Diablo® III

Overlooked but Exclusive 500K EHP club

AtheNA my d3progress shows 540,328 but its actually higher as it has my old gems still listed and old ring.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/meth68-1905/AtheNA/2801883
Reply Quote
@ Celestan:
Ok, I took the 1000th ranked Barb/DH, 900th ranked monk, and 800th ranked WD. My impression is that there are more Barb/DH than wiz and fewer WD than wiz. I rounded to the nearest 50K ehp.

Barb 1.4M
DH 650k
monk 1M
WD 600k

Thanks for this. It seems about right I think. I will go by this for other classes.
Reply Quote
@ Peace, I don't understand how you didn't make the club? But I guess that's why this makes an exclusive club. Heh. You probably need 7k vit? get it somewhere...I say from Nat boots where you are missing vit.

DPS is important but EHP seems as important as SNS wiz. Good luck.

@yodatoy, Yes EHP is just as important. I can put in gems or I have other vanities like rings and amulets or even gems, gears to swap out and I can do that easily and still make the cut for this club.

But thats not the challenge I am facing. Its maintaining and raising the highest DPS I can get with 500kEhp with good mitigation is what I am striving for at the moment.

Still a good exclusive club to be in, just feel the minimum criteria for a CM/WW wiz is abit low.

Peace
Edited by Peace#1608 on 1/7/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
my DH is at 730k EHP with 185dps...
is that good?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/bassius-1930/CallipygianX/2578542
Reply Quote
512K EHP with 103K DPS WD unbuffed - buffed over 170K DPS
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/golgotha-1378/Golgotha/8431442
Edited by Golgotha#1378 on 1/7/2013 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
189k unbuffed monk. 606k ehp
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/metal-1356/Zod/566499
Reply Quote
DH : 147k DPS unbuffed with 779k EHP unbuffed
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kestrel-1782/Veronica/13926653
Reply Quote
SNS wizard 110K dps unbuffed, 525 K EHP

Finally reached here after upgrading my natalya's reflection and tal's chest :)

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/agentx-1890/GarrusX/1438391
Reply Quote
198k DPS, 905AR 5922Armor and only 30k HP:

436k EHP... This is why I say EHP numbers are crap and are VIT biased.
Reply Quote
260k DPS unbuffed, 785 AR, 4460 Armour, 53.6k HP --->540k EHP

Biased against the CMs thats for sure, since most focus more on mitigation than HP with Diamond Skin constantly up.
Edited by Un1ver5e#6164 on 1/8/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
^ I have more AR/Armor unbuffed, than you have with Prismatic on :), then again you are running GC!
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/8/2013 6:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Say hello to "PvP dummy".

PVP dummy is an average of the two pretty much with some parts weighted. So you can have 100k EHP, and 600k DPS, and still have 300k PVP. IE, be ahead of people, but not actually have the 500k EHP benchmark.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure I have way more than 500k

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BoyNamedGoo-1167/hero/24388846
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Aphraell

Vit is not biased and this is one of the reasons 500K benchmark makes it exclusive. You got very nice Armor/AR but still didn't make 500K club due to the lack of Vit. You are the prime example of why this club can be exclusive. Thanks for sharing your character.

We have to balance everything out in order to make 500KEHP.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 1/8/2013 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
He is correct in a sense. EHP from vit stackers is over inflated, as often times they don't have the life regen to effectively use that EHP. So they may have a huge EHP value, but they aren't able to be topped off so in essence Effective Health Points, become Half Effective Health Points.

Since this is just a club for 500k EHP, it really matters not. However, in the general scheming of EHP, vitality is a false inflator.
Reply Quote

Vit is not biased and this is one of the reasons 500K benchmark makes it exclusive. You got very nice Armor/AR but still didn't make 500K club due to the lack of Vit. You are the prime example of why this club can be exclusive. Thanks for sharing your character.

We have to balance everything out in order to make 500KEHP.

Er no. What it means is all he needs to do is swap a vit gem or 2 into his gears, lose a bit of sheet dps from the Int gems loss, then slam bam, whaddya know, 500K+ EHP

Same applies to me. Loss a couple vit gems, cool story at 500K+ EHP, but guess what? It means NOTHING in practice for me. All adding VIT does for me at this point is makes my "Buffer" a little fatter. But why make it fatter when it's already never more than ~10% below full barring lag or something stupid (such as standing on 3 arcane vertices)

All that matters is getting your Vit to the point where your EHP is enough for your "buffer" to eat 1-shots, e.g. molten blast, arcane pass thru, fallen explosion, etc. The rest is all about having the necessary attack speed, loh, freezability, and most important MITIGATION in order to make your buffer very robust, not require lots of fattness, just robustness
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/8/2013 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Alesso
All that matters is getting your Vit to the point where your EHP is enough for your "buffer" to eat 1-shots, e.g. molten blast, arcane pass thru, fallen explosion, etc. The rest is all about having the necessary attack speed, loh, freezability, and most important MITIGATION in order to make your buffer very robust, not require lots of fattness, just robustness

Well, I have been there before too. I had built my wiz where I kept building my HP up to high 60K but below avg AR/Armor. Survivability was difficult and MP7 farming was definitely capable but still died too easily. Ultimately, I realized balancing both your mitigation and hp is what's important. Currently, my Armor has not reached 5000 but getting close. Otherwise, I'm relatively comfortable with my AR of 800+ and HP of 40K+. Basically, you can not just stack one place. On top that, I agree you gotta have attack speed, loh, etc etc.

I have tried everything from high LOH, high attack speed, high CC, etc etc. You can not just increase one stat over another. They all have to be balanced. We mainly think about how to raise "just DPS". May be that's important for Archon wiz who mainly farm MP0-MP3 for fast exp. But in order to have a balanced wiz where you can farm MP0-MP10, esp Uber MP10, then mitigation definitely comes into play. I feel 500KEHP is a good baseline to start in my opinion.

After posting the thread, I found out that it's not that difficult to reach 500K+EHP if you overlooked DPS (some people had like 10K DPS/500K+ EHP)and other stats. Hence, I added 100KDPS as a min condition. We all know that as a start up SNS CM wiz, it was not that easy to gear up to attain 100KDPS/500KEHP in the beginning. It took farely long enough time to get to where we are so that makes this club somewhat exclusive.

On a side note, last night, I got my armor to 6000+/AR to 1000/HP to 80+ but only 60KDPS. I was able to kill an elite in MP7 but took me 15min/elite. They surely couldn't kill me but I surely couldn't kill them fast enough.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 1/8/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Make a club for these specs for CM/WW wizards only

>150dps
>500 EHP
>800 loh
>2.73aps
>50 CC
>500 AR
>1400 armor

and I'll be interested lol
Reply Quote
yodatoy = toyyoda alias? must be...
Reply Quote
peace there will be about a dozen of you in that group and everyone already knows who you are :) thats what all cmwws should strive for tho :D
Edited by aceD#1243 on 1/8/2013 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]