Halo 1
Counter Strike 1.06
Starcraft Brood war
Diablo II Expansion: Lord of Destruction
warcraft III
Vanquish
GTA- Vice City and San Andreas
Metal Gear solid franchise

In terms of overhyped - pretty much most recent games despite the revenue boom with Console gaming and better technology.
* Gears of War of Trilogy
* Halo 2 onwards. Especially the halo fan boys saying halo has the highest FPS skill level out there. Pulease, Quake 3 requires some of the highest skills in gaming. The unreal tournament franchise was an underdog - the value for money with gaming content and the ability to play the game on crappy machine was leaps ahead of the competition. Too bad it died so fast with an unpolished release of UT3.
* Starcraft II. Starcraft 1 had one of the most dynamic and ground breaking storyline for its time and starcraft II just shat on it by a gun totting space cowboy. I haven't heard voice acting that lame since Just Cause 2. I might get banned for this comment - but I think the multiplayer for starcraft I was far better than starcraft II.

I was afraid of this but it's happening - the gaming industry is turning into hollywood - where they'll pump out quantity with not alot of quality. The gaming industry was always the last bastion of creativity meets technology which was always pushing the boundaries with every new release.
Edited by AracaneM#6533 on 12/30/2012 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
1. Diablo 2
2. Warcraft 3
3. Civilization 2/3/4
4. Ratchet and Clank
5. Minecraft or Mercenaries, its a toss-up.

Honorable mention: Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Warcraft 2, SimCity 3000, WoW, Halo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]