Diablo® III

Overlooked but Exclusive 500K EHP club

So, he was attempting to be more encompassing to the community by making the 100K dps condition right after I posted my wizard (which invalidated it for his exclusive little club)? That's a pretty feeble defense you got there.

Jimmy...has Blizz fixed your private chat issue/dc error/etc etc? They wrote me back and a tech said he re-setted my data (I don't know what that means). Hopefully it works tonight.

As for your statement, I will honestly say that yes, after I realized that you only had 10K dps, I had to put that DPS requirement. That's right after my post made Top 10 forum. However, my intention of this thread was posted toward the Wiz community at first.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 08:12 AMPosted by yodatoy
As for your statement, I will honestly say that yes, after I realized that you only had 10K dps, I had to put that DPS requirement.

Why?
Reply Quote
A club so exclusive there are over 900 wizards on the US server alone? I'm in!
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Shelendil
A club so exclusive there are over 900 wizards on the US server alone? I'm in!

Shouldn't 900 wiz/100000 exclusive? that's less than 1%
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 1/7/2013 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
That's one way of looking at it. I was considering what 900+ names would look like in your first post.
Reply Quote
EddardStark#1833

WD "Sunjata"

EHP: 507,543
DPS: 236,467
Reply Quote
@EddardStark or any WD

What's considered a reachable yet difficult EHP for WD?
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 1/7/2013 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you want to establish equivalencies for other classes, just pick a number where there are equivalent numbers to the wizards.

Someone mentioned that there were 900 wizards who fit the requirements. For the other classes, just take the equivalent ratio and round to the nearest 100k ehp. So take the 900th highest ehp barb or dh or monk or wd to establish the ehp needed.

You can be a little more accurate by taking percentages such as top 1% since there are more barbs than wiz, but I think top 900 or 1000 should be accurate enough.
Reply Quote
If you want to establish equivalencies for other classes, just pick a number where there are equivalent numbers to the wizards.

Someone mentioned that there were 900 wizards who fit the requirements. For the other classes, just take the equivalent ratio and round to the nearest 100k ehp. So take the 900th highest ehp barb or dh or monk or wd to establish the ehp needed.

You can be a little more accurate by taking percentages such as top 1% since there are more barbs than wiz, but I think top 900 or 1000 should be accurate enough.

Well the thing with what he did when he got the 900th, is he didn't remove the ones under 100k dps. Example is i'm at like 897 (or was) with 503k EHP. But I bet at least 20% of those ahead of me don't have 100k dps, and there isn't an efficient way to compare the two stats to see how many there really are out there.
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Kieble
Well the thing with what he did when he got the 900th, is he didn't remove the ones under 100k dps. Example is i'm at like 897 (or was) with 503k EHP. But I bet at least 20% of those ahead of me don't have 100k dps, and there isn't an efficient way to compare the two stats to see how many there really are out there.

That was to establish the ehp baseline for the club. If you want to establish a dps baseline, then do the same thing for dps. Find out what rank 100k dps is for wizards and use that for the other classes. For example if 100k dps is rank 2000 for wiz, then use the 2000th rank for barb/dh/monk/wd and round to the nearest 10k dps to get the dps baseline.
Reply Quote
700 EHP
Reply Quote
Ok, I took the 1000th ranked Barb/DH, 900th ranked monk, and 800th ranked WD. My impression is that there are more Barb/DH than wiz and fewer WD than wiz. I rounded to the nearest 50K ehp.

Barb 1.4M
DH 650k
monk 1M
WD 600k

I think those are appropriate guidelines to join the cool kids club since they are in the ballpark of what 500k ehp means to a wizard.

Note that monk EHP is going to be very misleading since virtually all monks use OWE passive and DP doesn't track individual resists.
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 1/7/2013 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Kieble

Say hello to "PvP dummy".
Reply Quote
View profile
EHP experts, I'd like some gearing tips on how to improve my EHP until I'm MP10 capable.
Please help me plan my next few EHP upgrades for a 100m budget.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DomonKassui-1611/

I'm thinking:
High strength high int Vile wards
AR, Armor Tal Rasha (probably out of my budget)
Nat's Ring with AR
AR Armor Crit Lacunis (probably not bang for the buck)

Please help me get the most EHP for my gold.
Let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks!
Edited by DomonKassui#1611 on 1/7/2013 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
over 2 million ehp club reporting in
Reply Quote
01/07/2013 10:11 AMPosted by yodatoy
What's considered a reachable yet difficult EHP for WD?

I would say 450k+, though I am sure that is up for heated debate.
Reply Quote
494K close enough, not like i ever see it go below half anyways.
Reply Quote
Im in :)
Reply Quote
After like 2+ month, I think I have finally got all my equipment for now.
Any other upgrades are just way too expensive... hit the ceiling for now...

I am surprised and happy that I can achieved so far...
120K unbuff DPS, 608K unbuffed eHP, 801 AR, 5245 Armor

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/precious-6973/Gandalf/22130927
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]