Diablo® III

I hit 79% movement speed today. Nothing Broke

I hit 79% movement speed on an act3 MP0 hardcore speed clear.

The game was insanely more fun, I was just laughing literally sprinting my little monk !@# off to the next pack chaining together kills for FUN.

Did the game lag? No
Did it break game dynamics? No
Did it substantially improve my gaming experience? Yes!

Really the movement speed issue solves everything.

Not enough fun? Try running faster.
Not enough monster density? No problem you haul $%^ to the next pack
Not enough drops? No problem, now with faster movement speed you kill faster, get more drops.

Why is the run speed so crawling slow. Seriously the cap needs to be lifted, and the base speed should be what 25% currently is.

How I hit it:
24% from items
10% from Fleet Footed, Monk Passive - Stacks over the cap
25% Fleeting shrine, Stacks over cap - found 2 on the entire run
20% Sprint - Forced march rune - Stacks over cap, great coop rune!
Edited by FatZero#1910 on 12/17/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
and its capped at 35% with skills i believe, so worthless.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 02:42 PMPosted by NeLLy
and its capped at 35% with skills i believe, so worthless.

Wrong... Its capped at 25% through ITEMS.

Two skills extend past the cap, Barb sprint shout and monk passive fleet footed
Both of which I was using in addition to fleeting shrine.
Edited by FatZero#1910 on 12/17/2012 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Shrines do not stack, I was just indicating 2 because thats how many I found on the entire run. I'll edit the original post so that is more clear.
Reply Quote
How about a flat +25% for all players and no cap whatsoever :)
Reply Quote
And then you realised WW barbs can move at 84% permanently? (109% with fleeting) D:

It does make the game infinitely more fun though. Double move speed cap, don't change items.

Same with DH in Legacy Natalya's (Vault+TA+24% MS gear).
Reply Quote
And then you realised WW barbs can move at 84% permanently? (109% with fleeting) D:

It does make the game infinitely more fun though. Double move speed cap, don't change items.

This was not a peeing contest about which class is the best / fastest.

Only stating that the amount of fun I have doing mindless clears directly correlates to how fast I run :)
Reply Quote
Funny thing is, I have a monk friend and I was using sprint in zerk form, max movement speed. that's 84% movement speed. He was using just the spinny thing, his passive and movement speed items. He was running 59% and was still able to move faster than me. The run speed is broken for monk, not that it's an issue.

Honestly though, if I don't have a fleeting shrine, I feel like the game isn't moving at a normal pace.
Reply Quote
The monk was moving faster to targets because of thunder clap or dashing strike I also outrun barbs with faster movement speed but only if enemies are like exactly a screen apart.

It isn't broken its just a different part of the skill. Thunderclap = teleport to target roughly 3/5 screen away.

dashing strike = near instant move to target even 1 screen away
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
PMC, can you explain why monsters need to be buffed if players run faster? I am not following a correlation.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Zaxxon23
PMC, can you explain why monsters need to be buffed if players run faster? I am not following a correlation.

Faster killing, more items dropping, thus more items in the system than was designed. People hate to hear it, but the reality is that the item flow must be controlled and limited.

99% of items are salvaged, I'd say that items are heavily controlled and limited.

If you want to play with a limited economy come to hardcore. Where that are only 5 IK chests for sale at any given time.

The created a very robust item sink, its called Hardcore...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]