Diablo® III

Is Immortal King 5 piece worth it?

Just curious as to what people think about the IK set.

I do love the fury regen which prevents fury from decaying while moving group to group.

However, I'm quite certain that you can get much better stats by not running the set ( unless by some chance you had 5 perfect rolled IK armor pieces - not counting weapon since it sucks )

So is it worth it to have the 5 pc bonus or not?
Reply Quote
I ran with it for a while. Not worth it. You get way more fury gen from nadoes or your primary fury generator. And you need to dump and gen fury to keep WoTB up, not just prevent decay.

If you really need the fury gen (for example, you don't have a good primary fury generator) then go for it. Otherwise, over rated. I'm sure many will disagree.
Reply Quote
It depends on your goals:

If your goal is to do perma-WotB on low MPs, then 5pc is fine. It allows you to go further and faster between packs making your runs more efficient with less chance of dropping wrath.

If your goal is to do efficient farming of high MPs, and farm for keys/ubers, then it doesn't make sense. You have to give up WAY too much dps and ehp, which are both very important for high MPs. Furthermore, there are several parts of key runs where perma-wotb is virtually impossible, sort of defeating the point.
Edited by freakinjstu#1760 on 12/31/2012 4:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've been using 5 IK for a long time. If I was only going to do ubers, I would replace boots with Ice Climbers and helm with CC Mempo. For other stuff, I prefer 5 IK. It's a long explanation that comes down to stability. I enjoy the game more when I always have fury and when I don't die. 5 IK goes a long way in both departments.

For people on a small budget, 5 IK does not make sense. You will get a lot more for your money with rare gloves, Mempo or Andy's helm, and Ice Climbers.
Reply Quote
I've been using 5 IK for a long time. If I was only going to do ubers, I would replace boots with Ice Climbers and helm with CC Mempo. For other stuff, I prefer 5 IK. It's a long explanation that comes down to stability. I enjoy the game more when I always have fury and when I don't die. 5 IK goes a long way in both departments.

For people on a small budget, 5 IK does not make sense. You will get a lot more for your money with rare gloves, Mempo or Andy's helm, and Ice Climbers.

What constitutes a small budget nowadays ?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794480821

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350164976

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200051711

Plus there are like 20+ more topics you can reference by typing "IK 5 set" into the search bar.

Don't mean to be a jerk about it....it's just that this debate has been done ad nauseum and the result is always the same: Some people love it, some people see it as unnecessary.
Reply Quote

Don't mean to be a jerk about it....it's just that this debate has been done ad nauseum and the result is always the same: Some people love it, some people see it as unnecessary.

Yeah, I just wanted to have more current info is all. [ or I was lazy... ]
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 04:48 AMPosted by Darmival

My opinion on minimum IK rolls:
You want 250+ STR or 180 STR/50 AR on helm.
You want 150+ STR and 150+ VIT on chest. (This is critical, do not buy chest with low VIT)
You want 200+ STR, hopefully VIT on belt.
You want 130+ STR, 130+ VIT on boots.
You want 170+ STR, and one other good DPS roll on gloves.

If you can't afford that level of IK, it's probably better to avoid 5 IK.
Edited by VeePow#1555 on 12/31/2012 9:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
That set is something to strive for when your growing your toon. If you are weak it will definitely be a good start. However, once achieved and you want to grow past lets say 150k DPS, you will need to let it go. You cant have full set and achieve really high DPS.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 05:32 AMPosted by VeePow

You want 250+ STR or 180 STR/50 AR on helm.
You want 150+ STR and 150+ VIT on chest. (This is critical, do not buy chest with low VIT)
You want 200+ STR, hopefully VIT on belt.
You want 130+ STR, 130+ VIT on boots.
You want 170+ STR, and one other good DPS roll on gloves.

If you can't afford that stuff, probably better to get something else.

i dont agree with these required stats. for example, u can find a 100 str, 9 ias, 45+cd witching that way out-dps just 200 str belt. it really depends on all the rolls on an item, not just str/vit/ar
Reply Quote
my bad u were probably just talking about ik...which i still disagree with using 5 piece lol
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 08:04 AMPosted by BigBaller
That set is something to strive for when your growing your toon. If you are weak it will definitely be a good start. However, once achieved and you want to grow past lets say 150k DPS, you will need to let it go. You cant have full set and achieve really high DPS.

Wrong...I have 183k unbuffed with 5 piece and SoJ.

You don't REALLY limit yourself with IK 5 set, I have it, and have assembled a fairly decent set of gear (see profile) but this guy has really hit it out of the park:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Asukasan-1606/hero/880326

Keep your 5 set, upgrade your pieces, still do insane amounts of damage.
Reply Quote
na you have 135k unbuffed.
Reply Quote
Love the 5 piece IK set. 2 of my 5 piece dropped for me. I'll be looking to changed the setup (ice climbers and Menpo) to move past mp5 speed runs. I can survive easily up to mp8 (build change) but mp5 WW skorn and IK set is great for speed and I cannot even do perma WoTB.
Reply Quote
For someone starting HOTA with a budget I think 5pc IK is a good starting point.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 09:03 AMPosted by DHammer623

Remember when I took my passives off and ran without them? Yeah, I don't either....183k unbuffed.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Wayneold

Remember when I took my passives off and ran without them? Yeah, I don't either....183k unbuffed.

QFT (quote for truth, opposed to the other meaning of this acronym)
Reply Quote
thats your dps with passives. 135k is your dps without them. check diabloprogress. how can u even argue lmao
Reply Quote
Yeah but who freakin' cares about DPS without passives? There is a reason why Weapon master and Ruthless are used so frequently. They up your DPS by huge margins.
Reply Quote
i agree with that but the meaning of unbuffed is without passives. makes it easier to compare
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]