Diablo® III

You don't have the Right.... To be Angry...

That list is depressing yet true for the most part. IAS nerf was needed imo. Still, the Diablo three we have today is not the one we'd waited for. Great post OP, people need to post threads like this and brings this stuff to light instead of rolling over and accepting the D3 situation, which is a severely lacking game.
Reply Quote
If this game was pay to play, blizz would have more then just a "team" or stubborn short sighters puppeteering our gametime. Defend them all you like, the facts and examples and timeless repetition of self contradiction is abundantly obvious.
Reply Quote
Great post OP....oh what this game could have been. :-(
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
01/04/2013 04:25 AMPosted by gHoSt
This is what lead to us being upset.

Yeah....I am upset and I wont take it anymore! I am going to beat up my pillow!!

There are other things in RL to be "upset" about other than a computer game. I would substitute the word "upset" with "disgruntled" or "displeased" if that fits the criteria lol.

To get into an emotional twist over a game makes no sense at all. Moreover, global changes to the game will not happen overnight. Do I believe they are working to tweak the game....yes. Do you think they have to follow players expectations regarding deadlines or timelines. No.
Its that simple.

PS. Cutting and pasting a bunch of threads is lame.
Edited by MaxCarnage#1211 on 1/5/2013 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote

Yeah....I am upset and I wont take it anymore! I am going to beat up my pillow!!

There are other things in RL to be "upset" about other than a computer game. I would substitute the word "upset" with "disgruntled" or "displeased" if that fits the criteria lol.

To get into an emotional twist over a game makes no sense at all. Moreover, global changes to the game will not happen overnight. Do I believe they are working to tweak the game....yes. Do you think they have to follow players expectations regarding deadlines or timelines. No.
Its that simple.

LOL...you missed the whole point of his post. Exactly what should people be upset about in a GAME forum specifically about that game? Sorry I meant displeased! :-|
Edited by pcjunkie#1409 on 1/5/2013 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Very excellent and detailed list of glossed over issues.

The only thing I could think the list needs (though it might be in one of the links) is JW saying how many good reviews the story line received. Cain dead by butterflies will be a thorn in the side of fans of the series forever probably. My own sidenote: I think Cain's death was supposed to be dishonorable, a thumb in the eye to diablo series devotees.

I miss you Cain, and your identify all skill.
Reply Quote
hope they adress the issues in the next year. So far the first week of this year they have not
:( but I am not giving up hope.
Reply Quote
Well written and informative. I was not aware of many of these past deletions. Thank you.
I would add: The tardiness in which Blizzard addressed the "botting" situation. I mean especially for a new game, with a RMAH.
Unfortunately I think Blizzard has more or less given up on the game.
Reply Quote
Thanks OP.
Reply Quote
Meh.
Reply Quote
Great post op, about sums up most of the reasons why this game is a massive dissapointment.
This is comming from a 1700h monk that stuck around since release, and these days i find myself more and more questioning my stubbornness. I think the aura that comes with the name Blizzard made me and many others think that the bad start was repairable and the mistakes excusable (we are all human we all make then) but more and more i see myself loosing hope. Today im not even playng all that much, but im still lurking on foruns and fansites looking for a little information that would restore my faith in the game and the company. Well everything has an end and i think that unfornutally this is it for the diablo franchise, not that will completly die out of players, that will probably never happens, but in our memories, the remmarkable one will be "remember d3? Oh well that was a hell of a faliure". and that is what truly kills the game.
Reply Quote
lol nice
Reply Quote

There was no endgame (and still to this day, we have no endgame). By comparison, Torchlight 2 had a workable endgame which featured true random dungeons with various effects on both monster/player, had a boss at the end with a reward.

We have like, no options to really enhance our character the way we want. That's because apparently everything ties into the RMAH. Again, drawing experiences from TL2, we had a rare goods vendor that sold unidentified items as well as gems, we had an enchanter that added 2-4 more affixes to an item, socket vendor, item transmuting, gem transmuting, MORE GEM TYPES, sockets on almost every item allowing ridiculous customization. We got NONE of that in Diablo 3.

They should have taken a look at Diablo 2 and other ARPG's since then, and use that as a starting point for building their next game. This is supposed to be Diablo 3, the successor to 2. So it's reasonable that you want to take what worked the best in 2, and build upon that in 3. It's not acceptable that I can load up D2 and be MORE immersed in that game than it's successor.

+1 and +1 to OP
Reply Quote
wot can i say F,,,, You Blizzard and Activison RMAH
Reply Quote

Its that simple.

Feed back from an audience to developers is a natural part of the process especially given a game like D3. For one, this is an online only game with a very restrictive model in that it can only be played online, through their servers. Two there was a LOT of content cut during the development of this game, and like it or not, this content did serve to promote the game whether intentionally or unintentionally. The reasons give for cutting what was aside, players that were following the development of this game for years were given an expectation of what was to come.

The experience delivered was vastly altered from what many of us had come to expect during that time. In some aspects it was improved, but today we still have an experience that feels largely, hollow, for lack of a better word. Granted, they have improved the game in several regards with major patches, aside from the sense of accomplishment with paragon level grinding and the infernal machine event however, there's still a pretty big void, and that still upsets people that ponder on what the game could have been. You would do well to not be as condescending to people that you view in a generalized sense in the future good sir or madam.
Edited by RUNE#1559 on 1/5/2013 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]