Diablo® III

You don't have the Right.... To be Angry...

TL;DR

Blizzard you disgust me! You could have turned out pretty much a better game but seemed to cater way out in the retard boondocks. I would have loved to return my game for refund.
Reply Quote
Total agree with op.
I wanted so much to LOVE this game. There is actually so much to love, but also there are just so many frustrations and obstacles that "blow the bubble" I can't.
And I don't mean the way every time you're in town for more than about 5 seconds the merc starts in with that "Surely there is SOMEONE who could use our aid" WHINING and you can't just SHOOT HIM IN THE HEAD...
I mean hassles like the op listed. I know this has been covered but it is my most hated: the way in melee combat half the time when you click an enemy you watch your character simply run to the other side of the thing (taking hits all the while). It just makes me want to quit and go do something else. Ranged chars have the space key, but if I use that in close the things stay just out of range and I'm fanning them with a cool breeze. I can think of at least three ways other games allowed targeting without this idiocy. One I remember fondly used a key to highlight first the nearest enemy, then pressed again would highlight other enemies. The player could then click to attack without needing to click "on" it.
Another simply would be to add "IF OnClick Cursor is 5 pixels from hostile sprite THEN Click=OnHostile". (Or whatever syntax is needed.)

This kind of thing just removes me from the fantasy. It's like sitting in the theater and suddenly, randomly, they pause the movie in mid-scene, so you could go to the snack bar. It would be very hard to get lost in the action. It would be very hard to get me back to that theater.
Edited by Thorson#1725 on 1/8/2013 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just realized something ...

I'm back to university now and working as well. While doing all that and then looking at the forums makes every complainer feel like such a loser. I complained as well but now it seems like such a waste of time. This is a video game. Its their video game. If it improves, good; I'll play it whenever I have free time for like 1 hr max. People with lives can't be bothered with listening to whiners complaining about a video game.
This is what I think the CMs feel too. They simply don't have time for this nonsense.

Just play other games and stop wasting time writing long complaints on forums. (in guilty of that too but now that im busy, it seemed so silly to care about a video game like that)

Wrong thread to post on Duder...Not so much about whining just a whole lot of evidence to support the claim that Blizz screwed over their fan base for profits.

Your right it is Blizz's game, you would think they would want to do their fans that have supported it and them by waiting over a decade for it to come out by doing the game and said fans justice.

Oh well, like you said you don't play so why are you even posting?
Edited by OwnerBoner#1629 on 1/8/2013 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Now that we've established the time line of events by which Blizzard let us down, let's start the healing.

I came across this today, which might help:

http://io9.com/5974214/how-to-deal-with-all-the-stages-of-fan-letdown

• 1. Denial: As someone who vividly recalls trying (and failing) to play on launch day, my denial phase was brief. Yes, Blizzard really, truly, let us down here.
  • 2. Blame: Yes, he was the leader, and yes, he does bear a burden of responsibility here... but no, the blame shouldn't fall entirely on JW, nor will firing him instantly make things better. I don't love you, Jay, but neither did I hate you, and I still don't.
  • 3. Depression: Even when the game did start working again, it was hard to enjoy any of it. All I could see were the problems. I even stopped playing entirely, for months (TL2 does a lot right that D3 did wrong, BTW, but that's a whole 'nother thread). I still couldn't quit D3 entirely, though; I kept coming back to the forums, hoping for some sign of... well, hope. I still wanted to love this game. Hell, I still want to love this game.
  • 4. Haterade: I don't hate D3, exactly, but I have posted criticism on the forums. Not as much as some, and I tried to be eloquent and constructive, but... well, see #3. I've never derided anyone as a fanboi, though. If you love D3, then you have every right to love D3, and I applaud you for having the courage to love, and to share that love with others. Seriously. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.
  • 5. Allowances: I've recently started playing again, and... D3 ain't all bad. It's not the game I wanted, it's not the game it could be, it's not the game that I thought I'd bought, but it's not without it's charms. Por ejemplo, the graphics are gorgeous (although Magda and the Withermoths are totally out of place), and sound & music are OK, too.
    Game play is relatively smooth, given lag times and issues with online play. It still chaps my... buttocks... to die by rubberbanding, or to have my game chopped off completely because my connection to the server was "lost" (i.e. dropped by Blizzard's servers), and the occasional problem logging in entirely still makes me sigh with sadness, but it doesn't make me angry anymore. When it's working, it's not an un-fun way to pass time. When it's not... TL2...
  • I'm not angry anymore. I've even come to terms with the whole AH thing. It still bugs me that I was able to finish Normal, Nightmare, and Hell 100% self-found, but couldn't play Inferno without buying gear, and drops still suck... and I'd rather be playing Diablo than playing Auction House... but, well, folks get hooked on eBay for a reason. I still want Blizzard to finish balancing the classes (*cough* monk *cough*), although one hopes that they'd do that before launching PVP, and I don't think I'll be dropping $$ on an expansion pack, but the rage is past, and I feel so much better without it.
    Edited by Waitubold#1127 on 1/9/2013 3:39 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    I am AngryRob, and I have every right to be who I am. ;P
    Reply Quote
    Bump, I never knew they took out so many things in this game. They made the game too simple by removing some of this stuff.
    Reply Quote
    i just want to see mana fixed on the WD....thats' all
    Reply Quote
    This pretty much points out everything that lead up to me quitting this game 5months ago. This game was a huge let down from the start.

I had more fun playing the BETA.

I don't think I will come back for the expansion either.

Better get working on TITAN BLIZZARD, chop chop.

o and try not to mess that game up from the very start.
    Reply Quote
    One of the best topics I've seem so far. Congratulations for gHoSt#11305!
    Edited by doobArght#1975 on 1/10/2013 2:36 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    +
    Reply Quote
    SHOOOO-RYUKEN!

∧_∧∩ / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    ( ´∀`)/ <SHORYUKEN!
    ⊂ ノ \________
    (つ ノ
    (ノ
    ∧_∧∩ / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    ( ´∀`)/ <SHORYUKEN!
    ⊂ ノ \________
    (つ ノ
    (ノ
    ∧_∧∩ / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    ( ´∀`)/ <SHORYUKEN!
    ⊂ ノ \________
    (つ ノ
    (ノ
    ∧_∧∩ / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    ( ´∀`)/ <SHORYUKEN!
    ⊂ ノ \________
    (つ ノ
    (ノ
    ∧_∧∩ / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    ( ´∀`)/ <SHORYUKEN!
    ⊂ ノ \________
    (つ ノ
    (ノ
    ∧_∧∩ / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    ( ´∀`)/ <SHORYUKEN!
    ⊂ ノ \________
    (つ ノ
    (ノ
    Reply Quote
    23. INSANE repair costs - 1.0.3

Yah know... if you repaired EVERY TIME you went back to town or even SUSPECTED your equipment get hit, how much cheaper repair costs are....? Just thought I 'd throw that out there....
    Reply Quote
    Thank you for this thread. It's hard to not to be sad. I remember being excited at many of those things in that list as I heard of them.
    Reply Quote
    +1
    Reply Quote
    i wonder if they had charged $30 a month since launch would all these issues still occured?

i guess on the flip side to your arguement its a complex game and issues are easily pointed out and not so easily foreseen.

still i agree tho
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]