucks balls. It would be nice to see what the opposite end of the spectrum has in store. Unfortunately, it is going to take me another week of playing to hit the MF cap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]