Diablo® III

You don't have the Right.... To be Angry...

Best post...ever.
Reply Quote
Great insight, i believe that there needs to be some compromise between the players and the devs to actually make the game better, i think adding all of that is unrealistic (NOT saying that i dont want them all there!) but i agree 100% with you on some of these items.
Reply Quote
+1 Hopefully this gets seen by someone higher up and they can set tangible and realistic plans in motion to get this game where it needs to be.
Reply Quote
great job like some of the others in here i was hit hard by almost every 1 of these nerfs
request a sticky to this if u dare it will be deleted by monday!!
Reply Quote
I hate the internet overuse of the word "epic". But I'm cool with the hyperbole if people use it for this thread.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I believe that this game would be far better and enjoyable if all the scrapped things would have been implemented.
And I will be very mad to buy them with the expansion, as they were introduced to us as a part of the original release...
Reply Quote
WHat a huge failure this game is. Such a disappointment.
Reply Quote
Great post, I would commend you but this isn't DOTA2.

(if you want a copy holler)
Reply Quote
A lot of typing, you think they even bother to read it all? I for one am happy with the game I purchased.
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 08:40 PMPosted by bulletbutter
Before I thought it was because blizzard doesn't listen to the fans. But now, I feel its more about the fans not being specific enough about what they want. You do not see too many posts laying out detailed examples about how to make loot and itemization better. But you see tons of hate threads about how their "improved legendary's" fail.

It's because Blizzard has the stats to know how marginal the complainers are. When you have stats showing that the percentage of people who even visit/look at the forums (and many fewer than that actually post) is under 5% or 1%, you can put the complaints in context. Nothing will ever be 100% popular with everyone.

In fact, not everyone in the world was completely in love with D2. To expect everyone (i.e. a near 100% probability) who loved D2 to love D3, displays foolish expectations on part of the expecter, not Blizzard. Chances are, they did not expect every single person who loved D2 to love D3, because that would be dumb.

The fans on the board just aren't as representative of the player base as they would like to think. Blizzard knows this. Most forum posters don't.
Reply Quote
Bump for blue.
Reply Quote
It's because Blizzard has the stats to know how marginal the complainers are. When you have stats showing that the percentage of people who even visit/look at the forums (and many fewer than that actually post) is under 5% or 1%, you can put the complaints in context. Nothing will ever be 100% popular with everyone.

In fact, not everyone in the world was completely in love with D2. To expect everyone (i.e. a near 100% probability) who loved D2 to love D3, displays foolish expectations on part of the expecter, not Blizzard. Chances are, they did not expect every single person who loved D2 to love D3, because that would be dumb.

The fans on the board just aren't as representative of the player base as they would like to think. Blizzard knows this. Most forum posters don't.

Ironically, you start out admonishing people for making assumptions, explaining that only Blizzard knows the real "stats", then spend the entire rest of your post making those same very assumptions.

There's a word for that you know.
Reply Quote
This thread has a lot of potential. Unfortunately it is, admittedly, very biased. Many of the negative points made have been addressed and fixed, and seem to be only be brought up to garner attention from D3 haters. Not to mention the misleading title.

If someone equally talented from the opposing side could somehow collaborate with the OP, this could be an enlightening timeline.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 03:05 AMPosted by Hawkeye

Experience. All MMOs and major games have the same thing going on at their boards. I don't need to prove it. Blizzard is the one who knows it.

And, my "assumptions", are based on fact. Not everyone loves everything everyone else does. We're not all clones. Most players don't go to forums for the games they play. If you have reason to believe everyone in the world loved D2, or that everyone who loved D2 should love D3, or that the active forum user base is actually a substantial percentage of the player base (over 25% at least), by all means share it.
Reply Quote

And for you CM's that don't delete this (i hope all of you), this is the answer you must ask yourself every day at work when reviewing the spewed hate, day after day....
[b]the question of....

Am I the only one who caught this??

I believe you were going for, "This is the "Question" you must ask yourself every day at work ....

other than that, Great post, but I feel it falls apon deaf ears.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 03:09 AMPosted by captain

Experience. All MMOs and major games have the same thing going on at their boards. I don't need to prove it. Blizzard is the one who knows it.

And, my "assumptions", are based on fact. Not everyone loves everything everyone else does. We're not all clones. Most players don't go to forums for the games they play. If you have reason to believe everyone in the world loved D2, or that everyone who loved D2 should love D3, or that the active forum user base is actually a substantial percentage of the player base (over 25% at least), by all means share it.

So, let's list your assumptions - because that is what they are:

01/06/2013 02:58 AMPosted by captain
people who even visit/look at the forums (and many fewer than that actually post) is under 5% or 1%

That's 1. You have no idea what the participation rate is in the forums. Nor do I or anyone else but Blizzard (as you yourself asserted no less).

01/06/2013 02:58 AMPosted by captain
The fans on the board just aren't as representative of the player base

There's number 2. For this to be anything other than an assumption you'd have to quiz a statistically significant portion of the playerbase - I doubt even Blizzard knows this one with much accuracy.

All MMOs and major games have the same thing going on at their boards.

Really? All? You've checked every last one of them? MMORPG.com lists well over 100 MMO's - short of you having spent time on every last one of them, this is assumption #3.

Most players don't go to forums for the games they play

How do you know? Assumption #4.

If you have reason to believe everyone in the world loved D2, or that everyone who loved D2 should love D3, or that the active forum user base is actually a substantial percentage of the player base (over 25% at least), by all means share it.

I don't have any concrete evidence to support that, so you know what I do, I speak for myself only - go ahead, check my post history, you'll see that I don't make assumptions about whether my dislike for many of D3's mechanics is shared by anyone but myself.
Reply Quote
Wow I didn't realize the number of things they removed/ screwed up.
Reply Quote
View profile
Sure they made a lot of money. Sure the game was a financial success.
Gotta look on the other hand. The game was a total reputation killer.

Good publicity is equated to $millions by marketers.

Had this game been good the viral marketing would have been epic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]