Diablo® III

You don't have the Right.... To be Angry...

A well, thought-out post and no reply from the blues. What a surprise. The RMAH and the action house in general ruined the game because now every decision blizzard makes has to account for possible profit loss. What a bunch of nonsense. This is what happens when Craptavision buys a company. Guitar hero 15 anyone? I'm not angry. I am honestly disappointed. Sure, the game is fun but I don't like how much potential was wasted and/or held back for more profits.
Edited by manana12#1436 on 1/6/2013 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
well thought out post. it's no wonder people are angry. blizz needs to reach out to the community more in my opinion. their posts always sound arrogant
Reply Quote
TL:DR

All I see is from OP is:

WAAAHHHHHH, I don't have the game exactly how I want it! WAAAHHHHHH

http://youtu.be/DksSPZTZES0

I don't even see that in the OP's post. All he did was post a bunch of links about how broken the game was and a few about blizzard pulling things from the game (enchantress, pvp and skill runes that drop as loot). Honestly, I don't know why this thread is so highly rated. He just basically consolidated all the major topics that fans were complaining about.

This gives blizzard no insight as to what we want. So, once blizzard skims this thread, they will attempt to fix the issues and fail yet again.

I disagree with apart of this however I respect your opinion..

We never got a Poll or PTR asking how much to change things or what skills should be changed or buffed..

THEY JUST DID IT ON THEIR OWN...

There was beta and as I recall, the hype was actually mainly positive. The first 13 levels and up to SK was the groundwork for an amazing game and that was a consensus. Therefore, there were not nearly as many negative posts. IMO, beta should have most definitely unlocked the full game and the turn out at release would have been 10 fold to the positive.

And you have to understand, Blizzards head was entirely too big about D3 before release. They were most likely positive beyond a shadow of a doubt they knew that what they were doing was better for the game. They are the developers and their self (over) confidence was retarded. And the fans, let it go on trust that blizzard knew what was best.

If you watched blizzcon when they were announcing all the changes, the crowd was dead silent because they had no clue how the changes would affect the game. And again, I say that was because the players put entirely too much faith in the development team to make D3 amazing. I know I myself thought D3 was going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Now, thats not to say that there are no threads constructive enough with ideas to fix the issues, my point is more a long the lines of that the ratio is about 10:1 in favor of negative posts that offer no constructive thoughts and/or criticism.

In fact, not everyone in the world was completely in love with D2. To expect everyone (i.e. a near 100% probability) who loved D2 to love D3, displays foolish expectations on part of the expecter, not Blizzard. Chances are, they did not expect every single person who loved D2 to love D3, because that would be dumb.

I see this argument a lot albeit worded hundreds of different ways. The only counter argument that I have against this is that Blizzard should have not been stupid enough to not include anything that made D1 and/or D2 as great as it was. Like so many have said before, D3 is a HUGE step backwards. Why would any company make a sequel to a game and not include any elements that the fans loved from previous games?

And whats more, when you make a sequel to any game, it would be folly for the developers to make the mistake of saying "Oh, well...fans of the predecessors may not like the game and that's entirely ok". If Blizzard didn't know that before, they sure as hell do now.

The fans on the board just aren't as representative of the player base as they would like to think. Blizzard knows this. Most forum posters don't.

+1 and I couldn't agree more. Those who enjoy the game, simply don't post threads on the forums. And the greater majority of those who dislike the game either stopped playing or post constantly about how horrible of a job blizzard is doing. However, if you think that the amount of negative feedback blizzard gets for the current state of D3 is going unnoticed/ignored because of that fact, you must be dense (no offense intended). We've complained and seen Blizzards attempts before....

Forum posters: "Legendary's are broken"
Blizzard response: "Oh, ok, we will fix them for you"

FAIL

Forum Posters: "We need endgame content"
Blizzard Response: "Oh thanks, we didn't realize that what you guys wanted, heres the paragon system, infernal machine and monster power"

FAIL

It was the posters here on the forums who got blizzard off their butts to improve the search function of the AH. It was the posters on the forums who got blizzard to (try) to fix legendary's. It was the posters here on the forums that got blizzard to implement (what blizzard calls) endgame content. It was posters here who got blizzard to nerf difficulty of inferno and elite packs.

Blizzard IS listening and changing based on our complaints and failing time and time again. But like I stated in my first post, its because the majority of posts here offer little to no criticism and ideas to fix the glaring issues. Haters (most of the forum posters) are more concerned about voicing their disapproval then pitching ideas. And the posts that do offer great ideas, aren't pushed by the community. Positive threads with great ideas usually get 5-10 responses or taken over by trolls bashing the OP and D3.

Tools exist on this forum to bring great ideas to Blizzards attention and they simply do not get used often enough. I feel that if even a single thread that contains at least one great idea gets requested to be stickied and or liked several thousands of times, those changes will at least be tried out in a new patch or a modified version of it anyways.
Reply Quote
Hi, I like your list but you forgot a bad DH nerf: in 1.0.4
Caltrops
Skill Rune - Jagged Spikes
Can no longer trigger procs

Which made the DH tank build disappear (traps + LoH to tank lot of things).
Reply Quote
The game can't be saved sadly. They went mainstream with the Diablo series. It is so incredibly streamlined that you would need a new game to fix it. The complexity of Diablo 2 just didn't appeal to the masses that blizzard would get from their fanbase from WoW leaking over.
Reply Quote
Ahhh... Diablo III. It's like making a Gears of War sequel and leaving out the chainsawing Lancers.
Reply Quote
amazing post. sad times..sad times..
Reply Quote
INB4 Vaeflare's typical PR reply Monday evening.

I do agree though, we need to end this attitude this 'war' and start working with the CM's. I don't see why players didn't see and realize this a long time ago. Stop shooting the messangers, help Lylirra & Vaeflare and we can all make the game better. These two ladies are the only communication we got, why abuse them?

EDIT: My bad I keep forgetting about Grimbroski (Grimiku), the dude needs to post moar! Especially him, he seems more of like a player CM than anything, talks about the actual game experiences in 90% of his posts - that's a good thing!
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 1/6/2013 10:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Appreciate the effort. but you didn't have to add all bugs and drama stuff. Bugs get patched, end of story. Drama (i.e. "eff that loser", etc) aren't relevant to the game. Too much noise. Focus more on the important issues like PvP, and artisans, and underused class skills.

Me, I just want PvP arena, team deathmatch and customizeable PvP game modes. Ladders and rankings, Clan support. Fix/buff underused skills. Fix itemization, add diversity to gear setups and skills. gear should complement certain skills to expand Build diversity etc. Make subquests more rewarding, more map randomization. that's mostly it for me.

I'm willing to wait. meanwhile the game is mostly fine. Stop crying, and stop it with this sky is falling attitude. Articulate complaints and suggestions calmly.
Reply Quote
This is a great post, really outlines why i have given up playing D3. I was able to get around the lack of an end game for a while and just farm to p100 but the PVP disappointment was the last straw in a long line of broken promises or flat out lies about what is happening with the game. I want to love D3 but I'm not willing to invest any more time until some serious changes happen.

edit: To all those saying the OP is QQing take a step back and look at what he did. He probably took a couple hours to do that write up. That's not done by someone who completely hates this game. I look at as being done by someone that loves the Diablo and wants it to be all that it could be and not be abandoned by the masses.
Edited by Micromouse#1758 on 1/6/2013 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Currently Sword and Board demon hunter, without grenades, is only possible at level 60. It requires a very expensive build and works mostly due to the lazy way that Rest in Peace was programed. I am wondering how long it will be before it gets fixed, a.k.a. programed as stays dead, not crits for a few million damage.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Drenick
Appreciate the effort. but you didn't have to add all bugs and drama stuff. Bugs get patched, end of story. Drama (i.e. "eff that loser", etc) aren't relevant to the game. Too much noise. Focus more on the important issues like PvP, and artisans, and underused class skills.

Yes bugs get patched, but thats not quite the end of story, most bugs on this game have taken an lot of time to get patched, meanwhile players have to deal with whatever the consequences of a said bug. And most of the time this attittude is what makes me feel that the company is not really "listening to the players". Take for exemple, right now we got minions with reflect damage that does about 4-6x the damage they are supposed to do, if a player is not much affected by this, lucky for him, but for those who are, they have to deal with this every single game for the last 3 months or so. People even start to make choice's in their gear having this bug in mind, this is not even remotly acceptable for a company that says they "care for the players", any simple patch could have fixed this and many other problens like the lack of commas in the AH, yet nothing has been done.
Reply Quote
Reading this list, it's incredibly disappointing just to see all of the stuff that was already done (or close to it) that was pulled for... what reasons, exactly? That just smacks of rushing an unfinished game out the door. I don't pvp, but good lord, you tell people the game will have pvp at release, then you tell them it will be available shortly after release... then you say it will be a disaster if it's not in the game by the end of the year... now it's 2013, and a week ago you told us "we scrapped it because we didn't like it, we'll add dueling sometime later".

Why would we take you at your word at this point, after you lied to us several times about pvp? And really, you're worried that something people LOVED when you let them play the demo won't be well received... so you're just scrapping what, a year of dev time because of it?

Honestly, who is making these decisions? There's no content in this game, the item system is very poor and you're flushing a year of dev time on something that the only feedback you have from actual players on is good? When you finally actually release some content THERE WILL BE NO ONE LEFT PLAYING THIS GAME.

The sad thing is, I doubt they will learn from their mistake, because d3 was financially successful. They'll probably make another d3 copy for d4 and then be mystified when it flops since they flushed all of their fan goodwill away on d3's unfinished game and broken promises.
Reply Quote
I miss old blizzard.
Reply Quote
Hi, I like your list but you forgot a bad DH nerf: in 1.0.4
Caltrops
Skill Rune - Jagged Spikes
Can no longer trigger procs

Which made the DH tank build disappear (traps + LoH to tank lot of things).

Actually no, it didn't. I've played a DH myself, who is currently not geared, who could easily... EASILY... Survive in MP 10 with a ton of crap hitting her at once. I'm talking about sitting in plague, arcanes and desecration. That is with like 20-30m in gear. If caltrops still proced LoH and LS, they wouldn't only be tanky like they are now, they would be invincible.

EDIT:
Not talking barbie invincible, more invincible than a perma WotB. I've been down all 3 roads, I know exactly what caltrops is capable of.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 1/6/2013 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
This game if officially dead. Blizzard has proven over the past 6 months they really don't care about making quality games, they care only about money.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Fantastic post and while I certainly don't agree that everything you said should make the list, it feels more complete this way.

I couldn't have made a more complete list about the epic fail. This post should be immortalized as a guide to future developers on games as : 101 Guide on how to piss off your fanbase and make the most anticipated game (likely of all time) into no ones game of the year lists.

Hilarious that no blue posts are here. You know, the first step to solving your problems is admitting you have one.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 12:04 PMPosted by AmBroSia
This game if officially dead. Blizzard has proven over the past 6 months they really don't care about making quality games, they care only about money.

They also don't know how to make the money without forcing bots to buy new copies of the game. If I were to run the game, it would have a way bigger playerbase and a system that would not only keep players happy, but make plenty of money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]