Diablo® III

Is Immortal King 5 piece worth it?

5 Piece IK is definitely noticeable but mostly if you are low MP farming, once you are in high mp with decent gear I think rage generation is the least of your worries. I think at least 3 of the pieces are good options at most gear levels (Helm/Chest/Belt) it's the Gloves and the Boots for me that there always seemed to be better options for cheaper. It is going to be expensive to get damage up on the gloves and there are usually superior options for boots as well (Ice Climbers, Zunimassa Trail), though not as big of a deal as the gloves.

I would say if you are talking about high MP/ubers, then no I do not believe it is worth it as you should be able to keep WoTB without the bonus, if you can't keep WoTB up then it is a crit/attack speed problem not a problem that 5pc IK will solve.

At low MP I think the set is extremely worthwhile because rage generation becomes a major issue as you one shot everything. The damage lost isn't a big deal at low mp and even some ehp loss is not a big deal. Some builds won't work well without the 5 piece IK.
Reply Quote

I'm not sure how using the RMAH would make my gear or build any less effective. Also, I have multiple accounts, this is just the one that has my CE wings :).

The point I was trying to make was that I believed someone with <5k elite kills shouldn't give advice due to a lack of significant farming experience.

01/01/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Aracknid
the best way to perma wotb is with a mighty weapon.

I don't always farm MP1, but when I do... I use a Mighty Weapon.

Ya, I need to shop for a decent one that isnt overly expensive
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/2/2013 2:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
The point I was trying to make was that I believed someone with <5k elite kills shouldn't give advice due to a lack of significant farming experience.

Well I have 5k elite kills now :) don't take my word for it, check out that dudes video on youtube, he uses the build for MP10 ubers, but I don't feel like doing ubers for crap rings so I do vault runs on MP5 and I'm having a pretty easy time.

It's what you asked for:
  • 2h
  • no WW
  • one shot trash mobs
  • 200m budget
  • farms MP5 easily
  • Edited by Reks#1411 on 1/2/2013 4:22 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Well I have 5k elite kills now :) don't take my word for it, check out that dudes video on youtube, he uses the build for MP10 ubers, but I don't feel like doing ubers for crap rings so I do vault runs on MP5 and I'm having a pretty easy time.

It's what you asked for:
  • 2h
  • no WW
  • one shot trash mobs
  • 200m budget
  • farms MP5 easily

• Fair enough. I wasn't trying to be rude.
    Reply Quote
    01/02/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Darmival
    Fair enough. I wasn't trying to be rude.

Just trying to help ya find what you want. I should also mention that once I switched from WW to HotA, my enjoyment factor went way up. Results may vary though ;)
    Reply Quote
    01/02/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Reks
    Fair enough. I wasn't trying to be rude.

Just trying to help ya find what you want. I should also mention that once I switched from WW to HotA, my enjoyment factor went way up. Results may vary though ;)

I play online with a dude that uses Skorn HoTA on MP7 or 8. Our DPS is about the same 200-250K buffed, I duel wield with pretty fast AS, he is slow with Skorn. He crits at 1 to 1.5M, it's sick, mine are no where near that. If I did not find the setup clunky and slow I would def. use it.

I use the IK 5 pc set with unforgiving and max MF gear to speed farm alk runs with no fury issues. I also use that setup to help people level up and anything MP0-2ish. For everything else I switch to my higher DPS rend build. I like having the 2 setups and the abilty to change it up.
    Reply Quote
    It helps alot in xp farming...you get fury for sprint every 5 second.
    Reply Quote

You realize some aren't on their first /only account?
    Stop inspecting players and looknig at their profile. It has nothing to do with the validity of their statement.

Yes, but going by the odds the vast majority of players actually only have 1 copy of D3.

at any rate im putting off the 2h build due to any decent dps/str/lifesteal skorn is too expensive in my opinion considering the other -Hota cost gear I would also need to buy.
    Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/2/2013 5:02 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    @ Demagorgin

I just looked at your barb's gear and saw you are using the BK set. Is it actually any good or are you doing it for looks?

I'm curious because, like I said earlier in the thread, that I was going to pick up a Mighty Weapon. I ended up buying a BK-Warrior's Blood ( I used to own one a few months back ). Tonight I kind of got bored and looked for gear procs for my Templar to do.

This led to thinking about proc effects on my Barb........ so I impulse bought a BK-Solemn Vow, lol.

Did I waste my gold being stupid or can the set be effective / comparable to someone using a Mace/Axe for Weapons Master ?

Thanks
    Edited by Darmival#1276 on 1/3/2013 4:56 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    @ Darmival

The BK set depends on how your other gear stats float in comparison to what you pick of BK will bring to the table, my gear and weapons were carefully chosen to compliment each other. it is all a matter of personal preference, you could get much more damage out of a selecion of non set weapons but i like mine i see a big difference in damage and life regen with the ww it does which imo procs fairly often. but its very easy to get taken advantage of when purchasing BK weapons so choose wisely.
    Reply Quote
    01/03/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Demagorgin
    you could get much more damage out of a selecion of non set weapons but i like mine i see a big difference in damage and life regen with the ww it does which imo procs fairly often. but its very easy to get taken advantage of when purchasing BK weapons so choose wisely.

Thanks for the answer. I LIKE the set, but like you said - you can get much higher damage with a different set-up. Luckily I managed to re-sell the Solemn Vow at an 11million profit ( which covers the cost of Warrior's Blood if I have bad luck selling it )
    Reply Quote
    12/31/2012 05:32 AMPosted by VeePow
    What constitutes a small budget nowadays ?

My opinion on minimum IK rolls:
    You want 250+ STR or 180 STR/50 AR on helm.
    You want 150+ STR and 150+ VIT on chest. (This is critical, do not buy chest with low VIT)
    You want 200+ STR, hopefully VIT on belt.
    You want 130+ STR, 130+ VIT on boots.
    You want 170+ STR, and one other good DPS roll on gloves.

If you can't afford that level of IK, it's probably better to avoid 5 IK.

Lower str gloves are fine with ias. More than makes up for the lower str.
    Reply Quote

Lower str gloves are fine with ias. More than makes up for the lower str.

Using stats as an example

100 str / 9% IAS Ik Gloves VERSUS a 175+str / any other mod

I would personally argue that the IAS gloves are actually probably better.
    The IAS lets you hit more, thus proccing more Fury and Healing per second.
    Reply Quote
    @Demagogin
    Nice gear set up:) ...
    only because you geared very similar to me. haha

Seriously, stats wise pretty much the same. 2.1k loh, 5.9 ls, resist, strength, vit. cd.

And look at that unity ring lol.... how the hell that happen.
    Edited by Axis#1247 on 1/15/2013 3:53 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    All these other barbs with 5 piece IK gives me such a warm feeling :)
    Reply Quote
    @Fizzlesprig i like ur setup u have there..

is weapon throw ur fury generator?
    if i were to try make that work for me.. would i need similar gear as u?

i see ur -5 cost belt/ ik 5set/ unforgiving passive/ and a mighty weapon with weapon master passive.. all of wich assist in fury generation..

do u think i would need to gear the same? or can it be done without 1 or 2 of the above?
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    I use the set cause I hate losing fury to stops me from attacking. There is no down side on the set except you lose attack speed on belt, helm, and gloves...

It provides high melee defensive and fast fury generation. You can get more dps if you give up the full set, but you can have 200k without much problem by getting nice rings and ammy.
    Reply Quote
    @Fizzlesprig i like ur setup u have there..

is weapon throw ur fury generator?
    if i were to try make that work for me.. would i need similar gear as u?

i see ur -5 cost belt/ ik 5set/ unforgiving passive/ and a mighty weapon with weapon master passive.. all of wich assist in fury generation..

do u think i would need to gear the same? or can it be done without 1 or 2 of the above?

You can make it work without unforgiving, but the rest are needed.

With a -5 throw belt and weapon master + IK set giving +5 fury per target hit, my weapon throws are completely free as long as i hit something lol. So yes it's my fury generator because of into the fray.

I just like unforgiving as well because it allows me to keep up perma sprint as well while i'm DPSing for another +12% dodge without any problems, and sprint endlessly while out of combat.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]