Diablo® III

Optimal Item affix combinations.

Been paying attention to who does the most damage and have finally spotted the "trend" or required affix combinations needed and how one to many fun affix on legendary and set items can render a item sub standard.

Some of the top damage dealers ironically seems to be the barb...
The things is rares have a 6 affix limit, that means you gonna have to always sacrificing something:
Ironically the best thing to sacrifice for dps seem to be lifesteal/LoH/crit damage. So for dual wielding one handed weapons, this is about as good as you'll ever get.

*Elemental
*Damage +50%
*+Attack Speed
*Main Stat
*Secondary Split Stats (Main + Vitality)
*Socket

Now all you can do from this point forward is sacrifice. You could replace socket with a perfect damage cirt damage roll? Here's the problem when it comes to legendary weapons, having an extra "Cool" effect, you loose one of the more rewarding affixes.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Techies
having an extra "Cool" effect, you loose one of the more rewarding affixes.

No. If it would be a cool effect you would not want to loose it. Sadly here things are clear and "cool" effects are just not as cool as the "BIS" affixes.
Reply Quote
No crit damage? Trumps mainstat easily.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 12/14/2012 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Echoing fury seems to kind of break this rule?

Looks like it has 8 affixes.

How can it have attack speed
on top of the bonus +0.25 attack speed and a socket?

With other echoing furies not having the socket or attack speed x 10-11%
Edited by Techies#1508 on 12/14/2012 12:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Critical Damage (aside from radiant star gem) is another thing you must consider on picking the best weapon. With all the stats mentioned, only the Echoing Fury seems to be a good exception for dual wielding barbs/monks. The attacks per second does not only benefit the echoing fury itself, but it also benefits the base attack speed of the other weapon.

Say the Echoing fury gives +0.25 attacks per second, the new base attack speed for the Echoing fury is, 1.2(which is the base attack speed of maces) + 0.25 = 1.45, also the new base attack speed of the other weapon on dual wield will be (base attack speed) + 0.25. The 15% bonus attack speed for dual wielders is then added after the addition of attacks per second.

That is why Echoing Fury gives HEAPS of dps only if you get a mainstat, socket/100%crit dam roll. I would usually get the Mainstat, Lifesteal,socket roll, like in my profile.
Edited by Ochiboy#6488 on 12/14/2012 1:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree. But- Attack speed was nerfed so its more secondary. Crit Hit Chance and Crit Dmg are huge optimal item stats... Secondary Stat could be forgotten. A sockets big purpose is for the Crit Dmg on a weapon so those are two stats that roll into 1 affix.
Reply Quote
Critical Damage (aside from radiant star gem) is another thing you must consider on picking the best weapon. With all the stats mentioned, only the Echoing Fury seems to be a good exception for dual wielding barbs/monks. The attacks per second does not only benefit the echoing fury itself, but it also benefits the base attack speed of the other weapon.

Say the Echoing fury gives +0.25 attacks per second, the new base attack speed for the Echoing fury is, 1.2(which is the base attack speed of maces) + 0.25 = 1.45, also the new base attack speed of the other weapon on dual wield will be (base attack speed) + 0.25. The 15% bonus attack speed for dual wielders is then added after the addition of attacks per second.

That is why Echoing Fury gives HEAPS of dps only if you get a mainstat, socket/100%crit dam roll. I would usually get the Mainstat, Lifesteal,socket roll, like in my profile.

Guess that the best possible combination taking into account survival. Echo fury on one hand, socket (or 100% crit) / lifesteal/main stat

Other hand:
*Elemental
*+Damage 50%
*Crit damage
*Main Stat
*Socket

Not sure if the last one would be attack speed or secondary stat with vitality bonus.
Reply Quote
The price of echo fury with lifesteal and socket says I'm right lol...
Reply Quote
Wth are you talking about, go to sleep.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]