Diablo® III

Is there any point to farming higher mp?

[quote]
A 'full clear' as you say would consist of roughly...

40 elite packs
2000 white mobs

So in MP1...

5 * 3.5 + 35 * 4.5 = 175 items from elites
2000 * 0.1 = 200 items from whites
2000 * 0.3 * 0.01 = 6 bonus items

I don't think this changes your overall result, but I wish to fully understand the math.

Why is the bonus items factor 0.01 instead of 0.1? I thought it was 10% per MP. Is that not right?

Thank you for taking a formalized, quantitative approach.
Reply Quote
It's 1% at mp1.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/
Reply Quote
Aha, thanks! I'm sorry I sidetracked the discussion by flubbing that :)
Reply Quote
I like this thread.
Reply Quote
boing
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 1/5/2013 2:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Numbers...
Reply Quote
so further testings are still being undertaken?

i don't have any numbers to show or data but since acquiring buri for my scoundrel, mp4 is a total faceroll with 303k in archon. mp3 is the new mp0 for me now. i never bother with any other places actually, just core-tod1-toc1, stack, go straight to keeps 3 then 2 then repeat.
Reply Quote
If you have the dps to do higher MPs then you should. If you kill everything before full windup then youre wasting a lot of potential DPS. The increased magic find and extra item drop make it worth it. At MP10 youre getting double the drops from white mobs.

I don't think theres any point to doing mp10 with less than 300k dps though. Which is why I dont understand why some people are going for mitigation instead of dps. I die 1-3 times per run on MP7 with glass cannon.

A few streamers had a 10 hour legendary farming competition today -- A CM wizard(340k dps), monk, and barb -- all lvl 100. Wiz and monk did mp10 while the barb did MP5. I think the barb got 32, wiz 31, and monk 29. They had a competition last week too and the results were pretty similar -- around 3 legendaries per hour.
Reply Quote
A few streamers had a 10 hour legendary farming competition today -- A CM wizard(340k dps), monk, and barb -- all lvl 100. Wiz and monk did mp10 while the barb did MP5. I think the barb got 32, wiz 31, and monk 29. They had a competition last week too and the results were pretty similar -- around 3 legendaries per hour.

I'm getting 3 legendaries an hour in MP8 at only 220k dps though (and not even quite max MF yet). I'm of a firm opinion than MP10 is never obtainable to 'farm' for efficiency even by the best possible SNS. You can just never get enough dps for it to be better than MP9.

As I get more and more data it seems like I have been slightly over-reaching on MP. I can say with absolute certainty now that at <150k you should not be doing anything past MP7. I think as I get more data (this is going to be a very long, ongoing project), we can narrow it down further. That number may get very high. I'm not entirely convinced that I am even more efficienct in MP8 than MP7 at 220k dps.

Numbers are too preliminary to go that far yet however.

Just did "Alkazier" run on MP7:

Core - Tower Damned 1 - Tower cursed 1 - Arreat 2 - Keeps 2 - Korsik - Rakkis

Unofficial Time = 14 mins

Did you do the full rakkis bridge or just fields of slaughter? Seems really fast lawl.
Edited by Shandlar#1961 on 1/4/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Aimless
Numbers...

01/04/2013 09:35 PMPosted by Shandlar
Did you do the full rakkis bridge or just fields of slaughter? Seems really fast lawl.

Didn't check the numbers, I can do another run and check the numbers next time after the video.

Korsik WP - big circle.

Rakkis WP - down to Korisk enterance
Reply Quote
Korsik WP - big circle.

Ahh ok, I take my time and do full clears of fields of slaughter (these mobs are all EXTREMELY high bonus item droppers, skipping all the tremors and malachors).

Was wondering lol. My MP7 runs take around 17 minutes, 18 or 19 with ID time. I've been adding stonefort into my runs for testing purposes however. After 50 runs of MP8 vs MP7 with that pathing I'm going to pull stonefort out and see what effect that has.
Reply Quote
Korsik WP - big circle.

Ahh ok, I take my time and do full clears of fields of slaughter (these mobs are all EXTREMELY high bonus item droppers, skipping all the tremors and malachors).

Was wondering lol. My MP7 runs take around 17 minutes, 18 or 19 with ID time. I've been adding stonefort into my runs for testing purposes however. After 50 runs of MP8 vs MP7 with that pathing I'm going to pull stonefort out and see what effect that has.

I also like FOS, I do a pretty good clearing out that level most of the time.

I usually do stonefort as well, but thought "alkazier" run, so just stuck with the stripped down version.

You'll see in the video, its not 100% clear in all zones but its pretty close and i'm not going out of my way to get anything.
Reply Quote
Your making me want to run glass cannon =(...

I dont think I have the crit chance for it. 2.77 and 62.5 isn't going to be a strong enough freeze without evo if i'm using bone chill...hmmm

I just need a new source. 10-12k more dps and another 9k from paragon. I wanna find a pathing/MP combination and get enough dps to do said pathing/mp combination for a full 4 legendaries an hour average.

Going to be tough, but I'll find it.
Reply Quote
Shand, try running deep freeze, works especially well in the areas we farm.

Almost always 100 percent up-time due to mob sizes we encounter, and since we're only 1 percent off in CC, you'll be at about 80 percent CC when DF is on. The crits are quite sickening :)
Reply Quote
so loot wise, you guys been getting anything worthy?
Reply Quote
Your making me want to run glass cannon =(...

I dont think I have the crit chance for it. 2.77 and 62.5 isn't going to be a strong enough freeze without evo if i'm using bone chill...hmmm

I just need a new source. 10-12k more dps and another 9k from paragon. I wanna find a pathing/MP combination and get enough dps to do said pathing/mp combination for a full 4 legendaries an hour average.

Going to be tough, but I'll find it.

Ffs if you run MP 7, GC all the way. You kill them so fast your skills don't need to reset many times, Evo is not really that good in MP 7 with your stats compared to GC.

And yeah, DF is good, really good. You should try it with GC, sick.
Reply Quote
I have to get a large 'baseline' first with a big enough sample size as to be considered accurate changing as little as possible. Then I can try to start adjusting one thing at a time and do a 10 run average to look for significant changes from the baseline.

Going to eventually attempt to test both time bomb and deep freeze in both MP7 and MP8 to see if an average of 10 runs is significantly faster or slower. I only really get 3-5 runs in a day however, so this is a month+ of data gathering.

My eventual goal is hopefully to get MP8 runs down to a leasurely 28 minutes or so at 575 MF. If deep freeze makes that an obtainable goal at a lower base dps than bone chill I'll be all for it. I'm just not sure if fighting a constant 12 second timer is going to be any fun. If I wanted to constantly be 'hurry hurry, fast, faster, mach schnel!' all the time while farming I'd be a 500k teleport archon in MP2.
Reply Quote

I'm getting 3 legendaries an hour in MP8 at only 220k dps though (and not even quite max MF yet). I'm of a firm opinion than MP10 is never obtainable to 'farm' for efficiency even by the best possible SNS. You can just never get enough dps for it to be better than MP9.

As I get more and more data it seems like I have been slightly over-reaching on MP. I can say with absolute certainty now that at <150k you should not be doing anything past MP7. I think as I get more data (this is going to be a very long, ongoing project), we can narrow it down further. That number may get very high. I'm not entirely convinced that I am even more efficienct in MP8 than MP7 at 220k dps.

Numbers are too preliminary to go that far yet however.

340k is enough for MP10. He kills most elites in 15 seconds. He runs crystal shell, conflag, and meteor though.

I think 120k-130k is fine for MP7. I have 130k buffed with glass cannon and electrified. At MP6 I barely get wound up before white mobs die. If you kill them immediately theres no point in SNS really. We dont move fast. Might as well drop down a few more levels, run archon and melt everything.
Reply Quote
I have to get a large 'baseline' first with a big enough sample size as to be considered accurate changing as little as possible. Then I can try to start adjusting one thing at a time and do a 10 run average to look for significant changes from the baseline.

Going to eventually attempt to test both time bomb and deep freeze in both MP7 and MP8 to see if an average of 10 runs is significantly faster or slower. I only really get 3-5 runs in a day however, so this is a month+ of data gathering.

My eventual goal is hopefully to get MP8 runs down to a leasurely 28 minutes or so at 575 MF. If deep freeze makes that an obtainable goal at a lower base dps than bone chill I'll be all for it. I'm just not sure if fighting a constant 12 second timer is going to be any fun. If I wanted to constantly be 'hurry hurry, fast, faster, mach schnel!' all the time while farming I'd be a 500k teleport archon in MP2.

You don't need to hit monsters to trigger DF. If you hit 1 monster and 4 barrels, DF is triggered. Much less pressure.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 11:46 PMPosted by novice
You don't need to hit monsters to trigger DF. If you hit 1 monster and 4 barrels, DF is triggered. Much less pressure.

Wow, that changes everything lol. All those 8x table rooms in keeps can be used to re-up deep freeze? You really got me thinking now... Deep freeze gives me like 16.7% boost to paper dps atm, but 15% more cc means more CM, likely meaning a higher multiplier as well. Even a very small multiplier increase would quickly mean at least a 5% higher bonus than bone chill.

Boozer doing the MP7 run so fast is probably proof enough tbh. I'm still going to be disceplined and wait for a large enough sample size of my current set up though before changing anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]