Diablo® III

Overlooked but Exclusive 500K EHP club

View profile
01/04/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Kieble

No one stacks dex; it is a byproduct of nat being bis for sns. Still dex is not useless just not anywhere near priority.

Lots of people have been falsely preaching dodge lately. I've actually seen full threads on it. The only time when dex should be chosen on gear is when you already have huge EHP to where nothing matters anyways. It should never be taken over other defensive stats after the basic 500 you get from by products. People are stacking up to 1k, sometimes more than vit though and it's dumb.

I think 10 spear-men hitting you for 50K vs 5 hitting you for 50K is a big deal. Like one would kill me the other not. Only dodge make later possible.
Reply Quote
This club blows.

=)
Reply Quote
Lots of people have been falsely preaching dodge lately. I've actually seen full threads on it. The only time when dex should be chosen on gear is when you already have huge EHP to where nothing matters anyways. It should never be taken over other defensive stats after the basic 500 you get from by products. People are stacking up to 1k, sometimes more than vit though and it's dumb.

I have an affix on an item that I can only get 200 stats from. I already got AR and I already got Armour. I'm looking for stats.

Do I want...

100 str, 100 int
100 dex, 100 int
100 int, 100 vit

If I am <1000 dex, I'd choose 100 dex + 100 int over anything, assuming I've already reach 'adequate' life total.

The int+vit will provide more EHP by a very large margin, but vit is applied after all other effects, while dodge is applies before diamond skin and improved the 'effective' nature of your LoH, while vit does neither of these things.

You ofc have to have enough not to get two shot, or even three shot before dex becomes valueable, but generally gaining dex instead of strength is NOT a bad thing until >1000 dex.
Reply Quote

I think 10 spear-men hitting you for 50K vs 5 hitting you for 50K is a big deal. Like one would kill me the other not. Only dodge make later possible.

But that's not how it works. You only have a chance for that to happen with dodge, your scenario does not occur 100% of the time. You need enough EHP to survive the chance that all 10 spear-men hit you otherwise you die. LOH/Windup mechanics work better with consistent EHP, rather than spikey EHP.
Reply Quote
But that's not how it works. You only have a chance for that to happen with dodge, your scenario does not occur 100% of the time. You need enough EHP to survive the chance that all 10 spear-men hit you otherwise you die. LOH/Windup mechanics work better with consistent EHP, rather than spikey EHP.

Things like arcane sentries which tick 3-4 times a second and firechains which tick 5 times a second. Dodge has an averaging effect on something that ticks so frequently for (relatively) low damage. Therefore against alot of things that matter, its extremely valueable compared to strength.

Right now I get 217% the EHP from a point of dodge instead of a point of strength. And as you get closer to 1000 dex, each point becomes even stronger, which strength is linear (in its effect to EHP)

Meaning if I gained 100 dex vs 100 str it would favor dex even more (224.4% the EHP)

So no, dex definitely has its place in our build due to the fact its in effect a third multiplicable source of 'mitigation' that is applied before diamond skin absorption and enchances your life pool and effective LoH recovery.

Right now I have 3 such interchangeable affixes. Zuni ring, Nats ring, Witching hour. Their third affix I would absolutely consider interchangeable as int/dex instead of int/strength if given an opportunity (and the item was an upgrade otherwise). There is very little negative to such a switch.
Reply Quote
@ Boozor
I made this club just for you. =P
Reply Quote

If I am <1000 dex, I'd choose 100 dex + 100 int over anything, assuming I've already reach 'adequate' life total.

I would choose 100STR/100INT. It grosses up the effectiveness of Shell, and also let's LOH/WW do it's thing.

Also, dodge is not effective against about 5 affixes, two of which are the most deadly in combination (RD/Electrified).

I'd say dodge is a nice bonus, since it may save you once in a while, but it would always be better to itemize for constant EHP since most of the constant damage we face that eats thru Shell is RD, elec, poison, and molten, all of which can't be dodged. Therefore you have to reduce it to allow Shell/LOH work.
Reply Quote
@ Boozor
I made this club just for you. =P

Hehe

I have 7 topaz gems I can sub out for ame gems.

7x58 = 406 VITA * 35 * 1.29 (life%) = 18.3k HP.

Would put me at 50k total health. And i'd lose about 40k DPS. So i'll probably make the club with 190k DPS and 50k HP.

Need to hire more bouncers cause i'm coming in tis club!!!!!
Reply Quote

Things like arcane sentries which tick 3-4 times a second and firechains which tick 5 times a second. Dodge has an averaging effect on something that ticks so frequently for (relatively) low damage. Therefore against alot of things that matter, its extremely valueable compared to strength.

I wouldn't say it has an averaging effect. It has a probability effect. In the slight probability that every single attack hits you, do you have enough EHP and LOH recovery to get you back to full.
Reply Quote
This club blows.

=)

All you need is .5 more cc and 113k ehp and you have arrived.
Reply Quote
View profile
I want the mitgation club. Only me and shand make 90% so far in this thread.:P

here try it out

http://xn--1fh.ws/post/24090618074/diablo-3-damage-resistance-calculator
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/4/2013 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm at 90.25% unbuffed using a manual calculator...

89.59% according to that website.
Edited by Junger#1623 on 1/4/2013 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/04/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Junger
I'm at 90.25% unbuffed.

5650 and 792 is 89.81% unless dpro is wrong I'd say close but no cigar. Nice armor.

When I get AR ARMOR BT pants (5900 armor) and mempo (900 AR) i'll be 91%. I hoping i can walk around with like 700 loh.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/4/2013 1:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Junger
Also, dodge is not effective against about 5 affixes, two of which are the most deadly in combination (RD/Electrified).

Electrified is dodge-able. This was actually the specific case in my mind that was a strong argument towards int/dex vs int/str.

Against these mobs often what happens if your not 'quite' up to snuff sustain wise if your life goes down halfway, then a new shards pops on, allowing LoH to heal you to 90% before it breaks, then taking you to 40% until a new shards permits you to get healed to 80%... back and forth slowly bring you down through attrition.

Dex would actually fix that just as easily as strength. Strength would have its effect on both RD and electrify, while dex would have >2x the effect on electrify to make up for its 0 effect against RD.

Molten/RD/Desc/Plague isn't, which sucks for certain, but plague is completely negligeable and molten avoidable mostly.

But you guys are correct, if RD is giving you trouble, stick with strength. Generally I consider dex because often those 'attrition' situation are caused by the fact I dont want to have to clear out every single malok/fallen shaman/spearman or herald of pest. before I down that RD/electrify pack. Dodging a fireball allows my LoH to get caught up and get my life back to full between each shards, while otherwise I'd slowly get brought down to 0 life from all the projectiles.

Moving and giving up my stunlock is a time waster, so I'd rather be able to just tank through it and take out the ranged dudes after the pack is downed. dex > str for this purpose.
Reply Quote
View profile
Dodge is broken. I can run around mp10 FOS with 28K HP and not die. Way over 20%. im telling you guys it's huge. I was not a believer until I accidently got some. Now like survival shoots through roof.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/4/2013 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wish i was in this club, i'm at 452k but don't understand how im not at 500k. Must be HPs...

5k arm, +624 AR from gear, 1366 LOH...
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Aimless
Dodge is broken. I can run around mp10 FOS with 28K HP and not die. Way over 20%. im telling you guys it's huge. I was not a believer until I accidently got some. Now like survival shoots through roof.

I think it works well for you because you already have a substantial amount of pure mitigation. So if stuff does hit you, you barely notice it. I don't discount it, but I weigh it less than pure migitation up to a certain point.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Shandlar
Molten/RD/Desc/Plague isn't, which sucks for certain, but plague is completely negligeable and molten avoidable mostly.

I love being jailed into horde molten just before they explode and having TP just happen to be on CD.

::EDIT::

I take that back; I love it when it happens to me. When it happens to someone I'm with it is exceedingly amusing, especially if they talk about it in chat.
Edited by Sennin#1346 on 1/4/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Molten bombs are dodgeable, only the floor burning isn't lol.

Not gonna lie though, best part about switching to zuni was enough life total to tank 2x molten bombs at once.
Reply Quote
May I join? I'm at 523584 :D

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/xfactor-1647/XFactor/1270273
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]