Diablo® III

Frustration

Ok, I have hit the 2.73 breakpoint for SNS, I'm pretty good at perma freezing mobs/elites. But I am squishy and it takes me over an hour to farm ACT 3 on MP 3. I have looked upgrading my gear to more AR, armor, etc, but to keep my same offensive power I'm looking at ~30m for most pieces.

Would I be better off buying an archon set and xp'ing on mp0 to get some paragon?
Is it worth losing breakpoints to add some more survivability to my gear?
Am I at a weird point between too strong for low mp but not strong enough for anything else?
Reply Quote
View profile
yes
no 2.73 or go home (or go 60 crit 30 apoc which cost even more)
no mitgation owns all. build anything and just stand there and let them hit you at low mp, your not there.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I think? Not sure what you are trying to tell me there
Reply Quote
Lol. I don't understand the 2nd post either :/
Anyways, I believe if you go SnS build its better to do mp4-5, if you run on mp3 might as well drop to mp1 or 2 and use archon.
Archon kills super fast and you don't have to change all gears for it, usually just a nice LS black dmg weapon and that +elemental dmg off hand will do. Tals helm for extra health too plus nice crit chance. Won't cost much, cost I did it. Hehe
Reply Quote
By the way, if you check out my profile you can see, the gears we use are somewhat similar. I switch to archon for farming runs and CM freeze for uber or higher mp group runs
Reply Quote
So really just change out my weapon/offhand, the rest of my gear can stay the same, and use archon for farming?
Reply Quote
Farming MP 3 you should use Archon, or Eric's build, CM/WW is not effective there.

Awesome Eric, not troll eric. I like troll eric though :3
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Vermithrax
Would I be better off buying an archon set and xp'ing on mp0 to get some paragon?
yes

Is it worth losing breakpoints to add some more survivability to my gear?

Am I at a weird point between too strong for low mp but not strong enough for anything else?
no mitgation owns all. build anything and just stand there and let them hit you at low mp, your not there.

I will translate the last one. If you have the right amount of AR/Armour at low MP you can just stand there like you are not even there.
Reply Quote
Actually I believe in low MP just stack high DPS and blast through them, you just need adequate mitigation, kill them fast > tank them.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input guys. Gonna build an archon set, and keep my sns build for when I duo with a barb buddy.
Reply Quote
You could use more crit chance, that'll help your CM build work a lot better.
Edited by Merkyor#1711 on 12/29/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
For lower mp soloing archon is probably the cheapest way to farm / level, you just need a couple gear pieces aside from regular cm gear.

lifesteal weapon (with 1k black dps preferably) with a socket. I use a socketed wand that has 1k dps, socket, and 3% lifesteal and If i remember correctly it cost me 1-2m. You can use a lifesteal chants wand, but a black weapon with a socket / lifesteal paired with triumverate will do more dps.

Truimverate just needs high damage, high int, vit, cc. I got one for 4m with decent stats.

around 35k+ hp seems to work well for me in archon

aim for 600+ AR (after glass cannon itll drop to the 500's which is about as low as you can go before you start getting "squishy" to some of the stronger attacks).

24% movement speed is absolutely required in order to keep archon buff up. lacuni, boots, innas pants - any combo of two of those will get you to 24% ms easy.

in archon cc and IAS help reset your archon cooldown faster (as well as higher dps of course) and CD is a pure dps gain. Aim for 50+ cc, max CD you can afford, and your IAS should already be pretty high from your cm gear.

archon is relatively cheap to gear compared to CM (at least when aiming for enough dps to handle lower mp levels) so that may be your best bet for lowe mp efficient farming.

CM is great for farming, including solo farming, but archon will be much more efficient / less expensive until you can get your cm gear stats up (cc much higher, dps higher, AR / armor / HP higher).
Reply Quote
Phal, good post, good info, thank you.
Reply Quote
You have a lot of pieces with the right name but not end game stats... you could find better gear for a lot cheaper by ditching the nat set, the lacunis, etc. you need more cc for higher mp cm play, and stay at the 2.73 bp.
Reply Quote
I thought the nata's set was top tier because of the set bonus + survivability stats that came with it? At least that's what I gathered from the post that I read about building SNS.
Reply Quote

I'm at 2.52 and 58.5% crit, still, not at home.

What's wrong with me ? :/
Reply Quote
12/30/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Vermithrax
I thought the nata's set was top tier because of the set bonus + survivability stats that came with it? At least that's what I gathered from the post that I read about building SNS.

Yeah nats set is the budget way to get high CC and decent EHP at low price. There are other better options, but none is cheap, and all of them offer lower CC than the Nats setup, assuming you can find a CC Nats Ring.

12/30/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Inspy

I'm at 2.52 and 58.5% crit, still, not at home.

What's wrong with me ? :/

Hey nothing wrong, you are cool ! Who cares if you suck at CM/WW :D :D :D jk !
Edited by novice#1750 on 12/30/2012 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Inspy: Cuz you're almost at 60% cc. ;) But yeah I disagree with Aimless (always have) on 2.73aps being the make or break point for CM. For most, it's still very functional at 2.51aps. You need more cc as he's pointing out+more APoC. BUT... if you're willing though to gimp your damage a bit (which I presume Aimless considers unacceptable), Cold Snap+Prism gets you most of the way to the 2.73aps breakpoint in terms of permafreeze+resource management.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]