Diablo® III

125k DPS- Need advice on going higher.

For anyone that cares to help out or give some advice I would appreciate it. I feel like I have pretty decent gear and I dont understand how some people can have 300k dps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vladded-1374/hero/4044937
Reply Quote
What are you trying to do here? Archon or CM? You are all over the place with gear
Reply Quote
Getting character sheet 200K+ dps should only be important to you if you're working on an Archon build. Making a choice about your playstyle (Archon, CM, Kite or some mixed hybrid) should be the first decision to make as this will define the gear choices and result in effective gameplay.

Strictly aiming for a DPS figure is a little backwards, in my opinion. :)

Looking at your profile you have skill selections for CM/WW/Nova but your gear appears more directed towards an Archon build. So the first question is what's fun for you?

So before getting into gear suggestions why don't you post the playstyle that's fun for you?
Reply Quote
Are trying to build a cm/ww or an archon wizard?

You have cm skills on your profile at the moment but from your gear it looks like you are building archon.

I dont know of any full cm wizards that have 300K dps. The best have around 200K.

Archon wizards use passives and skills to get to higher dps numbers. If you use glass cannon, sparkflint, and pinpoint barrier, your sheet dps will increase dramatically.
Edit: magic weapon also.

If your going for archon, try to get more int, 1800 is a bit low.
Edited by MindsMirror#1316 on 12/28/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Okay I guess I should have specified, my apologies. I am trying to get a CMWW build going. What should I change to have more of a CMWW build? I tried using archon with the current gear and I die to easily.
Reply Quote
I dont mind using archon but it sounds to me like I have to make some changes no matter what route I go.
Reply Quote
people get 300k dps and above through GG gears. that's really it.
Reply Quote
Well I just googled and found a guy having like 340kdps so I bought some of the same gear, obviously not as perfect as his but ended up with 125k lol. Just didnt understand how 340 is even possible.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/avoid-2691/MELT/19239557
Reply Quote
Look at my gear and go from there
Reply Quote
YORI Your showing like 430k, is that with buffs? I have most of the same gear as you besides a few things. But you have 1000 more intel than I do. Also would it be worth it to get a Tals amulet? I feel like I will lose DPS if I get it.
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Vladded
YORI Your showing like 430k, is that with buffs? I have most of the same gear as you besides a few things. But you have 1000 more intel than I do. Also would it be worth it to get a Tals amulet? I feel like I will lose DPS if I get it.

Yes that's with buffs

I like my tals amulet, but if you can get a amulet with 95 CD 8.5-10 cc and 150-200 int that would be better then a tal Rasha amulet. Unless you can afford one with CC on it. A tal rash like mine would be a downgrade I'm pretty sure
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 08:14 PMPosted by YORI

Yes that's with buffs

I like my tals amulet, but if you can get a amulet with 95 CD 8.5-10 cc and 150-200 int that would be better then a tal Rasha amulet. Unless you can afford one with CC on it. A tal rash like mine would be a downgrade I'm pretty sure

how do you deal with reflect damage..?
Reply Quote
I usually run blood magic and change to a life steal weapon for RD mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]