Diablo® III

Can you hit 3.00 Attack speed exactly?

01/04/2013 05:47 PMPosted by apo

You can't have 100% ias with a non-ias weapon

:S

(ill admit thats just something i think should be correct, but feel free anyone to call me out if im wrong lol)

Max IAS in every slot plus bubble should be enough. If not pick up a frenzy shrine.

Ehh... you're probably right! I was thinking in terms of pure base item stats. I'm guessing somewhere around ~90% base IAS is the max, exlcuding IAS weapon, including those legacy boots with ias :p
Reply Quote

Max IAS in every slot plus bubble should be enough. If not pick up a frenzy shrine.

Ehh... you're probably right! I was thinking in terms of pure base item stats. I'm guessing somewhere around ~90% base IAS is the max, exlcuding IAS weapon, including those legacy boots with ias :p

I believe the cap is 97% IAS from gear, including the IAS boots. IAS from weapon doesn't count since it is applied differently. Also, 10% from bubble can push you to 107% total IAS.
Reply Quote

I believe the cap is 97% IAS from gear, including the IAS boots. IAS from weapon doesn't count since it is applied differently. Also, 10% from bubble can push you to 107% total IAS.

I think that IAS from a weapon is actually applied the same, is it not? Using a weapon with 8% IAS and same base APS as another weapon without the 8% IAS, and using another 8% ias slot in the latter but not in the former, gives me the exact same total APS

What gives ?
Reply Quote

I think that IAS from a weapon is actually applied the same, is it not? Using a weapon with 8% IAS and same base APS as another weapon without the 8% IAS, and using another 8% ias slot in the latter but not in the former, gives me the exact same total APS

What gives ?

Nope. The formula is (WeaponAPS*(1+WeaponIAS))*(1+sum(GearIAS))

Take a 1.5 APS dagger with 10% IAS, your weapon is 1.65 APS. If you have 100% IAS, that gives you a total APS of 3.3. If you instead have 0 IAS on the dagger but 110% IAS otherwise, that's 1.5*2.1 = 3.15 APS, which is quite a bit less.

In short, the IAS on the weapon is multiplied by the other IAS, not additive.
Reply Quote
Good to know. I was thinking about getting an IAS wand for some testing around... Now I'll be more certain what to try:D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]