Diablo® III

Is Immortal King 5 piece worth it?

12/31/2012 09:48 AMPosted by DHammer623
thats your dps with passives. 135k is your dps without them. check diabloprogress. how can u even argue lmao

With passives IS unbuffed. That is why they are called passives in the first place. If a passive was considered a buff, then they wouldnt be called passives, they would be called BUFFS.
Reply Quote
A skill buff is anything that alters your base stats. You can have an active skill buff and you can have passive skill buffs. That is the reason that diablo progress removes "passive buffs" from their dps calculations. Your base line is your character in gear with no skills.
Edited by ryans#1388 on 12/31/2012 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
I didn't mean to start this debate...look, some people prefer diabloprogress stats, some don't. If you want to get all over me because diabloprogress says something different then my stat sheet, then whatever, I have 135k dps, that wasn't supposed to be the point of my post....I was trying to say that you can still have high damage with IK 5 set and its a myth that it restricts you. Use whatever damage calculator on whatever website you want, I don't really care to be honest with you.
Reply Quote
bottom line is skills that increase dps = buffs. remove all of those and your dps is unbuffed. simple concept
Reply Quote
check all the best barb... no one use a complete IK kits...

At first I use one but I understand its suck
Reply Quote
check all the best barb... no one use a complete IK kits...

At first I use one but I understand its suck

You mean the guys on diablo progress who have no elite kills and no life steal? You think they are a good model, eh?
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Wayneold
That set is something to strive for when your growing your toon. If you are weak it will definitely be a good start. However, once achieved and you want to grow past lets say 150k DPS, you will need to let it go. You cant have full set and achieve really high DPS.

Wrong...I have 183k unbuffed with 5 piece and SoJ.

You don't REALLY limit yourself with IK 5 set, I have it, and have assembled a fairly decent set of gear (see profile) but this guy has really hit it out of the park:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Asukasan-1606/hero/880326

Keep your 5 set, upgrade your pieces, still do insane amounts of damage.

Wayneold,

Come one man DPS unbuffed is without passives. But whatever were crying over spilled milk. Lastly, I did not mean that it can not be done having a full set. But Ryoko or whatever his name is that you linked is an exception.........most people will not get those pieces. Also did you see his weapons. You cant even find those on the AH. Again always exceptions to the rule, but overall, most are not going to emulate Ryoko.
Reply Quote
Also Wayneold..........Im not saying you cant have High dps with 5 piece set. Sure you can. But it also depends on what people consider higher DPS. To get the DPS RYOKO had was not just his set. A lot and I mean a lot was due to his weapons.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 01:29 PMPosted by BigBaller
Also Wayneold..........Im not saying you cant have High dps with 5 piece set. Sure you can. But it also depends on what people consider higher DPS. To get the DPS RYOKO had was not just his set. A lot and I mean a lot was due to his weapons.

Reread your post and consider the definition on the word 'need'.....you did say it couldn't happen, its the last sentence of your post. I am just showig the possibilities that it can. Also, every high damage barb has great weapons....saying his are good and they make all his DPS just simply is not true. Also, most people can't afford a crit mempo and other high quality gear....I doubt this other guys gear is worth any more or any less then someone without 5 set and comparable DPS.

As far as damage calculations go....you use your third party site, ill use the game calculator, its all the same to me...doesn't change my performance in game.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 12/31/2012 7:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
That set is something to strive for when your growing your toon. If you are weak it will definitely be a good start. However, once achieved and you want to grow past lets say 150k DPS, you will need to let it go. You cant have full set and achieve really high DPS.

Also Wayneold..........Im not saying you cant have High dps with 5 piece set.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/1/2013 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 08:04 AMPosted by BigBaller
To be honest, I didn't have any intention of going 5 piece set originally. I was running 3 pieces already when Ender helped me out with some free gear ( at the time he said my gear was sorry.. so he tossed me free gear ) One of those items happened to be the IK Helm which put me at 4 piece.. so I figured why not and got the other 2 pieces to earn the achievement for completing a full set ( lol )

12/31/2012 09:20 AMPosted by reefhawg
Love the 5 piece IK set. 2 of my 5 piece dropped for me. I'll be looking to changed the setup (ice climbers and Menpo) to move past mp5 speed runs. I can survive easily up to mp8 (build change) but mp5 WW skorn and IK set is great for speed and I cannot even do perma WoTB.

Hell I can't do perma WOTB during Alkaizer A3 runs. I don't know why but i generate too much fury when I don't need it - but too little when I do need it.

I even tried running Boon of Bul-Kathos to lower WOTB's cooldown, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

===========================================

Random topic :

I have two barbs at level 60 ( I was leveling a second one when Blizz decided to announce Paragon Levels which sort of killed my second barb ).

One might ask why did I want 2 Barbs?

The answer was : WW farming on my main, but I also wanted a second Barb to I could mess around with other builds

Anyways, I am not a super rich guy - I have maybe 200 mill at the moment. I want to do some sort of 2-H build that doesn't even use WW. Like I want to be able to 1 shot whites at lower mp levels just by Bashing their face in or Cleaving their head asunder. Is there a strong 2-H build that could be done with 200 mill that would be able to farm at least Mp5 easily ?
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 12/31/2012 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Darmival, check my gear/build out. Pretty doable for 200m. I upgraded my weapon, but the rest I'm pretty sure was <200m. MP5 is cake. Also the Skorn I had before this one was pretty comparable, just 65% less CD.
Reply Quote
@Darmival, check my gear/build out. Pretty doable for 200m. I upgraded my weapon, but the rest I'm pretty sure was <200m. MP5 is cake. Also the Skorn I had before this one was pretty comparable, just 65% less CD.

I don't mean to sound rude but you don't even have 5000 elite kills so I'm rather hesitant to take your advice since your profile indicates you just went and bought stuff on the RMAH or were handed gear by a friend.
Reply Quote

I don't mean to sound rude but you don't even have 5000 elite kills so I'm rather hesitant to take your advice since your profile indicates you just went and bought stuff on the RMAH or were handed gear by a friend.

I'm not sure how using the RMAH would make my gear or build any less effective. Also, I have multiple accounts, this is just the one that has my CE wings :).

At any rate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jd25GL7Jw8 this is where I got the idea.

You wanted a strong 2H build that one shots trash mobs on low MP for 200m or less. I'm pretty sure this is a strong option for you.
Reply Quote
Ik 5 set may not give the highest dps per piece of armor, but the quality of life increase at least for me makes it more than worth the dps loss
Reply Quote
It's going to be damn nice in duels if you need to sprint around for a little bit.
Reply Quote
First of all passives are passive skills they are not buffs you're on buffed damage include your passives. I run with an ik set for the res i can get from it, i know i could get it elsewhere with gear but i prefer the set. I do however have other pieces I keep for uber fights that allow me to pick and choose stats for higher damage but with my set I still pull fairly decent damage it's all about how you want to run your character and how you would like to stack your stats. I run around 5.9 ls and 2.1k loh and it seems to work out ok.
Edited by Demagorgin#1199 on 1/1/2013 8:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Darmival
Hell I can't do perma WOTB during Alkaizer A3 runs. I don't know why but i generate too much fury when I don't need it - but too little when I do need it.

Perma-WotB is not a mystical phenomenon. You need 2+ APS without WotB, 50+ CC, 24% move speed, and you balance your DPS to the desired MP so that trash dies after a couple seconds of standing in tornadoes. Dump fury when you're maxed by spamming BR/sprint. Do the Alkaizer route and voila, perma-WotB.
Reply Quote
the best way to perma wotb is with a mighty weapon.
Reply Quote
01/01/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Lorenze
the best way to perma wotb is with a mighty weapon.

I don't always farm MP1, but when I do... I use a Mighty Weapon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]