Diablo® III

Drop rates are rigged, decrease over time...

you're a moron. Just play without the AH. You know that you have that option right?

The drops suck to bad, the only moron here is you defending this garbage. GTFO

+1 :)))))))))))
Reply Quote
I found Vile Wards a few hours ago - sold them for 150M.

Found my first rare ring that rolled decent - 50M+ on the same run.

Maybe you should be thinking about this:
- The drops are better because significantly more people are playing actively at the same time when a new patch comes out. The RNG system may "drop" more due to more global activity. That's a better theory.

P.S. Not saying above is true.
Reply Quote
The drops suck to bad, the only moron here is you defending this garbage. GTFO

They only suck relative to the auction house. Take the AH completely out of the question and drops suddenly become good, since the only standard of loot left is how well the gear stacks up against the content. And at the moment, it does so quite well.

You seem to be operating on the assumption that the availability of the auction house is suppressing the quality of loot. It isn't. The loot's fine. The AH just makes very high quality gear available at a ridiculously low price, making it seem like only the most insanely rare items are good.
Reply Quote

- The drops are better because significantly more people are playing actively at the same time when a new patch comes out. The RNG system may "drop" more due to more global activity. That's a better theory.

This a good theory but, in theory, the number of people playing shouldn't affect my drops if it is supposed to be random numbers...
Reply Quote
game was created for the game when it comes to bots only and exclusively about to farm gold and buy the items on ah :( search is a waste of time
Reply Quote

This a good theory but, in theory, the number of people playing shouldn't affect my drops if it is supposed to be random numbers...

Even though I said it might not be true - the reason why I brought it up was due to an MMO game I used to play with a similar RNG system. On a basic level, the more "active" players (meaning killing mobs to allow drops and allow RNG) there were, there was an increase in the drop rate. This wasn't by design it was just simply due to the computer RNG system (game later became open source so this was how people knew).

So think to D3 - more people killing things, the RNG system "rolls" more on a global scale, not an individual scale. So while RNG still means random, this means the "chance" of your 'randomness' has increased in a positive favor.

I hope this doesn't start some stupid debate on the forums lol. I don't even think this is how it works for D3.
Edited by pacers101#1522 on 12/22/2012 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
They nerfed it to the ground, im 100% sure of it.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Ziggro

Nice proof you have there.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 09:13 AMPosted by hampster

I'm a 4th year math & logic student, and I can vouch that his argument constitutes a sound proof. It is known as proof by absolute certainty, and I am absolutely certain of its soundness.
Reply Quote
Subjective observation of consistent drop disparity.
Vaguely quantified analysis of aforementioned observations.
Dubious inference to Blizzard shenanigans.
Complete speculation as to the nefarious reason for aforementioned shenanigans.
More wild speculation.

^OP in a nutshell.

Yes. Exactly wat I was thinking.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 02:49 AMPosted by Tokadub
BOTS

OMG TEH BOTS R EVERYWHARE!
Reply Quote
If this games drops were truly random then I must be an extreme outlier. Because ever since the first Legendary patch there have been consistent trends that are so obvious that in many cases I already knew a Legendary was about to drop seconds before it even happened.

Currently Legendary drops seem to be at an all time low.
Edited by Tokadub#1875 on 12/22/2012 4:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm a 4th year math & logic student, and I can vouch that his argument constitutes a sound proof. It is known as proof by absolute certainty, and I am absolutely certain of its soundness.

Im absolutely certain that your absolute certainty is absolutely based on uncertain assumptions.
Reply Quote
All I know is that since Paragon Level 1 I have basically tripled my DPS and I steamroll through MP 5 like it's butter. Yet I am finding SIGNIFICANTLY less drops now than I did at MP 1 with 70k DPS months ago.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Saigyouji

Of course, my !@#$% is big because I say it is. That is logically sound in any system.

A->A for the win.
Reply Quote
Subjective observation of consistent drop disparity.
Vaguely quantified analysis of aforementioned observations.
Dubious inference to Blizzard shenanigans.
Complete speculation as to the nefarious reason for aforementioned shenanigans.
More wild speculation.

^OP in a nutshell.

$5
Reply Quote
View profile
Put away your tinfoil hat sir, Blizz does not adjust the drop rates on the fly. They do not have some secret program that does it based on what is in the auction houses.

I know that the real agenda of threads like this is to get Blizz to make it where the best gear in the game with perfect rolls will fall like rain out of the sky. Regradless of what happens to the game. Which it would destroy this game if they did that.
Reply Quote
i have played this game for around 400 hours, and the pants on the witch doctor is the only end game item that has ever dropped for me. imho a person should be able to find a full set of nearly best in slot items on one character with 400 hours invested. sick of people pretending that this game is fun when all it does is suck away your time without remorse or reward. legendaries falling like rain...what a crock.

i have also noticed a similar trend OP. best way to feel better about D3 is to quit playing it for a few months.
Reply Quote
12/22/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Bizlord
one character with 400 hours invested

12/22/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Bizlord
this game is fun
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]