Diablo® III

Anyone else unhappy with wizard class?

I feel like this class was ruined by D3. The only good build is CM and this build is not only boring, but doesn't feel like a wizard. I have a barb and DH, both of which are a lot of fun to play but the wizard class sucks to me. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.
Reply Quote
Nope, CM (SNS) is not boring and 100% feels like playing a Wizard. Not sure what you were hoping for, but for me trucking full speed into a giant mob of monsters sending shocks tornados and explosions of arcane power like some crazy kamikaze bomber is just what i intended to do with my level 100 Wizard. Not to mention one can drop the monster power down to feel like you are in "God-Mode" with the right combination of MP/Archon spec, as well as use speed experience farming options such as Spectral Blades/Blizzard for MP0/1. The list goes on and on, but I think our class is actually turning out great. Maybe if you feel this negatively about Wizard, well... you shouldn't be playing a Wizard!
Reply Quote
Indeed, I find all 3 builds I fart around with (SNS, archon and scramble-blades) to be fun and wizard-y. SNS is the most fun, actually- I totally feel like some sort of battlefield God that freezes my enemies, farts out tornadoes, then constantly supernovas them into oblivion. Can't really grasp people who'd rather hydra kite or whatever.
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Triumph
Indeed, I find all 3 builds I fart around with (SNS, archon and scramble-blades) to be fun and wizard-y. SNS is the most fun, actually- I totally feel like some sort of battlefield God that freezes my enemies, farts out tornadoes, then constantly supernovas them into oblivion. Can't really grasp people who'd rather hydra kite or whatever.

This. I have a WW barb (tried HotA and a variety of builds) and I seriously can't find the motivation to keep playing it anymore after trying SnS Wizard. I'll lvl him up to 50
(currently 45) and leave him be 'til pvp or something.
Reply Quote
@OP

We have two great specs and tons of variations of both. No other class has two specs that require completely different gear. They just respec with the same stuff or maybe change out 1-2 pieces. I have two completely different sets and i find that very attractive for a class.

In all honesty, i would have been unhappy and bored with everything but wizard. The fact that i can gear for CM and archon gives the game an MMO feel - which i really like. Also, we are king on ubers, all of these "uber speed farm" groups use CM wizards...always nice to be needed. No one ever asks why there isn't a DH in the group
Reply Quote
12/29/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Poke
I feel like this class was ruined by D3. The only good build is CM and this build is not only boring, but doesn't feel like a wizard. I have a barb and DH, both of which are a lot of fun to play but the wizard class sucks to me. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.
cm wizzy is a beast, with those fingers, you never get bored with it unless you use macro.
Reply Quote
If you dont love it, dont play it, ends of story.

12/29/2012 11:37 AMPosted by SuperJJ
cm wizzy is a beast, with those fingers, you never get bored with it unless you use macro.

CM Wiz with 150k+ DPS is probably not boring, but with 110k DPS is boring at high MP. I hate long !@# fights.
Edited by Memories#1812 on 12/29/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
CM/WW: the only build in the game that is capable of such substantial "tanking" because of being able to freeze monsters in place, allowing ranged to stop kiting and nuke them down more. This has made CM pretty much a vital part of any group.

Archon: shoot a giant death ray out of your face. 'nuff said.

CM/meteors: same as cm/ww but now with meteors raining down on everything.

nonstop meteor spam: meteor spell cost reduction + apoc + stats = stand in one place and spam meteors all day.

at lower mp levels pretty much any somewhat well thought out kiting build will work.

I've played each class besides barb and while I enjoy the other classes in my opinion wizards are the most well rounded. You can go full-tank mode, max dps mode, or anything inbetween depending on the situation. Not to mention the wizard graphics clearly got most of d3's design budget hah - when there's too many monsters on the screen and you toss out twisters it breaks the game vs whenever I use spells on other classes sometimes something glimmers or sparkles for a second?

Maybe wizard just isnt for you, but I can't seem to get enough of it.
Reply Quote
I play with Blizzard and Teleport. Drop a Blizzard and let it one shot waves of mobs, then run away as the exp ticks in. If I want to up it for loot just a few tweaks make it even flashier.
Reply Quote
I did find a meteor build that was pretty fun.
Reply Quote
unhappy coz my fem wiz doesn't bend over or make sexy noises
Reply Quote
View profile
Nope love it. I play a lot of builds too. Archon. Prodigy feed meteors. No wind up blades wiz, WW feed meteors and WW/CM and all it's sub sets. Key to enjoyment is AR ARMOR and sustain.

Once ur living well you can explore anything.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 12/29/2012 5:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]