Diablo® III

Need computer upgrade help to run game client

recently had my gaming laptop take a crap on me, had to resort to an old desktop. loaded game and it lags pretty bad, suspect it needs a video card upgrade but unsure of what to get? was looking at possbily a GeForce GTX 560 ti since it was on the supported list for high performance.

desktop specs
Gateway DX4720-03

Win 7 32bit
4 GB Ram
Intel Pentium E5200 / 2.5 GHz
300 GB SSD
1TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 7100

any help is appreciated
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
PingofDeath,

The GeForce 7100 is on our list of unsupported cards. Any modern card would help but I really wouldn't spend too much considering your Gateway is pretty old already. The cpu it's using is below the minimum requirements too.
Reply Quote
i must say i run the game with a gtx 560 ti 2gb and it's running smooth as hell...
would consider a complete new mainboard cpu graphical card and some more memory :P
Reply Quote
thats what i feared. thanks for the help
Reply Quote
So i'm goin to build a new comp. thinking of going with the i5 2500k cpu since ive heard it screams and is awesome for overclocking. which motherboard should i pair it with? and would it make sense to get a mobo with good enough integrated video to support d3 or should i focus more on getting a separate card? looking to get a good bare-bones kit for around $500 (cpu, mobo, ram, power supply)

will be using on my 46 inch tv as a monitor and hdmi is preferred.

any input is greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]