Diablo® III

MY NEW STUN BUILD FOR UBERS

5K dps with SS and sledgefist, 22kdps dual wield 1100dps fist and sledge attack speed 2.87 with attack speed aura (overawe is not my fav aura increased speed works just as well if not better) 60khp 55% stun 25%ish crit ...

I've met plenty of !@#$%^-s like you and I do fine without you in my party, theres never been a time I couldn't kill all the ubers and everyone who plays with me friends me and wants to use me again for future runs so until you see me in action and what my cc skills are like you can't judge me appropriately. If you wanna dismiss a good player without even trying him out good for you man kinda foolish but w/e. I even try out people who I don't think they can carry thier weight and I do get suprised sometimes.

And yea my dps is low as *!@# but I survive to res people and can tank an uber fine by myself so I carry more than my own weight. You think a healer in Wow is gonna do DPS? $%^- no thats not his role Diablo 3 gameplay is not ALL dps and that is why the monk is hardly used by people because they don't understand a defensive healing / stun build.

My stunlock monk is epic your loss if you wanna go with the crowd and play with a gay wiz or the easy as *!@# classes at least monks are a challenging character to build with offensive/defensive variety.
Reply Quote
and just because I don't use overawe doesnt make me a noob, your the noob for not exploring the character! they have all those different auras and you are only ever going to use 1.... lame.

useful auras: Thorns w/ stun, thorns with att speed, increased res healing aura, life on hit aura... different auras for different types of gameplay farming keys or ubers.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 09:20 AMPosted by mrpags
and just because I don't use overawe doesnt make me a noob, your the noob for not exploring the character!

no need to go bash on overawe mate, you dont like it thats fine, but u cant just call all of us who uses overawe nubs.
Reply Quote
I've been using a Sledge Fist in my stun build for ages. I have plenty more than 5K DPS though, I find it useful in terms of having a bit of LS on my mainhand. It's certainly not HIGH DPS but it's something, I think when buffed with Blazing Wrath (which let's be honest, is pretty much always), I'm doing around the 50K mark, maybe a bit less, but if I use a WKL, the EDPS is quite a bit higher. For extra stun, I use my Butcher's Sickle. 20% chance to stun with Sickle, 42% chance to stun wtih Sledge. Whites are perma stun (I love giant groups of whites, makes me laugh), and elites/ubers are stunned for the majority of the time. Build is great, even my CM wiz friend was impressed with the crowd control I'm capable of, especially when paired with Cyclone Strike - Implosion. I can see tons of potential for PvP (even if we're only getting Duel....).
Reply Quote
I agree I have done lots of tweaking and it just gets better and better, I added blackthorns ammy and boots for huge vit boost, attack speed on ammy and LOH on ammy with a socket. SS gives me huge survivability but the shenlongs fist of whatever it is with the 950LOH does work quit well for the extra dps + constant life leach, however still cant stand in molten lava without dieing pretty fast and my DH with the !@#$nig life leach wings can just sit there and hammer away and never die. Scattered blows deadly reach probably my fave for main hand attack for this one main reason... its AOE, so enemies behind you get stunned too, and enemies pretty much within 10 yards any direction get stunned. I find any time I use a non-fist weapon my attack speed suffers too much, no fun. Then when using cyclone strike I tend to block myself in, in every direction.... that usually kills me because I swapped that out for my knockback attack so I cant really run around and let my cooldowns reset and reheal and all but I think ultimately I am going to take away cyclone strike, and altogether replace my secondary attack with blinding flash with the extended blind duration just because it seems like better CC and its not considered a stun so when the ubers max out on stun I can blind them until stun kicks back in and they don't attack anyone while blinded quite nice.

And no one should be offended by what I say unless you are closed minded and only stick with one aura like overawe, not bashing people who use it im bashing people who dont try out other builds because being close minded is foolish
Reply Quote
@mrpags, are you willing to demo the stun lock on MP2 Diablo?
I've never owned or used a sledge fist, so I'll love to see it in action.
Reply Quote
You don't need a shield...man oh man.

Any of these are great

Sledge Fist + Azurewrath
Azurewrath + EF
Azurewrath+ WKL
Sledge Fist + WKL
Sledge Fist+Azurerwath

I can keep going but you get the point if you are hell bent on "stunning or freezing UBERS" in general...
Reply Quote
Ok guys I know I have switched up my gear quite a bit, but go look at my current setup on my page with gear, this i think is my new fav.

Shenlong's fist set
witching hour belt for ias and damage inc.
innas pants and chest
blackthorns boots and ammy
epic shoulders
9ias 10 crit gloves + stats
hellfire ring + attack speed ring with 3.5 crit

teleporting fist skill with cyclone strike with agility wind walls
overawe(party members really do prefer this)
blind with damage increase
heal with damage increase
sanctuary with extended shield time

extra spirit passive
dual wield increase dodge 15% (46% total now)
OwE

I only use sledgefist now with combo SS to take on reflect damage bosses/elites
I get plenty of dps, survivability with my LOH set and attack speed.

and yes, i can take mp2 diablo solo with my ss and sledgefist but it takes forever lol. mp2 ez.
Reply Quote
That's a very interesting support build you got there. :) Perfect for locking enemies or players in PVP. I'm worried however about the stun/impairment immunity that will pile up with too much stun-locking.

You should try making a video of your build with some sample gameplay, so that we can view it on youtube. :)
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 1/5/2013 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Question. So.. stunn build, kk, but no dps so.... um. I get the whole idea behind it. But just go with a cm wiz, that why you don't hit enrage and don't go splat.

Winning.
Reply Quote
@mrpags, I didn't ask if you can handle Diablo MP2. I asked if you're willing to demo in game, so that I can see your stun-lock in action. Simple question, looking for simple reply. Willing, or not?

Cheers.
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Narcolepsy
Question. So.. stunn build, kk, but no dps so.... um. I get the whole idea behind it. But just go with a cm wiz, that why you don't hit enrage and don't go splat.

having both CM wiz and stun monk on the team is a plus. Specially when the stun monk and CM wiz can deal dmg as well. There is also 1 good thing bout stun mnk versus wiz. Monk's stun is actually a ranged atk, so u can stun monsters further away, such as ranged leets standing behind, or fat dudes trying to shield your champ pack, or ubers across the room from the one u r fighting. It takes some aiming, but is fun. :)

As for sledgefist stun monk.... not sure, never used it, but i suspect it has the same advantage as the bells, if you use thunderclap. You can teleport to the back with TC, swap ubers in a fight and alternate stun both...... till their resist comes on of coz.
Reply Quote
I'm going to make a video for you all on my gameplay so you can see the perks to having a stun monk over a CM wiz. First reason is because theres too many cm wiz's out there and more people need to learn about this build because it does have its advantages such as cyclone strike (I stand in time bubble and cyclone strike mobs into the cm wiz attack area). I do manage to do some dps around 45k after all buffs and it is decent for key runs and it does help a little but here is the thing, diablo 3 gameplay is different, it is team based and each member of the team has a different roll, and in a 4 person group you have a good tank / cc another tank / cc and 2x DPS. One of the tanks/CC should do pretty good DPS. The monk is the only character that isn't set up to do insane damage like a wiz or DH. It is a well rounded part of the team that is rather essential and has more than earned its part of the team.
Mp2 Diablo Video coming soon, hopefully a ubers gampeplay vid too!
Reply Quote
Just killed MP2 Diablo Solo. Used DPS Shenlong's fist to start killing with DPS until past clones, then on the final stretch used Sledgefist and SS (SS is vital to reduce damage greatly and also gives some base DPs) Without stun attack diablo spams a lot of DPS so to be safe, SS and sledge to finish him off, keep him stunlocked and then when he does manage to immune stunlock just use blind with extended blind duration and by the time thats over you will be stunning again because blind is not stun. I also use sanctuary with extended duration so i can just stand there in fire and kill, and lastly cyclone strike does not pull bosses but it does for about 2 sec increase my dodge up to 47% which is also pretty vital incombo wiht my passive dual wield dodge ability which would have increased dodge even more but SS is pretty mandatory for SOLO tanking. Video will be rendered soon! Will post youtube gameplay link when ready.
Reply Quote
@mrpags sounds great! looking forward to view it.
Reply Quote
Just finished the editing my friend is taking a bunch of D3 samples to make a soundtrack for it in fruity loops should be ballin. Will post youtube address when finished.
Reply Quote
Tbh i can kill Diablo MP7 (maybe higher, haven't tried for like 3 weeks or so) with just FoT Quickening and the Stun Bells...

so you havent achived so much.
________________________________________________________________________________
Acronyms and their meaning: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004698754
The new way of making every Legendary viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7199033719
Idea: White/Blue Items and Crafting Fix: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7167576791
Monk Build: The Dual Wielded Lawn Mower: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415641623
Reply Quote
FYI someone asked me to do MP2 so I did. Are you asking me to do MP8? Don't come in here tryin to shyt on me in my post without sayin anything else. don't u think I know MP2 is low compared to 10? The point is only to prove that the build is strong enough to do ubers not how long you can waste your time in MP7 to prove a point I play for efficiency and MP5 is pretty fast without dieing at all. Don't pretend you know shyt just cause you read stuff on a thread, 1/2 the playability is skill regardless of gear.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 09:04 AMPosted by mrpags
FYI someone asked me to do MP2 so I did. Are you asking me to do MP8? Don't come in here tryin to shyt on me in my post without sayin anything else. don't u think I know MP2 is low compared to 10? The point is only to prove that the build is strong enough to do ubers not how long you can waste your time in MP7 to prove a point I play for efficiency and MP5 is pretty fast without dieing at all. Don't pretend you know shyt just cause you read stuff on a thread, 1/2 the playability is skill regardless of gear.

On Ubers the highest MP you can do without dieing to them is the most efficient way simply because you don't want to waste to many machines just to get an organ. Sure you will take more time killing them but that time may save you keyfarming time. I was simply pointing out that this Build is actually not as good as you think since i can achive the stun lock without specific gear but just with 2 skills.
________________________________________________________________________________
Acronyms and their meaning: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004698754
The new way of making every Legendary viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7199033719
Idea: White/Blue Items and Crafting Fix: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7167576791
Monk Build: The Dual Wielded Lawn Mower: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415641623
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJs9brPxfpM

Yup you're right man, Blizzard should just erase every character from D3 except the wiz yup thats great. But why not play the most popular class and just go with the flow and be a @@@@##@ wizard like everyone else.... just sayin... at least try and explore other options. No one would release a video game with only one or two characters worth playing... like here lets just fkin overpower the wiz and just add other characters for looks? I don't think so man, to each his own I don't care what anyone says, when PVP comes out my monk is gonna eat you guys for breakfast!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]